Heat problem?

Taylored

Hi to all 420
I am having some real big problems in the last 4 grows I am running two 600w HP lights and growing in coco I feed every day there are no signs on the leaves of any problems but the buds are growing Airy and not tight at all and look like the center of the bud keeps stretching I can not work it out we have been having some hot day's lately temperatures have been hot high 20c low 30c and humidity is around 40%-50% but I have been cloning form clones after clones for the last two years so I don't know if that is playing a part the hole plant is doing it not just the tops they are 4 weeks into flower just wondering if they have seeds on them in the photos please help

received_1205770743215790.jpeg

received_2890138337908764.jpeg

received_4174156685950643.jpeg

Wait when you say 'clones of clones of clones' do you mean You started with Clone A...grew it out...took and rooted a cutting making Clone B. You vegged out Clone B, took and rooted a cutting making Clone C?

Or is there a mother plant in the picture somewhere?

Also what strain and what nutes? pH? Days since flower began?

Hi to all 420
I am having some real big problems in the last 4 grows I am running two 600w HP lights and growing in coco I feed every day there are no signs on the leaves of any problems but the buds are growing Airy and not tight at all and look like the center of the bud keeps stretching I can not work it out we have been having some hot day's lately temperatures have been hot high 20c low 30c and humidity is around 40%-50% but I have been cloning form clones after clones for the last two years so I don't know if that is playing a part the hole plant is doing it not just the tops they are 4 weeks into flower just wondering if they have seeds on them in the photos please help

received_1205770743215790.jpeg

received_2890138337908764.jpeg

received_4174156685950643.jpeg
Cute lady my friend.
Single leaves occur when revegging. Check lights,tent, and timers.looks like balls everywhere but they have wispy hairs so female,or pos herm.
Get a led light or an ac unit, you will never grow tight buds at those temps.
Bill

Wait when you say 'clones of clones of clones' do you mean You started with Clone A...grew it out...took and rooted a cutting making Clone B. You vegged out Clone B, took and rooted a cutting making Clone C?

That is how I do it and consider it to be a clone off a clone off a clone. Each one is the mother to the following generation.

All in all, the plants look like they are trying their best to grow some flowers and buds for you.

I have had strange things happen to some of my plants over the winter even though the room cools off but does not get very cold during the day or night and the lights are on for 15 hours. But like that. Interesting problem--maybe not interesting to you but it is a puzzle in need of solving.
I have no idea what is going on but more info and pictures in normal light would probably help tell us if there is something wrong with some of those leaves. 30 Celsius is hot but I have had the temperatures in my previous flowering cabinet get that high in the summer without any problem that looked like what is in the photo.

I take cuttings and grow clones and take cuttings for the next generation. Have not experienced anything like what you have there but maybe something happened to the hormone levels and each clone passes on the problem. Maybe.

the hole plant is doing it not just the tops they are 4 weeks into flower just wondering if they have seeds on them in the photos please help
You mention that the whole plant is doing it and that they are 4 weeks into flower. If they are 4 weeks of flowering and have already lost all the 3 or 5 blade leaves and yet are continuing to form buds with fresh pistils something is very off.

Some of the others are saying to look for light leaks or check the timers. If there is a light problem then most likely the timers are not turning off or coming back on when they should. Or maybe the timers are turning the lights back on for several hours in the middle of the dark period.

Maybe some photos in white light will let us see if those are male flowers starting to form or if they are just swollen calyxes. Pinch one or two off and squeeze them to see if there are seeds in them. Occasionally I see swollen calyxes on my plants starting to form at about 8-9 weeks after the pistils show but they are empty....no seed inside.

Get back to us and let us know if anything is changing.

Also what strain and what nutes? pH? Days since flower began?
Clone C then clone D and so on no mother I did not realize. PH in flower around 6 nutes are Cx, 35 day since flower started

Each time you pull a clone, it's the same age as its parent. If you clone at 4 weeks from A...your clone (B) is at a cellular age of 4 weeks old. If you then take a clone from B one it reaches 4 weeks from rooting, making clone C...clone C is 8 weeks old.

