Harvest Question

superbface

I have 1 plant about 30" tall. It got out of hand on me very quickly and there is branches and buds sprawling out everywhere. The ones at the top and outsides look about done. My question is: Can I harvest the ready buds and let the less mature buds continue to flower? A friend of mine told me I should do this, but I think it might stress the plant pretty bad. :thanks:

you would be fine if you did that, cut the top and let the bottoms mature some more. i wouldnt really recommend giving anymore nutes past that point though

Thank you Amor for the advice.

Ms. Fox, I am judging the maturity by looking at the trichomes. I'm going for the 50% cream color and 50% amber colored.
Here is a couple of pictures. I have more lights than what it looks like there, too.
Day_108_4-4.jpg

Photo0482_.jpeg

Thanks

nice looker soperbface......why is there no leaves....can you cut them off when there in flower or did that plant grow like that???......

when you cut the top bud...and wait for the lower buds....it wont stress the plant and it will keep flowering?....thats good to know....just getting ready for my first harvest myself........looking forward to your smoke report.........PEACE

Thanks man.... I had to cut a lot of the leaves off by my own negligence. I had a nitrogen deficiency and it killed those leaves fast. But it seems to be doing well now. Thanks for the advice.:yummy:

id just concentrate the lights more on the areas where the buds are not mature picking them now wouldnt give u anything to smoke for at least 2 weeks anyways cause ud need to cure them

i say leave it esp since u cut all its leaves and do that

do you have a 100x microscope u can look at the lil crystals see if thier all turning amber if they were id pick the done buds but if not id just leave it

im curing myself right now and i cant wait feels like this 2 weeks is 2 months lol

ps right before u harvest let it have a dark period then an hour b4 harvest u can pour flavorings and such into the soil but before u do that starve it for water for a day or two or so that way when u pour the fvalorings apple juice /orange juice what ever it takes it up real nice use a gal or so of what ever let sit for an hour then harvest 1 hr should be fine for it to soak in

i myself neglected to read about that part so im stuck curing orange peel into my buds

def. let it go for at least 2 weeks after you cut it down. my first grow i was smoking it a week after i hung it up. this time i've barely smoked any 3 weeks after and it seems like it smells better everyday.

good luck with the flavor thing. i've heard good things.

Back
Top Bottom