Harvested fresh weed in freezer

Farnheit

Hello,

long time no see, so yesterday I harvested my weed maybe little bit early because it smelled too much and I was scared of people notice. And I even decided to put fresh cutted weed in to my fridge freezer and now Im not sure if that was good idea. I already did that once but it was already dried weed and when I put it out water was nicely iced next to the buds or sticked to them easily removable. But now almost 24hours I tried to grind a little bud from freezer and it was kinda mushy and soaked with water still. And I putted in freezer whole plant a lot of leaves and all stems included. xd

Have you anyone tried this or are doing it? in classic kitched fridge freezer? I think temp should be ok but not sure about putting there whole plant after harvest :D

and I dont do it for some extract purposes I only putted it there with hope of getting rid of most of water inside in form of ice and to not smell it. I use vaporizer for smoking <3 Mighty

If you don't want to smell it, maybe water cure it for a few days then dry as normal?
that will get rid of smell? also I would lose more trich with that method I think?

I just read some more on this forum about drying in fridge/freezer and I think I just need to let it there for more days. That fridge will slowly take off moisture from it. I just read somewhere before that its dried in 24hours so maybe that made me think. But that could have been another device for freezing.

even decided to put fresh cutted weed in to my fridge freezer and now Im not sure if that was good idea. I already did that once but it was already dried weed and when I put it out water was nicely iced next to the buds or sticked to them easily removable.
I do not think that putting fresh buds into the freezer is a good idea at all. Putting it into the fridge side is considered the way to do it. The reason you saw water iced next to the buds or stuck to them is the result of what is called "freezer burn". The water is evaporating real slow and sticking to the plant material is the first sign of freezer burn. Look up freezer burn to get an explanation of what is happening.

now almost 24hours I tried to grind a little bud from freezer and it was kinda mushy and soaked with water still. And I putted in freezer whole plant a lot of leaves and all stems included.
The buds are not properly drying in the freezer if there is that much water on them. The frost melts and keeps the buds wet so it will be really hard to grind them.

I just read some more on this forum about drying in fridge/freezer and I think I just need to let it there for more days.
The link to the thread explaining all the options of drying in the refridgerator will be below. Just click on it and it will load up from the beginning. As far as I can remember it always recommends drying in the fridge side. And, if I remember right from what I have read everywhere, it is best to only put the buds in the freezer after they have been properly dried.
also I would lose more trich with that method I think?
The trichomes are very hard to break off. Putting it into water like some of the group does when they "bud wash" does not break off trichomes. However, if the weed is kept frozen and not allowed to thaw out it can cause some of the trichomes to break off. When they make "ice hash" the buds are sometimes frozen as cold as they can be and then they are placed in a bucket filled with ice cubes. Then it is stirred and mixed. As the ice cubes melt they often will let the trichomes settle to the bottom of the bucket and then carefully pour out some of the water. Then they add more ice cubes and keep stirring to get more trichomes knocked off. It is the ice cubes and the frozen buds that cause the trichomes to fall off.

The link to the info on drying in the fridge and not the freezer......

that will get rid of smell? also I would lose more trich with that method I think?

I just read some more on this forum about drying in fridge/freezer and I think I just need to let it there for more days. That fridge will slowly take off moisture from it. I just read somewhere before that its dried in 24hours so maybe that made me think. But that could have been another device for freezing.
Yes, totally removes smell and flavour but the hit is the same

Isn't smell and flavor everything?! I'm like old school nug connoisseur. Weed without flavor or smell is like no toilet paper in the port o potty at the carnival.
Of course - but there are times when you really don't want the stink of weed following you around, and there is something very satisfying about wandering around town smokin a doobie and nobody can smell it :cool:

Back
Top Bottom