Chromosomes have these little shoe-lace end looking things on them called telomeres. They do what the ends on laces do: keep your stuff from unraveling. The degradation and loss of these is a major factor in aging.

Each clone starts off with the same telomere integrity as the parent. As cellular age of clone is increased, all the hidden genes for disease can get loosened/uncoiled and thus read as active. There's also issues with making new molecules to build new cells and stuff.

My experience is only in non-plant cloning so I may be babbling about nothing useful but from what I understand of animals cloning clones from clones will lead to weakness and susceptibility to disease.

Ope! A quick google.edu search resulted in finding this:

We found that telomere length is negatively correlated with flowering time variation not only in A. thaliana, but also in maize and rice, indicating a link between life history traits and chromosome integrity.

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to scholarly articles but I can send anyone who wants it the link.

Anyhoo...you might be seeing some extra issues due to being so far down the clone line.

Yes normal leaves that's why I thought everything was going to be fine. The last 3 grows had single leaves on the bud sights
Single leaves in flower is normal. But when cloning clones repeatedly you have to always watch that they are growing normal leaves (5-11 blades or whatever the normal number is for the strain) in veg before flowering. Sometimes they get confused without you noticing. Never flower out a veg plant that doesn’t have its full complement of leaf blades, IME. Sounds from what you say like they were growing normally though.

I’ve cloned and recloned plants for years with no issues. One I have going is over six years old now.
Pretty sure that, like me, its genetically identical to the day it was born. But like me it’s got way more scar tissues and health issues it has picked up over the years so it doesn’t have as much vigor. The bud is pretty much the same though. DNA is very very good at staying true. Mutations on a genetic level are extremely rare. Know anyone who’s mutated?

I’d focus on light cycle issues first. I suppose it could be the heat making them bolt if you’ve got temperature control issues (?) but I’ve never had that happen FWIW.

By the way Copper I’m not really trying to pop up and disagree with what you’re saying at all. It’s always tricky....

What you’re saying happens to be a very interesting subject to me too. I just doubt that it’s really the cause of the OP’s stretchy plant growth problem right now.

Each time you pull a clone, it's the same age as its parent. If you clone at 4 weeks from A...your clone (B) is at a cellular age of 4 weeks old. If you then take a clone from B one it reaches 4 weeks from rooting, making clone C...clone C is 8 weeks old.

Chromosomes have these little shoe-lace end looking things on them called telomeres. They do what the ends on laces do: keep your stuff from unraveling. The degradation and loss of these is a major factor in aging.

Each clone starts off with the same telomere integrity as the parent. As cellular age of clone is increased, all the hidden genes for disease can get loosened/uncoiled and thus read as active. There's also issues with making new molecules to build new cells and stuff.

My experience is only in non-plant cloning so I may be babbling about nothing useful but from what I understand of animals cloning clones from clones will lead to weakness and susceptibility to disease.

Ope! A quick google.edu search resulted in finding this:

We found that telomere length is negatively correlated with flowering time variation not only in A. thaliana, but also in maize and rice, indicating a link between life history traits and chromosome integrity.

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to scholarly articles but I can send anyone who wants it the link.

Anyhoo...you might be seeing some extra issues due to being so far down the clone line.
Omg thank you

By the way Copper I’m not really trying to pop up and disagree with what you’re saying at all. It’s always tricky....

What you’re saying happens to be a very interesting subject to me too. I just doubt that it’s really the cause of the OP’s stretchy plant growth problem right now.
Nope nope...discuss and tag me! I've only messed with non-plant cloning in a college setting and cannabis is a weird gendered plant that behaves incredibly strangely compared to bacteria or hunk of flesh. Plants are weird as hell compared to 'animals'.

Back
Top Bottom