Harvest or not?

spliffas

Hello! Have very strange problem.

I have 8 plants and they are in different stages of life. I have one water pump and one electronical timer, I am leaving for 10 days my home and I don't know what to do. I have two plants who are finishing (I believe) and I still have 5 more days and I don't know harvest those two or keep them for 10 days more with light nutes (as I only have one waterpump) and 7 more flowering plants.

At first I was considering to give them only water, but those other plants just started flowering so I think it's not an idea to keep them without nutes...

Some of the photos of those two I wish to flower, their trichs are mostly cloudy, few maybe clear and maybe even few of amber:

BTW they are photoperiod grown 12/12
Any ideas? Thanks. I'm leaving on this tuesday evening, so still have some time to sort this thing out...

Attachments

• IMG_0964.JPG
    IMG_0964.JPG
    709.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0965.JPG
    IMG_0965.JPG
    742.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0966.JPG
    IMG_0966.JPG
    705.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0969.JPG
    IMG_0969.JPG
    681.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    649.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0973.JPG
    IMG_0973.JPG
    677.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0975.JPG
    IMG_0975.JPG
    578.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0978.JPG
    IMG_0978.JPG
    976.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0987.JPG
    IMG_0987.JPG
    794.8 KB · Views: 73
  • kk.jpg
    kk.jpg
    923.4 KB · Views: 77
I am leaving on tuesday, and return oct 12. But I have 5 more plants and they just started flowering + one sativa in mid / late flower, and after I come back I would like (actually I must) harvest them, but it'd be a good idea to flush before harvest?? I am very short in space, I have one tent for those 5, and my 3 plants (two from the pic and another sativa (pretty big)) will go into 50x50x100 under viparspectra r300, as those other plants in need of qb and I am trying to keep those 5 autos in that small tent and I only have one waterpump, so they all will be recieving same amount and strenght of nutes...

i was thinking to run only water for all of them while i am away, but those other guys started flowering, I did a defol and I believe that with nutes they'll do a lot better...

:/

Or I can flush for 5 days and oct 1 harvest, ideally both, but I think to harvest one would be good too as it's not enough space in that other small tent for them ://

I am leaving on tuesday, and return oct 12. But I have 5 more plants and they just started flowering + one sativa in mid / late flower, and after I come back I would like (actually I must) harvest them, but it'd be a good idea to flush before harvest?? I am very short in space, I have one tent for those 5, and my 3 plants (two from the pic and another sativa (pretty big)) will go into 50x50x100 under viparspectra r300, as those other plants in need of qb and I am trying to keep those 5 autos in that small tent and I only have one waterpump, so they all will be recieving same amount and strenght of nutes...

i was thinking to run only water for all of them while i am away, but those other guys started flowering, I did a defol and I believe that with nutes they'll do a lot better...

:/

Or I can flush for 5 days and oct 1 harvest, ideally both, but I think to harvest one would be good too as it's not enough space in that other small tent for them ://

Hydroponic grows, including soil-less drain-to-waste systems are continually flushed during the grow.

It has been found to be advantageous for soil grows to flush with water three times the volume of the pot, two weeks before harvest, and then continue feeding the plants right up to harvest. The flush gets rid of the salts an unused nutrients in the soil, so the plant can uptake the maximum volume of water. This uptake with the nutrients results in a final bud swell, increasing your harvest. This gives you the biggest, hardest, most trichome laden buds possible.

Hydroponic grows, including soil-less drain-to-waste systems are continually flushed during the grow.

It has been found to be advantageous for soil grows to flush with water three times the volume of the pot, two weeks before harvest, and then continue feeding the plants right up to harvest. The flush gets rid of the salts an unused nutrients in the soil, so the plant can uptake the maximum volume of water. This uptake with the nutrients results in a final bud swell, increasing your harvest. This gives you the biggest, hardest, most trichome laden buds possible.

Yeah I know, but I am short in space and time, so I am looking for best possible solution in my situation...

Yeah I know, but I am short in space and time, so I am looking for best possible solution in my situation...

Harvest and wet-trim Sunday - Monday. Put your harvest into paper bags, and store in the refrigerator until your return.

