Help! First timer trying to get everything perfect!

Scandinavian

Hello :420:

I have been lurking some time around the completed journals, i was quickly hooked and decided to try it out myself. This is my first grow of basically anything ever.. Bare with me!

Well, nothing comes easy and i am now in need of some premium 420mag help to diagnose my little ladies.

First some information:

Soil:
50% standard flowers soil (Last picture for nute specs)
40% leca medium size
10% beach sand

Growroom:
Home built into a closet. Made a skeleton of wood, filled it with rockwool and covered with mylar.

Size: 145W cm x 45D cm x 135H cm
Celsius: 29-31 degrees (Slightly high, working on new intake solution)
Ventilator and fan running 24/7

Lights:
2 x 400 watt HPS on 18/6 cycle
Lights are 65 cm above soil.

Plants:
10 x Northern light feminized
2 x bubble gum bonus seeds
Planted in 11 Litre pots
Height: 15-17cm as of 2 january 2014 (23 days)

Dates and log:
Seeds put in wet toiletpaper on 8 dec. 2013
Seeds put in 0.5L soil on 10. dec. 2013
Replanted into 11L pots on 26. dec 2013

Nutes:Started mixing nutes into water on 26 dec.
Biobizz rootjuice
Biobizz Bio Grow
Used adviced measures from biobizz guide

Mixed Facts:
In soil for 22 days, on nutes last 8 days.
Have not tested ph level or humidity
Celcius was recorded to 45 after 24hours of air intake block.
Fan introduced on 26. dec (Stems already showing effect)

Photos:

Hope these pictures help!

IMG_091119.jpg
IMG_090517.jpg
IMG_09039.jpg
IMG_090114.jpg
IMG_089913.jpg
IMG_089713.jpg
IMG_089517.jpg
IMG_089312.jpg
IMG_089115.jpg
IMG_088915.jpg
IMG_088717.jpg
IMG_088513.jpg
IMG_090918.jpg
IMG_090713.jpg

What is wrong with my ladies ?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Scandinavian first time grower!:Namaste:

Hi there, nice little garden you got there!

I'm by far no expert, just a fellow noob like yourself. But to my uneducated guess it looks like you might got some nutburn going on whit the leaves curling and pointing upwards and being burnt like they are. from the look of your soil bag it's a pretty heavy fertilized soil you'v bought. with 85g of N pr m3, 55g of N, 70g of P and 150g of K pr m3 thats seems like a lot to me.
Hopefully someone more experienced come along and tell me to be all wrong :blushsmile:

Anyway I wish you the best of luck

å godt nyttår :)

PH of growing medium is PH 5.5 to 6.3 its written on the bag & that is mildly acidic if its below PH 6 which could be a problem if the PH is lower than PH 5.5

1. You might want to think about adding a heaped tea spoon (tsp) or 2 of dolomite lime/garden lime to the surface of each pot & gentle rake into soil surface to help buffer soil PH level this raise it towards to PH 7 or near it...

2. Stop feeding nutrients use normal water for a couple of weeks, the compost used is all ready preloaded with nutrients suitable for a few weeks worth of growth, if you want to add liquid nutrients use at half strength feeding once a week whilst in veg.

From the pic's the tops of the plants are dark green that would suggest nitrogen over dose which may lead toxicity if ya don't curb back on the feeding they also show a couple other defs a bit hard to tell which ones at the moment.

Thanks for the reply´s guys!
:bravo:
I will stop using nutes for the next 14 days.

I will buy some PH strips for testing, and some chemicals to raise the PH level.

On another note..

How is my air-intake ? Its about two fists in size

I have no NO oxygen coming directly from the outside world, its simply just sucking in air from a 5x10M room, and then blowing it out again to the same room.

And is there any comments regarding the 17cm height, when 22 days into veg ? Is that normal ?

Thanks in advance

I'm an novice but when I was growing I managed to do pretty well. My immediate advice (which I personally would do) is to clip all of your yellowed leaves off. If you don't know what is wrong it is best to trim away the bad. I always used regular miracle grow or moisture control MG from seed through flower, worked great. Cloned with peat pellets. From the looks of your space you want small plants. I would keep a veg. room supplied and rotate a plant into bud every 2-3 weeks at around 9" to 1' in height. You would have 4 plant of varying maturity in the bud room at all times and harvest every 2-3 weeks. Play around with plant size and rotation schedule, you could get 1/4 -1/2 oz per plant if you switched to 12/12 at your size in photo (if the yellowing leaves aren't a sign of something bad). Good luck and don't get discouraged. If you want to you will get good at it. Remember that plants can be helped or harmed by your 'vibes'-don't get mad at them for not doing well.

Oh, I would say that your height is normal for a beginner with seeds- it can be tricky. Once you have a strain that's good for you cloning is definately the way to go. You can have a shit-load of clones going and just switch them into your bud room nilly-nally if you want. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom