Grow box help, Please!

gr865

OK, all you wannabe Tim Taylor's, which I am not. The only thing I hit with a hammer is my thumb. That's why I use screws.

Cabinet is 32x48x74 inches OD. Grow space is 30x36x74" for flower and approx 30x12x74 for flower, may use this area for storage and build a separated veg room. When complete will have two fans blowing across the plants, a Wind Tunnel 4" 200cfm fan, a Phrish 200cfm filter and the lighting is California Light Works Solar Storm 400W LED. If needed I will add some CFL's but my grow is a two plant Mainline in three gallon Smart Pot's and four clones that I saved from the disasters I have encountered so I should not need the extra light.

Started installing the door. First thing I noticed was that I had fastened the hedges too tight and could not get it to close properly, big gap for light to excape. So I took the henges off re aligned and re-installed them only to find that the door is bowed some only minor.

Question is, how do I seal this to prevent light leakage. Each door has double 3/16th weather stripping.

GR

Light doesn't get around corners very well so if you border where your door sits with some rubber strip. finding it hard to explain. if you have your door open you would see a little rubber strip hanging down from the roof and sticking out from the sides and bottom so that when the door closes it butts up against these strips and blocks the cracks in the door from the inside. will require some right angle brackes to stick/screw your rubber strips to, this would be easiest way to attch with the rubber strips skinny side touching the roof/sides/bottom. Cant provide a pic as only an idea. can try draw it if you don't get me

3/8's of a gasket should be plenty to make up for more than any acceptable bowing, you didn't mention if you doors are wood or some type of metal so i will assume wood, i would simply remove the doors soak then generously with water and lay them on a flat surface and let dry with enough weight rested on top of it to press it flat, be sure that whatever used to weigh it down covers the whole surface as to avoid creating new bows in the material. when dry the wood should hold itself in a relatively flat non-bowed state.

Back
Top Bottom