Grow Equipment

Josebuds

420 Member
Hey Guys,
So I have a few questions about growing equipment and their use. I'm going to be buying the following equipment and have a question next to it
1. VIVOSUN 600W Grow Light - How far should it be from the Seedling, Veg State and Bloom? ) Growing 4 Auto-flowers
2. Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Soil - Should I purchase nutrients as well (this is my second grow)
3. 3 Gallon Fabric Pots - I am going to grow 4 White Widow Auto-flowers
4. Carbon Filter and Exhaust Fan
5. Not going to buy a humidifier right now as relative humidity is around 60% at my location and average temperature is 70 degrees Fahrenheit
6. 6 inch clip on fan (1)

Do I need anything else to ensure that I get dense high quality buds? And can I grow dense and big buds without nutrients but by maintaining proper environment, good light and circulation?

Thanks let me know!

You will want to to get nutrients for sure but use water for first couple weeks, there should be plenty of nutrients in the ocean forestMaintaining a 70-80 degrees window is important and you can pick higher or lower temps depending on what your strain likes. If you can’t
So maybe a small air conditioner if it’s needed. I’m not using one
I would recommend getting some sort of bigger fan to circulate the air better.
they have stuff you can mix in the soil and it comes alive and feeds your plants for you they actually a sponsor on here with a sweet free sample You just pay shipping like 13$ I’m getting some to try and I have another brand I’m going to try as well.
also I know that hps has been a sure thing for big yields but there are new leds that are coming out that do just as well. I don’t have much to say about them yet because this is my first time using them but I have been super happy with my veg and my autos are doing pretty well too.
They save so much money on my power bill with not having to run ac. I do have a lot of fans and a lot of fresh air probably not needed but my plants are really strong.
If you have any questions feel free to ask. there is a lot of good growers on here happy to help

:welcome:

I would upgrade the light to a more powerfull full spectrum sun light. MarsHydro ts1000 is good to start from depending on your tent size. your light manual will tell you what the hight should be for each stage.

Foxfarm is a good soil but to hot for seedling stage. You need to mix it down to minimize the neutritions.
bigger fabric pot will allow better root system which will allow better plant growth for flower stage.

What is your grow space?

:welcome:

I would upgrade the light to a more powerfull full spectrum sun light. MarsHydro ts1000 is good to start from depending on your tent size. your light manual will tell you what the hight should be for each stage.

Foxfarm is a good soil but to hot for seedling stage. You need to mix it down to minimize the neutritions.
bigger fabric pot will allow better root system which will allow better plant growth for flower stage.

What is your grow space?
Agreed! use at least a 5 gal fabric pot

Welcome to the forum @Josebuds :welcome:

Hey Guys,
So I have a few questions about growing equipment and their use. I'm going to be buying the following equipment and have a question next to it
1. VIVOSUN 600W Grow Light - How far should it be from the Seedling, Veg State and Bloom? ) Growing 4 Auto-flowers
2. Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Soil - Should I purchase nutrients as well (this is my second grow)
3. 3 Gallon Fabric Pots - I am going to grow 4 White Widow Auto-flowers
4. Carbon Filter and Exhaust Fan
5. Not going to buy a humidifier right now as relative humidity is around 60% at my location and average temperature is 70 degrees Fahrenheit
6. 6 inch clip on fan (1)

Do I need anything else to ensure that I get dense high quality buds? And can I grow dense and big buds without nutrients but by maintaining proper environment, good light and circulation?

Thanks let me know!
1. Start at 20 to 24 inches for a 600 watt
2. Yes I use the trio line, Big Bloom= (bat guano tea), Tiger Bloom=(flower nutrients), and Grow Big =(veg nutrients)
AND...FFOF is perfect for autos...DO NOT DILUTE...
3. Perfect
4. Good...you can run it 24/7 and ex nay the humidifier
5. fuckn a right :rofl:
6. You're going to need more when they get bigger, and make at least 1 an oscillating fan

We'll get into the last part after you've completed this mission, if you choose to accept those parameters :rofl::rofl: no seriously you'll want LOS (living organic soil) for that :thumb:

Welcome to :420:

If you have a lux meter use the following as a general guide. If you plan to use HID lights for long it's a handy tool to make sure everything is well dialed in.

Life StageMaximumGoodMinimum
Vegetative70,000 lux40,000 lux15,000 lux
Flowering85,000 lux60,000 lux35,000 lux

*copied and pasted from a different site

they have stuff you can mix in the soil and it comes alive and feeds your plants for you they actually a sponsor on here with a sweet free sample You just pay shipping like 13$ I’m getting some to try and I have another brand I’m going to try as well.

Do you mind sharing? I’m pretty clueless at finding things like this. I’ll give it the ol’ college try if all I need to do is pay shipping.

Thank you, I’ll go check it out. I have some autos coming to go into soil along with 5 seeds I just dropped for mother plants that would definitely benefit.

*edit* I put in the request and added that if one of their retailers has it on hand I could pick it up from them to save myself the shipping cost and waiting time. One of their retailers is just a few miles from me.

I won’t be mixing it with the Mega Crop I use but I’m definitely going to try it on a auto or too this fall.

Back
Top Bottom