Help! GSC leaves twisted and deformed

I had this same issue on my current grow. Like the rest said, your PH is too high. Not an expert but what I changed up was checking my ph. I used to check it right after adding the nutes, and now I add the nutes and let it sit overnight and check in the morning and adjust.
How do you adjust ph? I took the reading right after adding nutes to the water yesterday and it was 7.2, today it is same. Sorry for all the question..lol...I am new at the nutrients game!

Using a ph strip to check water. I am a newbie to nutrients and do not know how to check soil ph.
Check the pH of the water, if for no other reason than to know what it is and that it is not at the extreme ends of the scale.

There is no easy way to check the pH of the soil. It can be done at home but is easier to send to a agriculture lab to let them do the test. There are plenty of experienced growers who do not even do that; they trust their soil mix to handle the pH drifts when the grower waters the plant & soil.

I have seen pics of TMV and wondered the same, especially since one of my Blue Dreams is looking like it may do same. How would my plants have gotten this? Is it in the seeds? We do not smoke tobacco so I am curious as to how a plant would contract this.

I have seen pics of TMV and wondered the same, especially since one of my Blue Dreams is looking like it may do same. How would my plants have gotten this? Is it in the seeds? We do not smoke tobacco so I am curious as to how a plant would contract this.
Hi Karden,

TMV "tobacco Mosaic Virus" does not come from Tobacco but the virus has been called that! because Tobacco plants are very susceptible to it

Nobody really knows where it comes from....Now there are some Seed breeders that use a certain method to make sure their seeds turn female which can enhance the chance of TMV virus showing up greatly

I certainly stopped using seeds from a certain breeder from Holland that states he's the one who brought us the "original"White Widow....and a Hunter of Strains (Sorry have to be a bit cryptic here....They are not a Sponsor here so i can't say their name) and since then i had no more problems

Thank you for all the great info! I bought both my GSC and Blue Dream from the same source. I have not seen this problem before with any other strains from them. This is my first time growing these 2 strains so wasn’t sure what to expect. Seems so odd that all 4 plants were started exactly the same yet 3 are struggling and 1 Blue Dream is showing no signs of stress and growing great. It’s like Purple Kush...tried 5 times to grow...all failed, so I gave up on that strain, maybe the seeds? Perhaps next year I will try a new supplier. Sigh....always something Lol.

Is a slurry test not an easy and accurate way to measure the pH of the substrate? It's recommended by experts (not growers) all over the internet.
What I was getting at is that it is not as easy as comparing the color on a pH paper strip against a color chart.

The slurry test is not all that easy because of the need to weigh or measure the soil and the preparation including having the distilled water.

Though, it is pretty easy to just mail off a soil sample to the state co-operative extension service or any other soil lab. That works as long as there is not a problem that requires a new test every couple of days until a problem is tracked down.

Back
Top Bottom