Heat issue in the summer - will A/C unit good or bad? + few other question.

breakupp

Hi, Where I live, I have a huge heat issue in the summer, especially in my apartment (i live in a high floor), its super hot and humid. So LED + Gorilla tent 3x4 (with 4plants) in my room is my only solution. I did many research on LED, and haven't decide yet which to choice, but my current question is...

1) If I install a A/C unit by the living room and use fan to push air into my room? or can I install an A/C unit inside my room directly or will this type of air can damage your plants? Anyone who also live in a very HOT environment as well, and how did you mange it?
2) can i do without the AC?
3) if you did a successful small grow with LED lights (talking about 4-8 plants etc) which LED grow lights are you using? or recommend?

THANKS in advance :)

Re: Heat issue in the summer.. will A/C unit good or bad? + few other question.

Hey Breakup,

I haven't dealt with heat yet myself, but I do know several growers use AC in their grow rooms. Depending on the size and shape of the apartment, running the AC in the living room might work. It really depends on if running it out there cools your room as well.

I run a TOPLed Mars II 1200w and it puts off about the same heat as my 48" 8 bulb T5 did. And it puts off WAY more light.

I started my first journal with T5 and ended with the LED, my second grow started again with T5 but only for the first couple weeks, then it's been LED since, and the girls love it. I have a few seeds I am waiting to pop out of the dirt who will be LED start to finish. Links are in my signature to my grows feel free to check them out and I'll try to help anyway I can.

Good luck with the heat!

Welcome to :420: It's an awesome place to grow and learn :)

Back
Top Bottom