Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Hello 420 Mag! It's been a while. Got dad moved back to OH, which consumed 3 weeks of my time. Farside05 Jr. has been minding the tent. He had a rough go getting seeds to sprout. He has 2 Northern Lights Autos going along with a Heavyweight Fruit Punch Auto that's about 2 weeks behind. Demand has outpaced supply so the big shake up is adding a second tent to supplement the 32"x32". I bought an LED, put it in the 32"x32" and will miss be the custom light in the new tent. No need to fire up the new one just yet until seeds sprout. I dropped some seeds today into Jiffy Plugs. Plan is for 2-Barney's Farm Triple Cheese, 1-Barney's Farm Peyote Critical, and 1-Delicous Seeds Candy.

:ciao:
Good to see you Farside. The plants just thirsty in the background?

They were fed 3 hrs pre photo, restraints readjusted, and new light just came on for the 1st time. They should perk back up. They do look like shit in the photos. Looked much better yesterday.

Consumed some of the NLxBB by @WeedSeedsExpress last night. Was tripping ballsack watching The Matrix. That is some kind of mind expanding weed right there. The scene where Neo takes the Red Pill.. I'm thinking, the 1st part the camera follows the mercury looking substance down Neo's esophagus...that's freeing his mind. The next scene, Neo pulls the breathing tube out, that's freeing his body. Now his mind and body are free... the machines flush him down the sewer, their version of their esophagus,,, that frees him completely...his mind and body. Did the director do this on purpose, or is it just me tripping? As long as I got Cheese It's, I guess it doesn't matter...lol

It's only been 2 hours in, but 1st impression of the LED. It runs much hotter than my custom build. You can touch any component and not burn your hand, but you can feel the heat. It's definitely built to run at the full 240 watts that the supply produces. My custom build is meant to run at 70% of max, where peak efficiency is. At 70%, my custom is maybe 8 degrees over ambient room temp. Either is meant for a 3x3, and I have $400 in my custom, whereas the LED cost me $250. When I built my custom, there wasn't anything comparable available for purchase. The bit higher temps sure won't hurt during the colder months. We'll reassess as more time goes in Farside05 Jr's grow.

PS, the sons grow wasn't going real good, so I added the Tent Chicken back to the mix (along with a space heater because we had a couple cold nights). Things kicked it up after that. Some would say it was the extra heat, but I attribute it to the Chicken. He's gonna be S.O.L. when I take the Chicken back for the new tent. We did add some extra Mojo to the grow room though.

Three Chickens and a Moose.

16020229466011480874115680678034.jpg

Dibs on the old, soul sucking, carnuba wax, truth inducing tent chicken.

2 of the seeds for the new tent have broken ground and have been transplanted. Waiting on the other 2. Not sure why I'm having a difficult time getting seeds to pop. Some do have some age on them though.

Humidity is higher than I'd like. Much of that has to do with the nonstop rain we are getting. It should return to normal when the skies clear up. The Northerns (back) don't like the higher humidity as much. They get a bit droopy. The Fruit Punch (front right) doesn't seem to mind at all. She's a gorgeous looking plant.

I'll probably fire up the new tent next week when I transplant the new seedlings from solo cups to 5 gallon pots.

Big day at the Farside05 grow operation. Yesterday we finished up getting the new tent installed, so today was big maintenance day. This AM we fed the sons tent (my old digs). Upped them from 5 each to 6mg Mega/5 Cal-Mag, 5 Silica. The back Northerns were still happy at 5 each but the front Fruit Punch was showing some Cal-Mag deficiency. That should solve it. This afternoon I defoliated the Northerns and finally through some restraints on the Fruit Punch.

After I finished up with assisting the son, I turned attention to my new 3x3 (sporting my custom LED). I decided to try to reuse some Faux-Mix®. Somewhere along the lines I recall Pro-Mix saying their product was good for about a 6 month grow, before the Lime was used up to balance the pH. Considering I used the Faux-Mix® for about 3 months on my auto grow, I decided to add in half the Lime I usually use for a fresh batch. We'll see how that works out. I transplanted the 2 Triple Cheese that were in Solo Cups. I had 2 Purple Urkle that just broke ground. Decided to go straight to 5 gallons rather than Solo Cups because I was in the mood to work on plants and had the time today.

The Tent Chicken has been moved from the son's tent to mine.

Now that I have 2 tents, I may move more towards photos from autos. I've been eyeballing some new seeds from @WeedSeedsExpress, Gelato and Zkittlez. Be a couple more weeks before I need to make that decision since the son's autos probably have 6 weeks left.

Which tent gets the chicken?

Mine of course (the new 3x3 with the old light). There's still plenty of Chicken mojo in the "Weed Office". The Tent Chicken in my tent and the 3 stuffed Chickens on the desk plus the stuffed Weed Moose. The son's tent sports the "Egg of Power".

Enjoying sitting in the Weed Office having a few cocktails admiring my handiwork. This Kirkland (Costco brand) Tequila packs a punch and is quite tasty. Once the son gets home from welding school we'll probably retire to the back porch for some Deadwood (just started rewatching the series). One of my all-time favorites. He'll probably smoke a bowl of @WeedSeedsExpress NLxBB from his gigantic bong. I'll stick with the booze since I gotta go back to work Saturday and my work is not 420 friendly. Supplies are limited except for the couple oz of NLxBB we've saved back. Really need to get both these tents firing on all cylinders. Consumption has way outpaced production the last few months. Used to having a few pounds on hand and it's more like a 1/4 lb now.

Back
Top Bottom