Has anyone tried this dehumidifier or know anyone else who has?

Eugor

Vremi 1 Pint Compact Portable Dehumidifier - for Small Spaces up to 150 sq ft - Reduces Odor and Allergies from Mildew and Mold - Ideal for Bathrooms, Bedrooms, RVs and Closets

It just arrived and I'll be trying it out for my 4x4 tents night cycle of 12 hours. I'll update after to let you guys know how it is. 2019-07-25 07_44_49-Amazon.com - Vremi 1 Pint Compact Portable Dehumidifier - for Small Spaces...png

Very much looking forward to your update report. I have a humidity problem in my 4x4 grow tent that has
really stumped me how to fix. My temp stays a perfect 70-75 degrees with just the circ fans and lights..... Unfortunately my humidity also stays at a constant 70+ and the only way to bring it down is by adding heat... which I don't want to do.
I can't bring the external humidity down because the tent is in a very large humid basement. Need a way to decrease humidity INSIDE the tent only. Thanks in advance for any help!
Slipp

When I was looking for a dehumidifier I had a thread going on it. Looking for help sizing dehumidifier for 8x8' room
Found out a thing or two and the one I got is still working well for me. I suspect the OP’s model will be too small but who knows, it may help a bit.

Hey guys, I've tried it out for a few days now and I think it helps. The problem is not by much. My humidity has stayed in between 40%-50% during the night cycle which is exactly how I want it. But I credit the weather for this more than anything. However when I look in the dehumidifiers water tank it does seem to be sucking some moisture out of the air as it was 3/4 full after a couple night cycles had gone by.

The real test will come during an extremely hot day as that's when it becomes impossible to control my humidity. If only it had arrived one day earlier I could have seen how it performed.

Will update again when the tent really calls for the dehumidifier. I don't think the current weather where I am warrants the need of one atm but I've still got it in there for now.

Eugor ... Thanks for the update... But need to know what the starting RH level was before you installed the Dehumidifier?
I see you are now at 40-50% at lights off... What were you before? Also, what is your RH during lights on with the dehumidifier running?... and what were you before? Thanks!
Slipp

When I was looking for a dehumidifier I had a thread going on it. Looking for help sizing dehumidifier for 8x8' room
Found out a thing or two and the one I got is still working well for me. I suspect the OP’s model will be too small but who knows, it may help a bit.
Weaselcracker: Thanks for the link to your previous post. Looks like you settled on the 30 pint Comfortaire unit? Also, are you placing the dehumidifier inside your tent? Does it generate a lot of heat? I still wonder if the compressorless (Peltier) design dehumidifiers do work inside a tent? Thanks!
Slipp

Weaselcracker: Thanks for the link to your previous post. Looks like you settled on the 30 pint Comfortaire unit? Also, are you placing the dehumidifier inside your tent? Does it generate a lot of heat? I still wonder if the compressorless (Peltier) design dehumidifiers do work inside a tent? Thanks!
Slipp

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. To cool something down something else is going to get hot. How hot depends on system design. Compressor less will do less work which uses less energy which makes less heat. But it still does less work, which means it won't remove as much moisture as a compressor driven unit.

With a small moisture load it may work.

When trying to calculate volume for a tent you have to remember your constantly replacing that air volume with the exhaust fans. It May be 100 ft³ but if it gets replaced 4-8 times throughout the day now your looking at 400-800 ft³ of air volume. A larger unit will do more work more quickly and run less than a smaller unit. Too big and it will short cycle, decreasing electrical component lifespan and reducing the operating efficiency, (it never gets up to full load before it stops.

A psychrometric chart will show how much water is actually in your air at a given temp and relative humidity. This can help make a more informed decision about how much water you need to be able to remove.

Slipp

Heat isn’t an issue for me as I live in a cool climate. Also I only run the dehum during lights out. Inside the tent- yes
It definitely does produce heat, which vents out the side of the unit. If I needed to I’m sure I could rig up a way to attach a venting duct to it and run most of that heat to the outside.
I see no reason the peltier design couldn’t work. You’d need a fairly large unit. They tend to be cheaply made Chinese crap that breaks. But what isn’t these days....

WC: Thanks for the info. My goal is to have an Indoor Tent on "autopilot" with me just checking for accuracy.
High RH is my only problem. Maybe other 420 Mag subscribers have experienced this problem too?????

Eugor ... Thanks for the update... But need to know what the starting RH level was before you installed the Dehumidifier?
I see you are now at 40-50% at lights off... What were you before? Also, what is your RH during lights on with the dehumidifier running?... and what were you before? Thanks!
Slipp

Starting Temp and humidity without dehumidifier

Lights on - 24c / 48%
Lights off - 20c / 60%

Temps and humidity with dehumidifier

Lights on 25c-26c / 45%
Lights off 22c / 52%

Starting Temp and humidity without dehumidifier

Lights on - 24c / 48%
Lights off - 20c / 60%

Temps and humidity with dehumidifier

Lights on 25c-26c / 45%
Lights off 22c / 52%

It doesn't quite keep me in the 40s for humidity like I would like during night but it's good enough considering i have 3 fans in the tent and an exhaust fan sucking air out

My RH does fluctuate depending on how rainy it is here, and I don’t monitor it very closely. I’ve got spots of mould at times but I suspect it was during a more humid phase. My 400 watt dehumidifier can’t quite keep up in an 8x8 room with a monsoon climate in winter. It’s just 95% good enough, along with decent airflow.
My best guess would be that you’re not going to see mould at 65 RH unless your air is stagnant or the buds are vulnerable - large dense buds, a mould-prone strain, or squashed into a corner where air flow is limited, or something screws up and the dehum is unplugged or something- shit happens.

Back
Top Bottom