Has anyone else modified a tent?

TwelveCoffee

Just wondering has anyone modified a grow tent to make it fit in their grow area? I was thinking about getting a 7’ tall one and cutting the poles down to size but what would you do with the extra tent material? That or I’ll just go make the custom tent corners for my broken 4x4 interested in experiences and ideas

Just wondering has anyone modified a grow tent to make it fit in their grow area? I was thinking about getting a 7’ tall one and cutting the poles down to size but what would you do with the extra tent material? That or I’ll just go make the custom tent corners for my broken 4x4 interested in experiences and ideas
Hay there @TwelveCoffee! I have seriously pondered this same question. :passitleft: As I have a Awesome @Mars Hydro 3x3x5foot 9ish. I thought why the heck not totally unzip the bottom of the tent, cutting if necessary. Bare wi me, and then putting the bottom corner poles on a 5 gallon buckets upside down on each corner. Then a make shift a "black out skirt" of sorts to cover the exposed raised bottom.? More height would be achieved. IDK :bong::hookah::peace: Just a random thought

I made my own 2 x 2 x 7 out of PVC pipe and fittings, covered with emergency blanket, for my cacti. It gets the job done but was a bit of work. In retrospect I would buy rather than build where possible. I would need to do a lot more to get the same features todays grow tents offer. That said, here's my DIY

20230531_204415r.jpg

Just wondering has anyone modified a grow tent to make it fit in their grow area?
After spending the time working with making a flowering cabinet out of an existing home-made shelving unit my recommendation is to skip this sort of project. If the 7 foot tent is to tall it will be easier and quicker to buy a 6 foot tent. Or look for one closer to what you want if it will have to fall between the 6 and 7 foot height.

In the current market I would not be surprised if we found out that there were tents that are already at the height you are thinking of.

I tried modifying a bigger tent to a clone tent - I'm pretty handy but in the end, it was a waste of effort
Trying to cut & fold the fabric was a total balls-up trying to keep the zips/vents in place
Summary: I chopped up a 4' x 4' tent then dumped it, then bought the right size instead
Don't bother unless you are seriously pushed mate
Just to rub salt in the wound, I ended up buying another 4' x 4' too :lot-o-toke:

Thanks everyone still looking into it but I think I’m just gonna try to find one that’s under 6’ seen a few 2x2 but might want more space most likely a 3x3 or 2x4 research time!
I'm currently using a 600 x 600 x 1600 [2' x 2' x 5'] BudBox Lite which is good for 4 autos or 1 big photo [smooth zippers]
The height is a problem though, the lamp and hangers take up 12" of that
800 x 800 x 1800 doesn't sound like much more, but it is way more practical so I'm gonna switch back to that tent when I can be arsed; smoking Choccy Chunk is not helping there... :hookah:

Thanks everyone still looking into it but I think I’m just gonna try to find one that’s under 6’ seen a few 2x2 but might want more space most likely a 3x3 or 2x4 research time!
I runa lighthouse hydro thats 2x3x5. Nice little tent.

I have a 4x4 and 5x5 Gorilla Grow tent.
I love it no zipper issues, strong and well built.
They have them on sale now at 50% off.
Great tent at a very good price.

I have a 4x4 and 5x5 Gorilla Grow tent.
I love it no zipper issues, strong and well built.
They have them on sale now at 50% off.
Great tent at a very good price.
I was looking at one but it was $300 CAD I’ll see if I can find one on sale I like the idea of the shorty version with extensions included

There seems to be a general consensus that the average decent sized plant would need 2 ft X 2 ft space. I would figure that a 3X3 is good for one really bushy and wide plant or several smaller ones.

When doing maintenance it is nice to have room to easily be able to reach around the sides of the plant without having to bend it out of the way.

Lot easier than trying to modify a tent. And, often it costs less than trying to build one up for scratch.

You should be on a roll in no time.
Yeah as much as I had the aluminum to make the poles etc if I wanted to do a real scratch build it would probably cost me more if I gave myself a hourly rate etc. stupid thing is the corners of the new tent have the same shitty welds that broke the first time looks like they were having the robot weld to cold

Back
Top Bottom