Help! Can't identify this problem updated!

Troubletitan

I can't seem to identify what has caused this...

Ok I think I figured it out, I have leaf miner problem. I looked it up and there are pretty distinctive marks very much like my plant

Re: Help! Can't identify this problem

Web page says: "Sorry, that page was not found."

Or something like that, but can't see pics regardless.

Fixed the links
883b3e05.jpg

9fb691da.jpg

Sooo... bump

Okay, still can't see the pics but if the leaves have a little maze pattern on them, then you probably do. It's the larvae crawling around and eating inside the leaf. Not a huge problem usually but you need to attack on two fronts. First the flies can be controlled by the sticky yellow pads. If you don't get rid of the flies, they keep breeding and producing more larvae, so get rid of them. Secondly, the larvae can be removed by cutting of the infected leaves if there are not too many of them. If it's seriously infected and you can't remove all the infected leaves, the best solution is using Neem Oil per directions to kill them.

Okay, still can't see the pics but if the leaves have a little maze pattern on them, then you probably do. It's the larvae crawling around and eating inside the leaf. Not a huge problem usually but you need to attack on two fronts. First the flies can be controlled by the sticky yellow pads. If you don't get rid of the flies, they keep breeding and producing more larvae, so get rid of them. Secondly, the larvae can be removed by cutting of the infected leaves if there are not too many of them. If it's seriously infected and you can't remove all the infected leaves, the best solution is using Neem Oil per directions to kill them.

Thanks for the reply:thumb: I cut the really effected leaves off last night but most of the plant is not effected so hope it helps. The two big leaves have a few marks so going to keep an eye on it. I will treat them with neem oil but it's going to be hard to locate where I live now, but there a ton of east Indians here so they should know.

I squeezed the leaves I cut off and sure enough there were brown little larve in them!

I am going to bring the plant indoor soon just waiting for my lighting kit to arrive....can't get here soon enough!

I got some product called neem guard it's a herbal insticide directions said mix 1000ml to 200L of water so just reduced the qty for a 500ml spray bottle.

Fingers crossed hope it helps and keeps from further spreading, one leaf is starting to look worst than it did yesterday.

EFFECTED LEAF

c191418a.jpg

PLANT AFTER TRIMMING

66179a6c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom