Growing with CFLs in very limited space

Hello Fellow growers. Thought I'd stop by and drop a line to say hey and fill you all in on some of our doings in the recent past.

SK-Slappy and I are still at it! We've been using the cabinet shown in this thread as our vegging box. Using some of our DIY skills we repurposed a rolling kitchen cart into a sweet clone box and are still using the 2 "tents" we made (as shown in this thread) for our bloom boxes.

We are primarily growing 2 different strains. One being Top 44 (6-7 week bloom cycle) and Papaya (9-10 week bloom cycle). These have been our "go to" strains because we love them and they produce very nice yields. On average each of these strains provide ~3.75 ounces per plant. We've made only one major change in our process. We switched from the shallow tubs that are capable of growing 4 plants to just using a black, 5 gallon bucket and doing only 1 plant per tent. It turns out that we are able to get a slightly better yield from 1 plant than we did with 4. (See the tents and our old tubs here in this thread).

It turns out that it has become pretty routine for us with little to no problems with the whole process from cloning to trimming (although we have quickly learned to HATE the trimming part). Our growing process has become such a regular routine that we have branched out in an effort to continue to keep learning and to "use the whole whale". By that I mean we try to get the most out of every harvest.

For example the plants are always COVERED with frosty goodness from the stems to the fan leaves to the buds...just covered. So we save the fan leaves and all the trimmings and use a nice dry ice method of getting the tris off the trash. We then use that kief to make butter for baking and just recently for making gummy bear type candies.

We continue to share our harvests with family and friends (gratis...as long as we are growing they will always get what they need/want at no charge) and continue to enjoy the hobby. At no time did SK-Slappy and I think we would have ever been this successful at something we knew nothing about. It took some work, research (thanks to the 420 magazine user base), perseverance, dedication, some ingenuity and experimentation but we are at a point now where we are just rolling along. It's been a great ride and we continue to enjoy it.

I still take a lot of photos. I'll try to find some time to post a few at some point.

I want to say thanks to the thousands of viewers of this post (and all our posts) and really hope we have been able to get people excited about the possibilities of what can be achieved with the plethora of information available throughout the forums here at 420magazine.com. There are a lot of great people here with a fantastic knowledge base that are willing to help. SK-Slappy and I are examples of what can be achieved after reading and asking questions of the folks here.

hello all ...just joined the forum, also I'm am attempting my first grow.i have been doing research online and there is so many ways about this that is kind of confusing for me.i have no experience on this what so ever but desided why not give it a try, i found 4 seeds in one one of my nugs and decided to put them in a wet paper towel...the following day they sprouted so i left them till the root was about half an inch long and planted them in some organic soil from home depot in a cup and put them by the window...they kept growing so i moved them under cfl. all 4 plants are different sizes and i water them every day till the soil is wet. i decided to build a lamp and put them inside the closet under 3 23watt 6500k daylight CFL and 1 32w 6500K CFL. i also got fox farms trio that i might be starting to use after about 2 weeks. i will be adding a fan and ventilation system since it get to about 80-82 degrees under the lights...what is the ideal temp in a closet space?
i just bought a 42w 2700K..when should i add it in?

any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated .

Back
Top Bottom