Heat help!

cherub21a

420 Member
Hello from Kelowna BC.
We have had a major heat wave here last week with daytime temps hitting 120. My greenhouse turned into an oven!
The first one has been moved into the shade as about 30% of the plant burned in a few hours. The second has been turning yellow. PH is balanced feeding General Hydroponics Flora series. Did take them off food for a few days but resumed yesterday with half a feed. Any chance they will recover they are currently 12 weeks old!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That is so sad, it is a crap shoot on survival. I would do just what you have done, put them in the shade and hope for the best. You may want to trim out some of the burn but, I would not do that until they well into recovery.

Try and keep the soil cooler too along with what else was mentioned.

Maybe drape a wet towel over the pots and get a box fan running.

I've got 2 plants outside that are pretty bad worse than yours from high heat. Mine are in the ground. I'm doing nothing. They live or they die. We got some cooler weather now finally. I haven't checked them today.

Hello from Kelowna BC.
We have had a major heat wave here last week with daytime temps hitting 120. My greenhouse turned into an oven!
The first one has been moved into the shade as about 30% of the plant burned in a few hours. The second has been turning yellow. PH is balanced feeding General Hydroponics Flora series. Did take them off food for a few days but resumed yesterday with half a feed. Any chance they will recover they are currently 12 weeks old!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Hello @cherub21a hope you are having a good day.
Sorry to hear your having problems.
One suggestion if no one has mentioned it to you.
I use potassium silicate every week or so on my girls.
It strengthens cell walls and makes them resistant to adverse temps,among other things.
It'll help them weather the heat much better.
Great looking girls BTW.
Nice work my friend.
Bill

Hello from Kelowna BC.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
High Cherub21a:
I'm wesncool and am going through a heat wave myself. Try watering them in the late evening and if possible get some liquid Kelly and follow the instructions. Cannabis is pretty resilient. The main thing is to get the root ball cool.
Hope this helps.
Regards.....wesncool

Back
Top Bottom