Hello from a newbie

Debra57

Hi there everyone. I'm new here and I've so much to learn. Let's begin with a little about me. I have severe fibromyalgia, I was diagnosed back in 1972. So I've been struggling and battling with this for many years now. I have been on many pharmaceutical medications over the years without much success. I've experienced many nasty side effects and allergic reactions as well.

Currently I am not on anything, my pain levels are very high and I'm not sleeping. All part of the fibro. I recently seen my family physician, and went thru all that we have tried without much success. I purposed to him that I would like to try medical marijuana, in order to ease my pain and hopefully help with my sleep. So was he on board with me doing this. I received a yes that I could go on it, BUT he will not prescribe it to me.
Really!? So how the heck am I to get this medical marijuana, if he refuses to prescribe to me?
I'm really at a loss here and feel as if I'm hitting a brick wall. I'm so frustrated with the medical system! Any advice for me? What are my options?

AND
Do any of you know of pot friendly doctors in the Red Deer, Alberta area?

Thank you, Debra

Hello Debra57. :welcome: to :420: the number one site dedicated to raising cannabis awareness and ending prohibition.

I have a friend who has also had fibromyalgia for decades and he finds cannabis to be helpful. There is a relatively new service which allows Canadians to consult with a MMJ physician here MMJ Consultation

If that doesn't pan out then I suggest looking at our MMJ links and also posting in the FAQ section. Here are both those links plus some others that will assist you in navigating the site. :thanks: for introducing yourself. :Namaste:

New Member Start Links

FAQs

Medical Marijuana

Thank you for your speedy reply. Yes I'm aware of the link you gave me. But unfortunately their fee is rather high for me. I'm on a fixed income. Which is probably going to make it harder. I hope not.

Thank you Colorado Kid. Here's a new question for you. How shall I say this. Ok Ive never been a smoker, and I really would rather not begin. So I think trying to smoke a joint OR even thru a vaporizer is just not up my alley.
So what if I simmered pot in a oil or butter base, and got a nice strong brew. Then just kept it in a glass bottle in fridge. When I needed a dose, perhaps I could put said amount on a piece of bread/bun then eat it.
Any pros or cons on this method, any guidance would be much appreciated.
Thank you, Debra57

I used to make a little butter that way, but didn't do much for me. But if it's something you're serious about they make magic budder machines that do it properly. Sorry to hear about your plight, hope things start looking up your way.

This thought came to me tonight, after I had eaten a brownie a friend gave to me. No high was had, just a mellow feeling in my body AND no pain! Which is my intention after all, to ease/ eliminate my pain.
Thank you, Debra57

Thank you Colorado Kid. Here's a new question for you. How shall I say this. Ok Ive never been a smoker, and I really would rather not begin. So I think trying to smoke a joint OR even thru a vaporizer is just not up my alley.
So what if I simmered pot in a oil or butter base, and got a nice strong brew. Then just kept it in a glass bottle in fridge. When I needed a dose, perhaps I could put said amount on a piece of bread/bun then eat it.
Any pros or cons on this method, any guidance would be much appreciated.
Thank you, Debra57

I think that is a very good idea. I prefer edibles to smoking. Which is not to say that I do not smoke. I do, but not a lot. I eat cannabis every day. It give a much longer pain relief (6 - 8 hours) than smoking (which is 1 -3 hours). Also it is much less head buzz. I hope that your day is going well. :circle-of-love:

:welcome: Debra57 :high-five: try this purple kush :passitleft: you chose the best site to learn, share and most importantly (to me),

laugh while sharing & learning from my 420 friends.

Feel free to drop by my indoor/outdoor journal aka "my yard" and say hello, ask anything you'd like, see a cool plant & hopefully,

share something with us, or share a comment. You will get a warm 420 welcome and I'm always happy to have a new visitor or

participator. The link is below, take a peek at "Fluxy Lady in full restraint", browse around, you'll see some

unique pics and informative shares, from new first time growers to some veteran, experienced growers, from all over the world.

This grow style you can see thru the link below, has produced many award winning plants here at 420.

Enjoy the 420 family we have here, you'll find no better site!:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom