Growth stages and nute ratio

LIAB

So following the feed schedule for GH. Terms such as early bloom week 1 or week 2 all the way to ripen only allow for 9 weeks all. So if you have a 12 week flowering strain or have some other difficulty that slows development of the plant the feed schedule then wouldn't be accurate for your grow. It would be nice to be able to look at pictures that show when each stage has been entered and exited so Nute delivery can be precise. Can anyone provide pictures of the end of early bloom and beginning of mid bloom end of mid bloom beginning of late bloom. . Thanks

So following the feed schedule for GH. Terms such as early bloom week 1 or week 2 all the way to ripen only allow for 9 weeks all. So if you have a 12 week flowering strain or have some other difficulty that slows development of the plant the feed schedule then wouldn't be accurate for your grow. It would be nice to be able to look at pictures that show when each stage has been entered and exited so Nute delivery can be precise. Can anyone provide pictures of the end of early bloom and beginning of mid bloom end of mid bloom beginning of late bloom. . Thanks
It just so happens, that I have multiple instances of examples that you can look at, from over many years of work. Simply go to any of my grow journals, where I carefully document each stage of the grow. I even throw in some stages that no one else seems to do, just to keep things interesting.

Each grow is different and each variety different still, but thankfully most nute programs go by the week of the grow, and that is usually accurate enough. Your mid bloom, or let's say, week #5, is going to be pretty much the same as any week 5 all over the globe. Follow the feed schedule and you will be fine.

To adjust your grow, if you extend veg more than 4 weeks, for any reason... stay on week 4 of the feeding chart. If you have a long running plant that is going to run 12 weeks, stay on week 6 of the feeding chart until 2 weeks from the end.

Hello LIAB,

So just some thoughts and observations, some manufacturer instructions are out of date so it should more or less be as follows. Seedling stage from the time the seed pops until, the first set of true leaves appear. Typically, they have three blades and fall on the second node. After this phase we enter early veg which should be somewhere => 400 ppm, during this time roots are developing. Late veg follows when your lady starts growing and producing tons of leaves, because her root system is adequate in the ballpark of 600 ppm.

Next comes the transition phase which can take anywhere from two to four weeks, and still requires veg nutrients 600 ppm and above. In transition, you are swapping from veg to bloom because you want to, or your ladies start producing staggered internodes which indicates maturity. This phase is not flowering, simply changing the lights from 18/6 to 12/12 does not trigger flowering nutrients. Only when your ladies stop stretching and bud sites begin to appear in rapid succession are you finally in the flowering stage.

Flowering stage, your ladies are no longer stretching and are focusing on simply developing small bud sites, this is early bloom. Mid bloom would be these singular bud sites multiplying on top of each other. This would continue until almost no new growth appears, at this point your buds begin to swell simply gaining in mass. Your white calyx are possibly starting to turn brown, your trichomes are developing swelled tops and are turning milky. Finally, we have late bloom which would likely be the last two to three weeks before a possible week or two of flush. Your PPMs should be somewhat low during early bloom directly following transition. It should rise and possibly be at it highest in mid bloom since its developing in number and mass. It should start to drop slightly in late bloom as they become denser.

This is a chart I made in excel and how I typically log and keep on track. Its important to note that when you cause plants significant amounts of stress such as topping, time somewhat stops. So a major defoliation or topping would add a week of recovery, if you did this in say week 3, you would simply repeat week 3 again. Once growth becomes vigorous again and it looks like your ladies have recovered, you progress to week 4 feeding. Green for veg blue for bloom and target ppms. In my chart I veg for four weeks, clone repeat week four feed and once recovered I switch the lights to 12/12 for roughly two weeks or longer if needed. Then I flush and introduce bloom nutrients and start counting as week one flower or early bloom. With a flush for good measure in the last week before chop based on the amount of amber you want your trichomes to be.

veg.PNG
bloom.PNG

Back
Top Bottom