Help, Cant See Any "crystals"

Crystals or Thricomes??? Are you suppose to see them??

• Yes or No ???

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • 3 months old and only 2 foot tall

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters

its420time

I have 3 plants that have been growing since late may. They are all in separate 5 gallon pots. All are budding and have the little white hairs all over them. But I dont see any Thichomes??? or what I call the small crystals that you normally see. Do I have a problem or is it still too early to tell ???? Any help is appreciated.
Thxs...:peace:

re: Help, Cant See Any "crystals"

once the plant starts filling up youll see them thichomes on leaves. you will see them after 3-4 weeks into flowering

The plants Im talking about have been growing since late May. I havent been doing anything to them other than watering them. They are pretty much growing on their own. I have noticed that the flowering started approx. a couple of weeks ago, maybe 3 weeks. The "hairs" on one of the plants is already starting to turn a reddish color and this particular plant is only a little over a foot tall. Same with one of the others. Same strain I think. Its also started budding and it isnt quite a foot tall. The only really good one I have is almost 2 feet tall and it is covered with the white "hairs", I just dont see any "crystals" on it. The other 2 do have the beginnings of the small "crystals." Im just worried about the "good" one. Its going to be a really nice plant once it starts budding. Just dont see the "crystals" on it like I do the other 2.
Any help or advice is appreciated.
Thxs.:peace:

they are trichomes, i suggest getting the humidity down and they will show, the dryer the conditions, the more trichomes they will produce to try and lock in moisture.

"I havent been doing anything to them other than watering them. They are pretty much growing on their own."
-You haven't been feeding them?
May I ask why not?
They're starving.
If you want decent bud you're gonna have to feed them.
Use a flowering nutrient such as Fox Farms Tiger Bloom. Even miracle grow (shudder) is better than nothing.
Don't use full strength. Use it approx. 2/3 strength. You'll notice a dramatic improvement overnight.

I got some plant food, its 20-20-20 and watered them with it yesterday. It came a hell of a rain here yesterday afternoon too. I hope they didnt get too much water. 2 of them look really good, both full of buds. One of them is alot smaller but has buds and the hairs on them are almost completely red. Does that mean its time to harvest. This plant is really small, less than a foot tall. But has buds all over it. I have read that when the "hairs" get over 50% red/brown/purple that its time to harvest. But I just cant bring myself to do since it is so small and has alot of growing time left.

My best plant is almost 3 feet tall. Been growing since late May. It is covered in buds and white "hairs". How long will it take for them to start turning red/brown/purple????? I have no idea what strain they are. I just used seeds from some weed that I had. But the 2 that are really small and have red "hairs" already are the same strain. I can tell that just by looking at them. :peace:

guess you got a half - month left to go maybe not even that, you sau you havent give your plants any nutrients?

Just gave them some regular plant food. 20-20-20. Watered them twice with it. Its been really cool here and rainy so I havent had the chance to water them much with the plant food. Ive got one plant that is about 3 feet tall. Has buds all over it. From the bottom up. Covered in white hairs. Just wondering how much longer to till harvest. Its getting pretty cool here in the evenings, and Id say that they are getting at least 10 hours of sun a day. They dont get the full 12 hours or more because they are on my back deck. But Id say they start getting sun around 9am until around 7 or 8pm.
Any advice as to when to start harvesting would be appreciated. The hairs are all still white and dont seem to be changing colors at all. May just be the strain it is. Im thinking that the seeds I used for this particular plant were indo. Does this sound about right?????
Thanks

Isn't trichome production partly due to genetics? Some strains produce a great deal more than others. I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that indicas produce more resin glands than sativas to. So don't be too concerned about your bud looking like it just got rolled around in sugar. I believe Jason King explains in the Canablbl(first edition) that some strains loaded with trichomes but the high was sub-par, where other strains had few trichomes and were extremely potent.

pictures would help everyone determine what is up with your babies :peace:

The posts were from a year ago - but good input anyway.

HA! I thought we addressed this time discrepancy 4 months ago? I do wonder how those plants turned out, though.

...here we go again...

Back
Top Bottom