Hash Making

Re: Roseman's Hash Making

Here's a method that will kick the legs out from under the most experienced smoker. Use the hash under glass method but first put a third of a cigarette on the pin. Light it and let it turn to ash. Then get a big blob of oil on a pin and heating it with a lighter, let it drip onto the ash. Then light it up, blowing out the flame, and suck it back with a straw or other suitable toking device.

Guaranteed to please! Only do this if you have a few hours of leisure time ahead. lol

:peace:

I was stoned out of my mind once, about 12 years ago, and snorted a live house fly off of a mirror! I got a buzz off of it too! LOL

What else was on that mirror? :rofl:

Roseman: 2LBS of grade-A trim. 2 blenders, 2 guys, and 1 screen.
One guy blends up about an 1/2 ounce at a time alternating blenders while the other guy uses a silk screen to rake over a large mirror... Dragging with a credit card or somesuch over the 110 silk screen mesh, results in HUGE piles of amberish light green green keif that has the consistency of brown sugar. I'd make these double pocketed envelopes and weigh out 20 grams at a time into them. Seal them up tightly in the tinfoil.. atleast two layers for a little thermal cushion and set the oven as low as it will go (Mine was 180ish to 200 depending where I made it.. both worked equally well). Make sure the envelopes are all approximately the same size or they won't cook the same all the way through.. pop them in the oven on a pan covered with dry or wet paper towels.. the idea is to buffer the pan.. Wait about 10 minutes, and you'll smell a very delicate weed smell from the oven.. Bust them out one at a time and carefully roll them with a empty beer bottle, but don't bust the foil. Some will curl up, it's okay just flip them over and roll it the other way, with less pressure. Repeat both sides a few times and pop it into the freezer.. Now repeat for each packet.. you don't want them to cool off before you roll them. Wait about another 10 minutes and you have a very nice slow burnin brick that will space your face. I found that the very cerebral weed's trim I was using was amplified ALOT.. to the point is was nearly uncomfortable. I'm sure the same would apply if it was couchlock weed, but I never used any of it to make this. Also.. One time, I had a 1/2oz mold on me, so I hashed the whole bag out into so WONDERFUL very very light green keif that literally you could smoke 1/20th of a gram and get a great buzz for two or three hours.

On this particular trim I was getting about 1/10th the weight back from this method, and every leaf showed trychs.. where as the very dense trych bud was more like 1/5th.

Both were surprisingly potent.

Buzz from a house fly! I get it!

Wow SciFi, assembly line production taken to our product! Well done!

How many of you learned these techniques while in school? Necessity is a mother and then we get creative with the available resources. LOL!

Roseman: 2LBS of grade-A trim. 2 blenders, 2 guys, and 1 screen.
One guy blends up about an 1/2 ounce at a time alternating blenders while the other guy uses a silk screen to rake over a large mirror... Dragging with a credit card or somesuch over the 110 silk screen mesh, results in HUGE piles of amberish light green green keif that has the consistency of brown sugar. I'd make these double pocketed envelopes and weigh out 20 grams at a time into them. Seal them up tightly in the tinfoil.. atleast two layers for a little thermal cushion and set the oven as low as it will go (Mine was 180ish to 200 depending where I made it.. both worked equally well). Make sure the envelopes are all approximately the same size or they won't cook the same all the way through.. pop them in the oven on a pan covered with dry or wet paper towels.. the idea is to buffer the pan.. Wait about 10 minutes, and you'll smell a very delicate weed smell from the oven.. Bust them out one at a time and carefully roll them with a empty beer bottle, but don't bust the foil. Some will curl up, it's okay just flip them over and roll it the other way, with less pressure. Repeat both sides a few times and pop it into the freezer.. Now repeat for each packet.. you don't want them to cool off before you roll them. Wait about another 10 minutes and you have a very nice slow burnin brick that will space your face. I found that the very cerebral weed's trim I was using was amplified ALOT.. to the point is was nearly uncomfortable. I'm sure the same would apply if it was couchlock weed, but I never used any of it to make this. Also.. One time, I had a 1/2oz mold on me, so I hashed the whole bag out into so WONDERFUL very very light green keif that literally you could smoke 1/20th of a gram and get a great buzz for two or three hours.

On this particular trim I was getting about 1/10th the weight back from this method, and every leaf showed trychs.. where as the very dense trych bud was more like 1/5th.

Both were surprisingly potent.

+ REP, great Post! Great information!

Thanks man! Means a lot coming from you. :)

Maybe if I can get these ladies to stop dying on me, I'll post some pics making it. A friend of mine was telling me there's a way to do an extrusion process with green bricks like this, and a touch of water that'll make it look like the black hand tar hash, but I don't see how it's worth the trouble. As long as you brick it solidly, it burns really slow, and does the same job.. And you can always re-brick it if worse comes to worse.
One bit of warning thou, with the tinfoil, sometimes bits of will stick to the tinfoil.

Thanks man! Means a lot coming from you. :)

Maybe if I can get these ladies to stop dying on me, I'll post some pics making it. A friend of mine was telling me there's a way to do an extrusion process with green bricks like this, and a touch of water that'll make it look like the black hand tar hash, but I don't see how it's worth the trouble. As long as you brick it solidly, it burns really slow, and does the same job.. And you can always re-brick it if worse comes to worse.
One bit of warning thou, with the tinfoil, sometimes bits of will stick to the tinfoil.

I hope I can get your vote in the Member of the Month Contest. Voting starts February 1st.

Awesome thread. Been making kief hash about a year - after twenty plus years of doing it wrong and just smoking the kief. And I recently had my first success with my homemade bubble bags. I started smoking in Europe and found there was hash everywhere, but pot was hard to find. In the states it was the opposite. This is a fantastic thread for anyone interested in hash.

Also, I love the flannel PJs. I'm sitting here in mine.

BTW for anyone new - any type of hash benefits from being pressed - whether you extract the tris from screen, or water - press them!

After having fought with the clay extruders for a cheap press - I don't think I can recommend them. Unless you do as someone suggested and take the ends off and use something else to really press it. But then you might as well wrap in cigarette pack like this and use whatever the other thing is anyways. I like your method with the bottle and bench vise. I have also been looking lately online, and for about $15 more than a clay extruder, you can get a half-ton bench press. And for another $20 you can get a 2.5 ton. I'm thinking I will get one this harvest - I'll certainly post pics if I do.

Thanks again!

not that you need the reps but +Reps and 5 stars anyways!

Hey all Roseman wanted me to come over and post my latest DIY.

12x16 Shadow Box frame
Bubble2_609.jpg

110 micron premounted silk screen

Bubble2_607.jpg

I removed the back of the frame, but keep it for later usage.
Bubble2_598.jpg

Screen area fits perfectly above frame opening!
Bubble2_604.jpg

Silk screen $20
Shadow box frame $15

TOTAL for DIY Kief box $35

The frame and screen are very well built. I think this setup is a bargain for the price and ZERO setup. So results...............????:ganjamon:

As you can see here I took just a small amount to test it out.
Bubble2_616.jpg

In the earlier post I said keep the felt backing, that is because I put that under the glass in order to see the collection of trichs better. After working the material for about ten minutes I had this!
Bubble2_599.jpg

Not bad for about 5-6 grams of scrap, I can't wait to do the rest!!
Bubble2_608.jpg

So now, instead of blazing this little bit of kief into a single lung busting hit, I decided to experiment with a press. Luckily while at the arts and crafts store I found this:

Clay press $10

Bubble2_601.jpg

Bubble2_610.jpg

So I loaded the kief into the press and pressed away. This is my end result:
Bubble2_613.jpg

Awesome thread. Been making kief hash about a year - after twenty plus years of doing it wrong and just smoking the kief. And I recently had my first success with my homemade bubble bags. I started smoking in Europe and found there was hash everywhere, but pot was hard to find. In the states it was the opposite. This is a fantastic thread for anyone interested in hash.

BTW for anyone new - any type of hash benefits from being pressed - whether you extract the tris from screen, or water - press them!

After having fought with the clay extruders for a cheap press - I don't think I can recommend them. Unless you do as someone suggested and take the ends off and use something else to really press it. But then you might as well wrap in cigarette pack like this and use whatever the other thing is anyways. I like your method with the bottle and bench vise. I have also been looking lately online, and for about $15 more than a clay extruder, you can get a half-ton bench press. And for another $20 you can get a 2.5 ton. I'm thinking I will get one this harvest - I'll certainly post pics if I do.

Thanks again!

Very nice info Papa green! The clay extruder I have works well, but it is definitely not a "hard" press. However it is quick and easy and produces a hard enough press to enjoy a nice slow smoke. :peace:

Very nice info Papa green! The clay extruder I have works well, but it is definitely not a "hard" press. However it is quick and easy and produces a hard enough press to enjoy a nice slow smoke. :peace:

I'm thrilled to be able to ask someone in the know. My understanding is that the press needs to break those tris. That the pressure and the heat change the resin at its molecular level. Are you pressing just for convenience with the extruder, or is that enough to achieve the desired effect. Cause if its enough - then they certainly are much easier than other things.

I'm thrilled to be able to ask someone in the know. My understanding is that the press needs to break those tris. That the pressure and the heat change the resin at its molecular level. Are you pressing just for convenience with the extruder, or is that enough to achieve the desired effect. Cause if its enough - then they certainly are much easier than other things.

Tommorow I am doing the rest of my trim and I will do a side by side comparison. I will use the press for some and do some the old fashioned way. I can tell you that the extruder pressed burns slow and is very potent!!

Thanks again!

Thank you Papa Green, that's good info and a great contribution to our thread here.

Back
Top Bottom