Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Yup, start handing out shots of Terpinator and next thing you know its a out of hand Barbie Tent and Terpinator party. Just like at Shed's and Enfourtwo-oh's place!

Thinking about it, Ken might have been the original tranny, he was missing his genitalia. Let him attend the tea party and it turns into a drag show.

Fed the big girls 6g MC, 5ml FT. Took the risers out from under the back Zkittlez to level the canopy.

Finally have 4 seeds germinated for the auto tent. The back right is a Fastbuds Purple Lemonade. The other 3 that just broke ground are Weedseedsexpress Big Cheese.

A good size Barney's Farm Triple Cheese bud from the last harvest.

The flower tent is looking chock-a-block as usual.

Thanks. They are still awful pretty. No deficiencies, no burnt tips, just all green. They've been eating the 6g Mega Crop, 5ml Faux-Tekt®, 8.2 pH (not adjusted) for over a month now. The front left Gelato has some really white buds. Hoping for a frost monster. The front right Gelato has a beautiful fruity candy smell. The Sherbert part of her genetics really shows through. The Zkittlez are nice plants with sturdier stems than their Gelato cousins. Hoping for a good yield. Last few crops have been a bit underwhelming in weight, but I never get huge yields during the winter months. My grow area is just a bit too cool for optimal production. May - Oct seem to be my best months.

Van was just mentioning his seasonal fluctuations in harvests a few weeks ago, and I know my g/day numbers will always be best during the summer grow. Just part of growing all year, unless you're in a brand new climate-controlled house with cheap power bills :).

I don't have all your challenges of growing outdoors, but only maintain moderate environmental controls over my space. I could improve it but fear the extra electrical cost would be detrimental to my bank account. The plants seem to like 75 degrees and 60% humidity (my average warm weather numbers) more than 65 degrees and 30% RH (colder months).

Was in Walmart this AM and they are starting to get in some plants for the garden center. Managed to find a couple spearmint plants. I tried to germinate some spearmint seed this winter so I could have some fresh Mint for Mojitos. They didn't sprout. So now I'm in business. You can see them tucked in between the babies pots on the auto tent.

Flowers look jam packed, and nice to finally get some mint going on!

Bring on the mojitos. :)

I do have a tendency to crowd my plants. Sort of a SOG philosophy with 4 in a 3x3.

Momma was happy I sourced some mint. I guess the mother-in-law is on a Mojito kick too so there will be plenty of demand. Hit them with 2g MC and 2ml FT. They were real dry.

Ever use any Super Thrive on your plants?

I'm normally not the "magic elixir" type, but must have had a moment of weakness a couple weeks back while in Home Depot. I grabbed a bottle. I know there are a few old school growers that use it a couple times a grow. The flowering girls got 1/4 tsp per gallon when they were flipped, and the seedlings got the same when transplanted. We'll see if there is any noticeable benefit.

Please pardon the intrusion, maybe you and/or your followers might be interested :cheer:

If so, please apply in the comparative grow thread, as I won't be responding to replies here :thanks:

:Namaste:

Lowered the light yesterday on the yougins' and the color isn't quite as even today. I'll give them another day or two to acclimate then reassess. Currently at 25k lux. A little higher intensity than I'd normally run them at. Part of that is due to having 1 plant that's a week+ older than the others. Looking at Mondays post, the mint plants in the middle sure have added some size.

Big watering day. 3 gal each of 6g Mega Crop for the flowering girls. No Faux-Tekt for them today. Need to make another batch. I have the Potassium Silicate but need to pick up some distilled water since my R.O. system decided to spring a leak that I still haven't fixed. The 4 youngins got a gallon each of 3g Mega Crop and 3ml Faux-Tekt. The color of them has balanced out a bit more after they got used to the increased light intensity. Mint plants got a top off. They are on the same diet as the babies. That should keep them all for a while. Was too lazy to snap any pics after all that watering. Maybe later tonight.

Just did a thing... Bought a bag of Jack's Nutrients 15-5-20. It's designed specifically for tap water with higher alkalinity. My tap runs between 150-180. In theory the balance of Nitrogen sources should match perfectly with my water to keep my growing medium pH in the optimal zone. Not that I've ever had a problem with my Faux-Mix getting too far out of the zone with almost all Nitrate Nitrogen that is in Mega Crop. The plan is to feed 5g Jack's, 1g Epsom Salts, 5ml Faux-Tekt. That should give me a blended N-P-K of around 5-2-8 (label) or 5-1-6 (ppm) if my math is close (some I did in my head). Care to take a stab at that with Hydrobuddy @InTheShed ?

Will do when I'm at my computer.

The thing I found about Jack's (at least the 20-10-20 recommended by Premier Tech to correct high pH) is that there are practically no micronutrients.

Also, @Mr. Sauga (who didn't respond to the tag in my thread so I don't know if he's getting notifications) mentioned that cannabis needs something like 90% of its N in nitrate form. I don't know where that comes from so he'll need to pipe up here!

I'll let you know what the HB software says.

Will do when I'm at my computer.

The thing I found about Jack's (at least the 20-10-20 recommended by Premier Tech to correct high pH) is that there are practically no micronutrients.

Also, @Mr. Sauga (who didn't respond to the tag in my thread so I don't know if he's getting notifications) mentioned that cannabis needs something like 90% of its N in nitrate form. I don't know where that comes from so he'll need to pipe up here!

I'll let you know what the HB software says.

The 15-5-20 is a complete formula unlike some of their others. Their feed schedule has you switch to Bloom (10-30-20) for 2 weeks at the beginning of flower, then go back to the 15-5-20. Looked at the Bloom food and it's missing a number of micros, most notably Calcium. I would think that would be suicide. Of course you know my feelings on Bloom foods, I'm not following the schedule for that.

I'd be interested to see the source data on the claim of 90% N in it's Nitrate form. The Dyna-Gro I used to use was only 66%, the Jacks 15-5-20 is 80%.

Back
Top Bottom