Hello 420 I'm Woody from Minnesota

iwant2fish

I am very excited about the new laws coming August, 1st. I thought I would drop and say hi! I have a micro grow under my belt. Thought it was many years ago. I chose to go hydro. I had a 400w HPS, changed bulb for flower. the seed of choice was DP Blueberry. Learned a lot from it, sorry no pics. Now it’s time to prepare for an organic legal indoor/outdoor home grow with LED. I have so many questions that i came here to find answers.

I am very excited about the new laws coming August, 1st. I thought I would drop and say hi! I have a micro grow under my belt. Thought it was many years ago. I chose to go hydro. I had a 400w HPS, changed bulb for flower. the seed of choice was DP Blueberry. Learned a lot from it, sorry no pics. Now it’s time to prepare for an organic legal indoor/outdoor home grow with LED. I have so many questions that i came here to find answers.
Welcome to 420mag Mr fisherman :welcome: congrats on the new laws mate looks like you about to start a fun new hobby that's greatly rewarding!

What's your plans for growing have you any equipment already? Or a dedicated growing space ready?

Looking forward to growing with you ✌🏽

Welcome to 420 Magazine @iwant2fish

Do you have all the equipment need for DWC?
Have you did any research of Hydro grows?

I grow DWC so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Welcome to 420mag Mr fisherman :welcome: congrats on the new laws mate looks like you about to start a fun new hobby that's greatly rewarding!

What's your plans for growing have you any equipment already? Or a dedicated growing space ready?

Looking forward to growing with you ✌🏽
I still have my old cabinet I could use in a pinch. I have been looking at tent kits and believe that is a better choice. Entire kit for around $600 seems to tempting. I have not decided on which as I am still researching. Advice is more than welcome.

Welcome iwant2fish! It's so nice to see you get legal! So indoors for a while then out? What's the plan?
I think I will use outdoors for one or two plants. mainly to experiment or increase my variety of strains. with an 8 plant max with only 4 being in the same flower cycle, the indoors will be the main op. I want to try super soil with LED and in a grow tent. Still honing in on which tent to get. Leaning heavily towards a complete kit. I have found a cali company for some soil for first grow. Then I will make my own using subcools super soil after. I am also still trying to decide my first strains. I am thinking Super Lemon Haze and OG Kush from greenhouse seeds. However Jack Herrer, Super Silver Haze, Blue Dream, GSC, Acapulco Gold and Maui Wowie are on the list. Hard to decide. looking for smoothness less harshness

Welcome to 420 Magazine @iwant2fish

Do you have all the equipment need for DWC?
Have you did any research of Hydro grows?

I grow DWC so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..
I have not tried DWC. My first run was a bubbler set up. I am going to try soil. I want to see if there is a difference in taste and harshness over hydro. Do you know if there is a difference?

I think I will use outdoors for one or two plants. mainly to experiment or increase my variety of strains. with an 8 plant max with only 4 being in the same flower cycle, the indoors will be the main op. I want to try super soil with LED and in a grow tent. Still honing in on which tent to get. Leaning heavily towards a complete kit. I have found a cali company for some soil for first grow. Then I will make my own using subcools super soil after. I am also still trying to decide my first strains. I am thinking Super Lemon Haze and OG Kush from greenhouse seeds. However Jack Herrer, Super Silver Haze, Blue Dream, GSC, Acapulco Gold and Maui Wowie are on the list. Hard to decide
Sounds good! And fun! When you go LED check them all out. Check out their light footprints and how evenly they spread out the light to all parts of the footprint. Also the amount of light. It matters!

I grow in LOS. You're going to love working with Subcool's recipe! I use The Rev's from True Living Organics. A little different makeup for the same result. Do you get to grow outdoors through October?

Hi @iwant2fish and welcome back to the hobby, this time legally! That was such a game changer here for me in Missouri, as we went legal about 3 years ago. There is still a stigma, so bad that I am having problems finding a venue that will allow me to have a growers lecture, but folks around here are slowly starting to accept that we are a medical state. At least there isn't that nagging legality thing gnawing at me anymore.

In the last 5 years, many things have changed for the good in the growing world. I am glad to see that you are planning on going with subcool, since that is how I started when I went organic. Today however, you can easily buy pre made and pre cooked supersoils at your local grow shop. They tend to be a little lighter than a subcool mix, but they are still mineralized soils that work well if you use them in your entire container, not just the bottom third like we used to do.

Gone also are the days of having to brew your own teas. You can skip the whole thing by using RealGrower's Recharge, which is essentially freeze dried microbes. Presto, instant microbe tea... it is a brave new world.

My favorite new product is @GeoFlora Nutrients. With this amazing stuff you can turn coco into an actual organic grow, having microbes feeding the plants. Every two weeks a simple top dressing of this stuff brings in all the raw nutrient and a fresh set of microbes, every time you water. Pair it with a supersoil and you are golden. Organic got ridiculously easy suddenly, and with the quality of grows that come out of organic gardens, I have never looked back.

Lighting is the other thing that has changed so much recently... LEDs are amazing, but there is a little bit of a learning curve. You are considering getting the tent package, with everything you need, and I highly recommend going that route. Tents solve a lot of problems and give you a very good hold on the environment, bugs, and great reflection for your light. If I could run a tent, I would, but in my little half attic operation, I can't... not enough vertical space.

I still have my old cabinet I could use in a pinch. I have been looking at tent kits and believe that is a better choice. Entire kit for around $600 seems to tempting. I have not decided on which as I am still researching. Advice is more than welcome.
Sounds great, as you have been advised our sponsors do great discounts and great grow kits for members so worth giving them a shout otherwise feel free to post what your looking at if your unsure 👍🏽

Sounds good! And fun! When you go LED check them all out. Check out their light footprints and how evenly they spread out the light to all parts of the footprint. Also the amount of light. It matters!

I grow in LOS. You're going to love working with Subcool's recipe! I use The Rev's from True Living Organics. A little different makeup for the same result. Do you get to grow outdoors through October?
I will now have to take a look at The Rev’s from True Living Organics. Starting my first grow outdoors on August 1st worries me, even with auto flowers. I don’t know if it’s enough time. I know I am in zone 4b, just North of the Twin Cities.

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome::ciao::high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

@CaptainLucky that was just an oversight on my part.
I know @VIVOSUN has reputable products, I have many of them.

I was mainly just trying to get him to checkout our sponsors for his purchase.

Tok..
I didn’t think you were trying to persuade any one company I just thought he might like to see Vivosuns package. They’re all very good light companies. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom