Half dried buds?

SanJT

420 Member
Hello everyone,

I am at the final stages of my grow and my buds are hanging right now as they dry. Its been about 4 days and the majority of each bud is still a little wet. I did notice however that the tops of the buds feel really crispy. As you feel the bud and go closer to the bottoms they feel almost too wet to be done drying. Is this a normal thing? Do I take them down and finish the drying and curing in A jar?

I would leave them hang, do the branches almost snap or just bend, this gives you more of a idea + if there feeling wet they are wet, you want to leave them hang as long as you can. :peace:

Drying and curing is something you need to get the hang of after a few rounds you will know where your at moisture wise a lot better.Let them hang longer then cut from stem and bag or jar.Make sure after you jar them to let them sweat meaning they will feel dry then when you close jar they will feel wet again.Keep opening till they stop sweating then every few days burp them.

Okay! Thanks for the info! Would this concept apply right after I take the buds down? Say if they feel dry and crispy and then I leave them in a jar should they feel moist again?

My stuff typically hangs 10-14 days before it's ready for jars, it's definitely not "dry" when it goes in. Probly has much to do with my humidity level compared to yours. Months later it's often still not really "dry". I never want crispy, crumbly bud. I burp as often as I can remember to do it, which is probably every day or two. When burping, I take a nice deep smell, breath a nice breath back in, then cap it. maybe a 15 second process.

One other thing I shake the jars when I burp them they tend to get all clumped I think that really helps me get consistent drying throughout the jar.

Back
Top Bottom