Grow Area

jmyers1069

I am building a small grow cabnet. It's going to be 8x4 and 8 ft tall. It will be divided into a 3ft area (veg./cloning shelf)1 gal pots and a 5ft area (flowering)3 or 5 gal pots. How many plants can i grow? I have 600 w x4 or 1000w x4 and mylar walls. And the all mighty of questions lol. In such a space to produce as much as possible each harvest. Hydroponics or soil? I will be growing MK Ultra and Vortex or maybe white widow. But I'll only be growing 2 strains. So how many plants?

The answer to that is questions :cheesygrinsmiley:

What are you allowed to grow? As an example I can only flower 6 plants at a time.

If number does not matter...

How do you want to grow? perpetual or "grows"...

scrog? one plant, sea of green? I would have to do the math but like 45 or so, 5 gallon plants? 2-6 depending on how big you let them get

Are you able to care for them every day? Are you meticulous?

:popcorn:

The answer to that is questions :cheesygrinsmiley:

What are you allowed to grow? As an example I can only flower 6 plants at a time.

If number does not matter...

How do you want to grow? perpetual or "grows"...

scrog? one plant, sea of green? I would have to do the math but like 45 or so, 5 gallon plants? 2-6 depending on how big you let them get

Are you able to care for them every day? Are you meticulous?

:popcorn:

It is a very open minded answer, in the long run it is all about what you want to achieve whether by legal MMJ state or not or perhaps part of world ya come from ?

By building a box like that mentioned suggest a mother plant a cloning area and veg plus flowering room.

How many plants depend on grow style ?

Which one do you want to do ?

Bush style of plant, scrog, sog, flux etc your choice !

Oh by the way welcome to the forums :Namaste:

I am using 2x600W HPS for a 4x8' flowering room. *and 2x215 T5 CFL in another room for vegging. I can theoretically produce 10 oz out of four plants every 5-6 weeks. This requires keeping track of a constant flow of 4 plants harvested and curing, 8 plants in flower, 8 plants in late veg, and 8 clones or seedlings in early veg - all at one time. I have yet to achieve that theoretical flow.

4x600W or 4x1000W is twice the usable light and heat.
4x1000W is well over 30AMP which is much more than the common 15 or sometimes 20 AMP circuit can carry.

If you want to run all those lights I would suggest a minimum of 8x8' room with multple electrical circuits from your circuit breaker panel.
If you want to gro as much as fricken possible, I suggest a second room dedicated to vegging, cloning and mothering.

Thanks for all the answers. Yes it is a very open ended question. There are so many ways. I am legal in the state of MI. I have grown for years but we lived in the middle of nowhere so I would start inside and then move them out. I can grow 12 plants for myself. So a complete grow cycle inside is a little new. I am meticulous about my plants. Yeild is important but potentcy is my main goal.

And thanks for the quick responses

With 12 plants, and splitting your room, it would be reasonable to have 6 in flower and 6 in veg at all times, taking clones just before going into flower if you want to repeat the genetics or planting a seed just after placing a plant in flower. 6 assumes feminized. With unsexed seeds, you would plant more. ... So a six plant harvest every 8-10 weeks, with your skills at vegging and an 8 ft ceiling, after a little practice is probably 4-6 dried oz per plant. One big light will be enough for a 4-5' long flowering room.

Back
Top Bottom