Growing issues

xbo20

Hey everyone, I have been growing a plant for the past couple of weeks and everything has been going great. I started her off in a plug, now shes in a local organic soil we have down here called Thunderhead. I have a nice little box with good ventilation and discreetness, and there are two 46 watt HCF lighting her. However within the last couple of days her leaves have been yellow and there is a brown spot developing on her primary leaf, which i diagnosed as either nitrogen or phosphorus deficiencies. I have been foliar feeding here and there at night, and gave her her first (very low) dose of feed in soil yesterday, however I have yet to see any signs of improvement. Could it be anything else? the Ph is a bit alkaline, and I dont know very much about the tap water here in San Marcos, Tx? I would really appreciate some help, and i know its best to get these things sorted out early.
plant138.jpg

Hey man ok so....yah it looks hungry...should be feeding her at 3 weeks.....prob needs a steadier PH....like a 6.6.....maybe 6.4.....something...and a dose of cal/mag in every other watering for next couple weeks......shell be fine....just alittle nitrogen you know....but fix her PH my man....you answered your own questions here...Lol...word

You know come to think of it...yuP I've had some local soil too the was way too HOT....out the gate for my girls and they did this too....

the leaves are showing a little bit of a high ph as well.

start your nutes at 1/4 str. dont worry so much about spraying it with anything..

also i'd ditch the tap water, and get some RO or distilled.

Rad. @CannaVince, I am about to head out to get some cal/mag, I think it will help with nut absorption cause her color didnt change too much after last feeding. and i will have to work on the ph levels as well. and what do you mean soil being too hot?

@nibec, I have considered using distilled water for previous grows, however it didn't seem necessary, because the ph levels were pretty decent. But i will definitely go purchase some. I don't drink tap water, why should I make my baby? haha

Thanks to the both of yall. ill upload some new pics when she starts lookin a little more healthy.

*Also, is it worth over watering a little in order to feed cal/mag now, rather than waiting for her next watering?

No...never over water....there's only the flush....so no....wait till next dry out to feed her...and some soils already come with nutes in them...like nitrogen...phos...and potash....sometimes it's too much and gently shocks the girls....but typically on week 3 they have used up those nutes in the soil.....and need feedings....so sometimes the roots could be in Hot soil...

Ah, that makes sense. The first time i grew i used miracle grow and it was way too 'hot'.
You brought up the flush, I was going to flush her before the discoloration started, since I read you normally flush after the first 3 weeks. Do you think it would be better to flush her before I give her the cal/mag to ensure no nute lock and balance out the ph? or is it vital to feed her first, since she is continuing to get more yellow and her spot keeps getting darker.
-Thanks again for you help and fast responses. This is by far the best forum site I have worked with.

It would be actually best for a flush first....that way you start her fresh ....then add the cal/mag on the first watering after the flush....Once the girls gets a little bigger and you fixed her PH then you could cut off that bad leaf....

Alright. So I have neutralized her ph to a little over 6 with the help of RO water, I flushed her about a little over a week ago, as well as given her a feeding of her first cal/mag and regular levels of nutes. She grew up a bit literally overnight after her feeding, She is now 4 weeks old and although I didn't veg her long enough, I haven't had a plants growth stunt on me like this before. Her under leafs continue to brown, and its now spreading upward. I have never had a rootlock or root rot problem before, but i really dont know what else it could be? I didn't want to transplant her, in order to restrict size to my grow space. I figure if i fixed the problem I wouldn't continue to see digression, some advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
DSCN11805.JPG

btw, the image doesnt really do justice to just how brow and brittle the leaves really are getting.

Do you think that i can keep her in the 18oz plastic cup, ensuring root lock and minimal growth, or is a transplant going to be necessary to ensure a good yield?

Alright, cool thanks. Ha, the care I have for my girls creates an impeccable desire to constantly try to 'fix' them. And I have never had problems occur this early on so I am concerned.

Back
Top Bottom