FractalBud

This is my only plant this year and the leaves around 2 of the buds are dying.
It appears to be spreading rather fast.
Have been careful about over watering and am feeding it organic Bio Bizz nutes
once per week in the suggested amounts.
Any ideas on what this could be and what I could do about it?
(Pic in reply below)

Here's the pic

BD131.JPG

Hey Fractal,

Look, I am by no means an expert and very much in the early learning process but I like posts like this because I am trying to work out for myself based on my reading in these forums, what the issues are in the 'please help' posts.

So i'm really only having a stab, like it's a quick quiz.

So my approach would be to check carefully for a pest of some sort, and check pH.

If no wiser after that, i'd suspect some kind of nutrient problem but would probably need to know more about the setup, schedules etc.

have that too in my signature : Pest Control with Essential Oils
it works.. I use it

Organic spittlebug killer recipe:-

1/2 cup hot peppers, diced.
6 cloves garlic peeled.
2 cups water.
2 teaspoons liquid soap (without bleach).

Method: Puree peppers, garlic and water together. Let sit for 24 hours. Strain and mix in the liquid soap. Wipe the plant foam off the plant and spray all parts of the plant.

Hey Kbomb,

It's true that I've not been checking the ph of my water. I recently changed from creek water to cistern water. Am going to go purchase a tester today.

This started out on one limb and has now spread to a second. I do find it strange how it seems to be slowly spreading one limb at a time. One would think that if it was a ph or nute problem that it would affect more of the plant at the same time? Of course, I'm far from an expert myself.

:thanks:

Thanks for this; I've seen a similar concoction before. Pests did cross my mind.
Being that I have a hard time finding hot peppers here in the South of France, I think I'm just going to pick up today a
product from Biobizz called Leafcoat. I used it last year against the critters and it worked like a charm, although it'll be
a bit pricier than your suggestion.

Hey Kbomb,

One would think that if it was a ph or nute problem that it would affect more of the plant at the same time? Of course, I'm far from an expert myself.

:thanks:

Fair point. I just have learned that pH is something that should be checked first up whatever signs of trouble occur. I'm surprised that you can't find any chillies, esp in S of France! I grow my own little firecracker chillies and get so many I have to store heaps in the freezer. I just use them.

Angrybird - didn't click on your link but like your recipe. Only made some for the first time recently and man oh man it's potent. I understand the warnings to spray in well ventilated but not blowy areas. I was coughing in the kitchen just from simmering the chopped chillis! Aya carumba.

Fair point. I just have learned that pH is something that should be checked first up whatever signs of trouble occur. I'm surprised that you can't find any chillies, esp in S of France! I grow my own little firecracker chillies and get so many I have to store heaps in the freezer. I just use them.

Angrybird - didn't click on your link but like your recipe. Only made some for the first time recently and man oh man it's potent. I understand the warnings to spray in well ventilated but not blowy areas. I was coughing in the kitchen just from simmering the chopped chillis! Aya carumba.

made me sneeze :rofl:

I found this recipe a few years back and have it in a few versions... you can use chilli powder too. 2 tps.

I grow chili peppers too for the same reason
but,, they are nice to eat too :)

Back
Top Bottom