Help! Is this a regular house fly invading my grow area? How do I combat it?

MrPeab

OK I am overwhelmed all of a sudden at the amount of flies that are just camping on my plants leaves. Some during the day but a major invasion at night. They just seem to sit there and take a dump all over the leaves. You can walk up to the plant and they wont fly away unless you physically knock them off. I am waiting to see Jeff Goldblum any night now.

I have searched the web and 420 and I see reference to white flies, and one fly they call a gnat, but I cannot seem to see anyone addressing what I believe to be a regular old house fly. I have taken some images of them close up and the feces they leave behind.

Please help and let me know how to combat these guys. Do I just hang those fly strips everywhere or what do I do please?

Thank You for your help.

Mr.Peab:thumb:

They are normal flies yes. They are there because they are attracted to the shit in the soil. Things like manure or guanos or other shit filled ferts will attract them. They wont damage anything though.

you are inside? Clean the house! lol Don't know if they can damage your plants or not...they carry bacteria and disease, but can they transfer it to your plants? Dunno, but they are pollinators. Anyway if you are inside, something is attracting them inside. Dirty trash cans maybe.....good luck

OMG I have them too! No food around, hydro grow is in the basement. Must be the Happy Frog medium, just got new clones in dirt about 2 weeks ago and the flies showed up after about 10 days. So eerie! Jeff Goldblum indeed, or at least X-Files!

OK I am overwhelmed all of a sudden at the amount of flies that are just camping on my plants leaves. Some during the day but a major invasion at night. They just seem to sit there and take a dump all over the leaves. You can walk up to the plant and they wont fly away unless you physically knock them off. I am waiting to see Jeff Goldblum any night now.

I have searched the web and 420 and I see reference to white flies, and one fly they call a gnat, but I cannot seem to see anyone addressing what I believe to be a regular old house fly. I have taken some images of them close up and the feces they leave behind.

Please help and let me know how to combat these guys. Do I just hang those fly strips everywhere or what do I do please?

Thank You for your help.

Mr.Peab:thumb:
Let me tell you something they invaded my group in the veg and believe it or not their Little donkey Dick nose Produces an acid that dissolves organic material they walk around On the leaves slathering digestive juice everywhere they touch in fact if you ever put aluminum foil over your windows and the flies happen to walk across them you will notice after a time if you turn all the lights out little tiny pinholes where the light shines through from them doing their digestive stroll depending how tender your plants are in the growing stage it can cause a lot of damage to the tops That are just being produced in the Veg stage. I’ve used Dr. zymes Captain Jack’s couple other organic sprays Too little or no avail Fly strips or a zapper that uses Dish soap as a catcher in the water seems to work pretty good I know they’re laying eggs in the soil if they’re getting in there hanging around because I like the smell of the decay you know houseflies if they can’t find a carcass or anything else to lather eggs on will lay it in any moist dirt or spot they can finDish soap as a catcher in the water seems to work pretty good I know they’re laying eggs in the soil if they’re getting in there hanging around because I like the smell of the decay you know houseflies if they can’t find a carcass or anything else to lather eggs on will lay it in any moist dirt or spot they can fine can find .I looked around on the Internet Specifically concerning cannabis growers and all I find is a bunch of people saying that they don’t hurt the plants and To do this and that n this that To prevent them from laying eggs in the soil which is fine but it’s the damage they do to the very tender young leads that are coming out that is catastrophic to the plant and its outcome

Back
Top Bottom