Hello 420 I'm Woody from Minnesota

I haven’t spent much time in Michigan. Did some Salmon fishing in the south border with Indiana. Chicago on the other hand I have. My fathers side of the family is from Chicago. I understand what you mean. Also went to boot camp in Great Lakes
Chicago is a beautiful City it just really sucks in the winter 🥶 but there’s no place I’d rather be in the summer. Especially for the Fourth of July 🇺🇸. So you’re a Navy man? Thanks for your service. CL.🍀 :thumb: :thanks:

4 years in the Navy. I drove a desk at Pearl Harbor. I read in another post where you mentioned the blizzard of 79. I too was in that storm. I remember my father driving down the road. When we would hit a cross street the wind blew us into the other lane.
I think 🤔 some people just don’t understand how bad that thing really was. I truly believe if it had been a hour longer exposure time I would’ve died ☠️. But there was nothing else I could do but keep walking backwards in it because of that wind and there wasn’t anyone coming to save my stupid ass. CL🍀

4 years in the Navy. I drove a desk at Pearl Harbor. I read in another post where you mentioned the blizzard of 79. I too was in that storm. I remember my father driving down the road. When we would hit a cross street the wind blew us into the other lane.
I was in that 79' storm too, US 131 Was closed for 3 days and my back was killing me from snow shoveling I was just a wee lad then 12y/o

I was in that 79' storm too, US 131 Was closed for 3 days and my back was killing me from snow shoveling I was just a wee lad then 12y/o
Do you remember how cold 🥶 it was? The salt that they used to melt it wouldn’t melt it cause of the extreme cold temperatures. They were dumping it into Lake Michigan. -60s windchills and stupid me dressed for Winter in Ga. stuck in it a mile and a half from home 🏡. CL🍀

My dad was stuck in Muskegon for work for 3 days out by lk Michigan drifting galore out there I was the man of the house so we had to do what we had to do it was better than having the roof collapse or when the plows came through it would have been a REAL NIGHTMARE! You know I haven't seen any ice coverage on lk Michigan like when I was a kid we could walk a little ways out on the frozen waves but now we are lucky to have any ice coverage it's NOT GOOD!

I do remember!! I was shoveling roofs off as well as drive way and storm gutters it was almost past my waist up on the roof and I had a hard time keeping my face and ear's warm I got a touch of hypothermia lost my Moto dexterity skills and had a hard time talking like my face was swollen
I was 15 maybe 🤔? Anyways I’ll never forget it because I was screaming in pain. But I couldn’t go to the E.R. how would I get there? You couldn’t drive and there wasn’t gonna be any ambulance coming! CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom