Grow room questions

Kays

Hey all, I'm a first time grower still setting up his grow "room".
I want to put one or two auto plants in my attic but I'm unsure about a couple of things (I looked around for info but nothing was very similar to my situation).

With a 300w cfl bulb, would it be better to enclose them in a white-painted closet or to place them directly under a skylight (I mean a few inches below it) with the bulb between the window and the plant?
The closet would be 3.2ft by 2.2ft and the skylight is 2.2ft by 3.4ft.

The skylight has around 1ft of white walls surrounding it which would serve as some limited enclosure. It is north facing, but if you are close to the glass you can actually see the sun for part of the morning and most of the afternoon.

Stealth is not an issue as you would have to be right above the skylight to see anything. Same with odor, not an issue.

Also, I ordered 2 seeds, 1 Northern Lights Auto and 1 Royal Cheese Auto. Is 300w enough to grow both of them at the same time? One would be in a 20L (~5gal) pot and the other one in a smaller one (maybe 3gal). Do you think it's possible to get around 3oz total with this very low budget setup?

So yea, I would like an expert's opinion on the matter :) Can't wait to post a journal of the grow :thanks:

EDIT: I can post pics if needed to get a better idea of what i'm talking about.

I'd get a 400w mh/hps. Scratch the skylight idea. In a 3x3 area with a 400w hps, you can get 12 ozs or so, with healthy plants of course.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you for your replies and suggestions! :)
I thought about getting one of those HPS lights, but ultimately me and my growing buddy decided that as a first grow we wanted something on the cheaper side. I'm planning to get one of those once I get a little more experience.

Security is not a problem, nobody would be able to see it unless standing directly over the skylight, but I appreciate the concern.
Also I'm not sure light cycles would be a problem either with autos, but as a beginner I'm not gonna make such a claim.

Anyway, if if you guys say the skylight won't significantly help I'll just grow them in my closet, which would actually be much more comfortable for watering and such.

Thank you again :thanks:

Remember Atics tend to be super hot in the summer an wicked cold in the winter unless it's s finished room. Most r not. Iam not sure where u live but just a heads up. Could or could not be an issue :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Remember Atics tend to be super hot in the summer an wicked cold in the winter unless it's s finished room. Most r not. Iam not sure where u live but just a heads up. Could or could not be an issue :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah, I should be good for this first grow but in summer I'll probably have to move it or get some serious cooling. Last year the temps in the attic got around 35c (95f) :S

Back
Top Bottom