Harvest and wet-trim Sunday - Monday. Put your harvest into paper bags, and store in the refrigerator until your return.

interesting, I always do wet trim, but may I ask why refigenerator? I understand that paper bags sucks all the moisure and so, I was thinking of hanging whole trees in my bathroom and leaving a small fan on for whole those 10 days.

Yours idea very interesting, would like to hear some more please.

Ten days drying in the open air is probably way too long. My drying time is usually a week or less.

The line "Temperatures below 65 degrees F (18 degrees C) aren’t recommended because they dramatically slow the drying and curing process," explains it. There are several articals on this forum detailing the 'low and slow' method of drying and curing cannabis.

Yeah 10 days drying is way too much I agree, I went on vacation for 1 week and my son killed my main plants by Letting it dry out too much and forgetting to water even after calling to remind him... twice... . Your plants look perfect if you want great looking bag appeal. They will be fine to go longer but I would not risk it. Fridge sounds good..

Yeah 10 days drying is way too much I agree, I went on vacation for 1 week and my son killed my main plants by Letting it dry out too much and forgetting to water even after calling to remind him... twice... . Your plants look perfect if you want great looking bag appeal. They will be fine to go longer but I would not risk it. Fridge sounds good..

Thank you people, I put soo much love (and Plagron) to them :D They won't dry out (in the pots) as I'd give them water / nutes, but probably I'll cut at least one, maybe both.

What about hanging them in fridge? What about mould? As no fan in the fridge?

Bad idea to wet trim and hang whole plant in the bathroom with small fan on?

What about freezer dry?

Thanks!

Ten days drying in the open air is probably way too long. My drying time is usually a week or less.

The line "Temperatures below 65 degrees F (18 degrees C) aren’t recommended because they dramatically slow the drying and curing process," explains it. There are several articals on this forum detailing the 'low and slow' method of drying and curing cannabis.

During the winter when the internal temperatures where I grow are 18-23 ° I put them inside a cardboard box important to leave a good space between the branches and remove the large leaves, if the humidity exceeds 65-70% take considering the addition of a fan or fan heater with thermostat.
The first time I did my plants I didn't have much knowledge or patience, so when I reached the end of the flowering I took a couple of branches and dried them in the microwave !! :rolleyes: :peace:

OK. I decided to cut at least one, I am thinking of morning of tuesday as my flight is around 8 in the evening, so I will have whole day to do it’s thing. I am thinking of giving them today last blast of nutes (i water everyday), and then only water until tuesday (this will work as a light flush or at least I hope it to work like that...)

Now another big thing is about drying and curing. I am not sure about fridge method, as I am afraid of mould. Those buds are very dense, and fridge is airtight and sometimes mould gets onto foods etc., I am leaning to cutting whole trees, not seperate them into branches, just trim the whole tree and hang them upside down in my bathroom with small fan on...

I would love the fridge, but what about mould? 10d it can mess up my whole harvest completely???

What do you think about freezer method? Just to freeze my buds for those 10d??

Or any other suggestions / advices? I am a little short in time to invent something, so looking for the best solution. :eek:

Thanks!!

OR maybe if it’s fridge:
Everything into cardboard box (from shoes, or maybe a big one so I could hang branches in it, and 12v cpu fan straight into those branches or under it??
Or maybe into cardboard box without hanging and cpu fan above branches???

What would b the best solution for my problem, what do u people think?

I speak from personal experience, I had mold in my buds, and when you try to crumble them you get powdered, a friend of mine also tasted them and coughed a lot xD, I pass to the
advice

; if you are very worried that they can mold all the leaves, if the buds were ready for the jar and do not leave branches attached to the buds because if there is the trunk or branches continue to give liquids and slow down the drying. I did not understand what you mean with fridge, but do not dry in a completely closed container as you will surely lose your crop. High humidity, cool temperatures and little ventilation with fresh plant matter = mold.Don't give other nuts, they will take the last ones from the leaves still green. :reading420magazine: :peace:

I speak from personal experience, I had mold in my buds, and when you try to crumble them you get powdered, a friend of mine also tasted them and coughed a lot xD, I pass to the
advice

; if you are very worried that they can mold all the leaves, if the buds were ready for the jar and do not leave branches attached to the buds because if there is the trunk or branches continue to give liquids and slow down the drying. I did not understand what you mean with fridge, but do not dry in a completely closed container as you will surely lose your crop. High humidity, cool temperatures and little ventilation with fresh plant matter = mold.Don't give other nuts, they will take the last ones from the leaves still green. :reading420magazine: :peace:

Search low and slow and you will understand what I am speaking about fridge. :D but honestly I am leaning ro my bathroom and hanging my plants. I had mould earlier it ruined my whole ak47 plant as I put them into jars too early.

