Hello to all 420 crew

photonmagic

420 Member
my name is tony and im from puerto rico, i have grown a few outdoor plants with unknown genetics however it is time for me to go indoors, i have joined you guys so i can hopefully make some friends and share my progress with you all and continue on my learning adventure =D feel free to comment/help on any of my future posts

regards

:welcome: to :420: Tony. You will find tons of great people here. And as far as i see it we are all on a learning expedition here. I am sure you have some great knowledge to share from you previous grows.

But more importantly have you gotten any equipment yet because in my signature you will find a link to sponsors with great deals for members.

Plus there is a link for new members in the signature inside you will find help to get started on a grow journal so we can get growing.

Welcome and happy growing

first of all thank you all for the warm welcome! im happy to be here!
:welcome: to :420: Tony. You will find tons of great people here. And as far as i see it we are all on a learning expedition here. I am sure you have some great knowledge to share from you previous grows.

But more importantly have you gotten any equipment yet because in my signature you will find a link to sponsors with great deals for members.

Plus there is a link for new members in the signature inside you will find help to get started on a grow journal so we can get growing.

Welcome and happy growing

i have not yet started to get supplies, currectly, im trying to save the cash for a tent, light and carbon filter(will probably try to make it myself) and just learn as much as i can before actually committing .. its going to be some time till im actually able to go on the shopping spree, as many of you may know Hurricane Maria hit my island pretty hard and my personal recovery effort has been quite tough.. it is actually the reason why i want to begin farming, hopefully itll allow me to stop buying the low quality stuff there is around(i havent been able to make my eyes red in more than 6months!) while at the same time have a little to sell and help myself and my mother(shes 72)with the recovery. my home has roof damage and some other structural problems that im hoping to get fixed soon so im pretty much battling a couple of things at once, hence why i really want to learn everything i can since i cant really afford major mistakes on the first go. no worries tho i will keep you guys posted and happy 420ing :bong:

Understandable Tony, I am also running low budget. May I suggest if tent outta price range try getting a roll of mylar and make a tent.

Or better yet check out this journal budet $150

Carcass $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Understandable Tony, I am also running low budget. May I suggest if tent outta price range try getting a roll of mylar and make a tent.

Or better yet check out this journal budet $150

Carcass $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

that looks really good man but i hve a question, will i be able to scrubb the air just the same with the carbon filter, because id like it as sealth as possible since i cannot trust nosy neighbors, :confused: the space i have to deal with is 48x24x70 (closed closet doors measurement) i dont mind the looks at all as long as it works properly so that idea is quite attractive for my situation

As I live in Canada and it is legal here. I pump all the smell just outside. And I have no experience with carbon filters, but someone will see this and lend a hand. But they do work people grow in apartments all the time no smell.

Welcome Photonmagic. Those carbon filters work excellent I must say. I have one and all the air is dumped back into my house and there is no odor. When I tell people I have a crop in the basement they don't believe me until I show them. If growing low key is what you are looking for then you should consider purchasing a quality filter. They are fairly affordable.
Happy growing! :ganjamon:

Welcome to the party Tony! Enjoy!

:welcome:

that looks really good man but i hve a question, will i be able to scrubb the air just the same with the carbon filter, because id like it as sealth as possible since i cannot trust nosy neighbors, :confused: the space i have to deal with is 48x24x70 (closed closet doors measurement) i dont mind the looks at all as long as it works properly so that idea is quite attractive for my situation

Hey Tony. Yes, if you get a decent carbon filter that is matched to your exhaust (the filter can handle the cfm your exhaust pushes out), then it should be perfectly odorless. I live next door to an officer of the law, and she had no idea I was growing until I showed her (after it became legal). Now a days, I use the filter to clean the air, so I can recirculate it back into the room. I do this during the winter, as it gets uber cold here. The recirculated heat from the tents cuts down on heat in the grow room.

Long story short, you'll be totally stealth, as long as you get a properly sized fan and filter.

Be Groovy! :passitleft:

Multiply width of the room by the length, multiplied by the height. That's the CFM your Filter and Exhaust should be able to pull/push from tent. I usually go a little bigger and add an active intake fan as well.

Hey Tony. Yes, if you get a decent carbon filter that is matched to your exhaust (the filter can handle the cfm your exhaust pushes out), then it should be perfectly odorless. I live next door to an officer of the law, and she had no idea I was growing until I showed her (after it became legal). Now a days, I use the filter to clean the air, so I can recirculate it back into the room. I do this during the winter, as it gets uber cold here. The recirculated heat from the tents cuts down on heat in the grow room.

Long story short, you'll be totally stealth, as long as you get a properly sized fan and filter.

Be Groovy! :passitleft:
oh that definitly makes me happy! ive been reading abit also and i see there is concern with high humidity and high temps making the carbon filter not as efficient, ive been monitoring over the past couple of days and the humidity here never goes below 60% with a high of 82% and temp in the night goes down to only 82F/27C while in the day heads up to 90F inside the closet.. in your experience, would it be a smart thing to go with a oversized filter, maybe a 6" instead of a 4 to avoid humidity clogging the carbon?

Welcome

Back
Top Bottom