Help me pick soil for my bag weed

ladygrow

Hi All,

Im germinating some bag cannabis, not sure what strain and i never even smoked this one...got it from a friend....doing an indoor grow....first grow

I was hoping to go for soiless but i couldnt find any as its end of gardening season in Canada

i went to home depot and here is what i found, can someone make a suggestion?

i have posted an album of the soils available here
75014888af6b76e2b8bdbcf4adf1440f_md.jpg

708230e49d98a14261833bc044d07255_md.jpg
963b03263c74fb08ab411d5f061074f8.jpg

022a0009dc041d754259ed26f150e8fe_md.jpg

6e38635cd2a6cea62323f25ab6cd0d07_md.jpg

f0d1a606d091bcf280e867e5c36bdf07_md.jpg

92d8d4176d509b20533e11ebf0902887_md.jpg

:Namaste:

Can't see what you found at home depot :) but for general store bought soil, I would go for an organic "vegetable garden" type soil. Usually these have plenty of nutrients and balance to last several weeks into a grow without problem.
Don't plant the seedlings directly into this soil (too rich, will burn sensitive new roots). Plant the seedlings into some seedling soil (small bags available).

Don't use the cheapo generic potting soils, they are usually lacking in so much you would mostly be wasting your time and have nutrient problems popping up all over the place a few weeks into the grow.
:goodluck:

You could also do a soil less mix of perlite and vermiculite which would be like hydro and would give you better control over what they get fed.

If you want soiless you've got some peat moss right there. :D

You can mix some peat moss, perlite, and compost/worm castings at 1/3 ratio of each if you want to Build a Soil. Some ammendments like kelp meal, crustation meal, rock minerals can be ordered online for a.water only living organic soil mix. Building a Better Soil - Demonstrations & Discussions of Organic Soil Recipes

Or if you want premixed soil, find something without a bunch of fertilizer and typically avoid miracle grow. Mix in some extra perlite for better soil aeration.

Coco coir bricks or hydroton or rockwool can be purchased online if you can't find them locally.

Fox Farm can be hard to get in Canada, depending on where you live.

Atulip has some fabulous advice. Well worth following. You can make a soilless mix with peat and he gives some great links for exploring that.

Do you have a hydroponic store near you, ladygrow? It's well worth checking out what they might have, rather than using any regular, possibly heavy soil with time release nutrients. Most hydro stores will have coco coir -- if you get a bag of that, plus nutrients, you will be doing a soilless grow and can control everything your plants consume. It's really nice to work with -- I'm doing my first grow with it right now and it's pretty simple :)

Hi, again :)

In case you don't have a hydro store near you: Of the soils you picture here, the Pro Mix Herb and Vegetable looks the best to this novice canna gardener: PRO-MIX? VEGETABLE & HERB

It's organic, which is a plus, but it does have time release nutrients which may or may not be great for cannabis.

If you mix it with 25% perlite, you'll have a lighter medium which may work for your first grow.

well i just have to put my two cents in lol if going soil please get some organic gardening soil the kind that does not have any kind of nutrients, get a bag of coconut coir or shredded peat moss and get a bag of perlite this will be a great ph balanced soil mix. all the nutrients ur plant gets should come from u. that way u r in complete control u can even plant ur seedling directly into that soil too no nutes to burn it. what kind of pots r using? what kind of nutrients and additives will u be using? light?

Back
Top Bottom