I am thinking of cutting them tuesday morning and hanging whole trees with branches uncut (for slower drying), humidity is kinda high, it’s UK, but I am able to put a dehumidifier in my bathroom and a small fan to blow under the hanging trees and leave it until I am back. I believe if they overdries I’ll put some lemon into jars and cure for a while...

Or maybe that fridge? I saw on other forum comparison of how bud looks after fridge drying, and it looks amazing, but I won’t be there and I won’t be able to monitor on what’s going on in that fridge, I won’t b able to open it and so, and if mould gets I suspect it will ruin my whole harvest ://

And I am havim some random shit illness I suspect which has been caused by a mouldy stuff. :/ but that’s way another topic. :D

And for me I believe overdries is better than mouldy...

OK. I decided to cut at least one, I am thinking of morning of tuesday as my flight is around 8 in the evening, so I will have whole day to do it’s thing. I am thinking of giving them today last blast of nutes (i water everyday), and then only water until tuesday (this will work as a light flush or at least I hope it to work like that...)

Now another big thing is about drying and curing. I am not sure about fridge method, as I am afraid of mould. Those buds are very dense, and fridge is airtight and sometimes mould gets onto foods etc., I am leaning to cutting whole trees, not seperate them into branches, just trim the whole tree and hang them upside down in my bathroom with small fan on...

I would love the fridge, but what about mould? 10d it can mess up my whole harvest completely???

What do you think about freezer method? Just to freeze my buds for those 10d??

Or any other suggestions / advices? I am a little short in time to invent something, so looking for the best solution. :eek:

Thanks!!

OR maybe if it’s fridge:
Everything into cardboard box (from shoes, or maybe a big one so I could hang branches in it, and 12v cpu fan straight into those branches or under it??
Or maybe into cardboard box without hanging and cpu fan above branches???

What would b the best solution for my problem, what do u people think?

I m a fan of brown paper bags. Always had wonderful results with them. What u can do is place the trimmed buds in different brown paper bags. Close them. Be sure not to compact them too much so that they don't pack up. Place them in a room in your place around 60% if possible. When you come back they will be perfect. 10 days of brown paper bags is what I often get. The only time they dried faster was cause it was small nugs and RH were around 30% in the drying room. Otherwise 10 days sounds perfect for brown paper bags!

Thanks for advice! Maybe shoe boxes would do the job as well? :) should I put a small fan for them too or just paper bags/ boxes?

Maybe pizza boxes would do the job?? Not too tight, not too small? I am able to get them cardboard pizza boxes :)) what do you people think?

Miracles happens and I just received 2nd waterpump.

Now plan is:
Tuesday cut shark infested custard (that yellowish one), yesterday I gave her full blast of nutes, it was plagron sugar royal, green sensation and terra bloom, from today only water, until tuesday. I couldn’t get damn paper bags, but I’ve got yellowish envelopes, outside is shiny, inside is like raw paper, should be fine??
Should I water her before harvest or let her a little to dry??

Tutankhamon (that whitish one) will be receiving full nutes until I leave, then i feed only water to her for 10 days. This should work as a flush and I believe I will be able to harvest when i come back.

Then I have 5 autos and blue dream which grows 12/12. I will give them ~1.4-1.5k ppm of green sensation (light) and bloom nutes.

I can’t get big water tanks cheap, so probably 42l for 10 days for 6 plants should be enough I believe.

Any thoughts? Thanks. :)

You might be able to get the paper bags to line the kitchen compost bucket at the grocery store. The envelopes may be water resistant and not breathe properly.

Water right up to harvest. This will increase bud swell.

You know the needs of your plants better than I do. If 42l is enough for ten days, go for it.

You should be able to pick up HDPE barrels that were used for laundry detergent in most larger communities. Check Kijiji.

Back
Top Bottom