Help my girl

She is still drinking plenty of water though. I'm watering her a every 2 days on 2nd day she is dry as hell
Welcome to the forum @Newbiegrower1234 ! :welcome:
Your picture definitely showed a severely overwatered plant. As said above, dry as hell up on top tells you nothing about the stagnant water sitting in the bottom of the container. You are watering too often, therefore overwatering. Before you water the next time, lift up the pot. If your human senses can tell that there is ANY water weight at all in that container... it is not time to water yet.

And also in my post I always stick my finger down to second nuckle I also check not 1 place but 2 or 3 places in the soil. It's always bone dry.
That is how you check to see if a tomato needs to be watered... not a weed. The check of the top tells you nothing about what is happening at the most important place in the container... the bottom, where the feeder and tap roots reside. Use the lift the pot method (or a scale) instead of your finger.

Welcome to the forum @Newbiegrower1234 ! :welcome:
Your picture definitely showed a severely overwatered plant. As said above, dry as hell up on top tells you nothing about the stagnant water sitting in the bottom of the container. You are watering too often, therefore overwatering. Before you water the next time, lift up the pot. If your human senses can tell that there is ANY water weight at all in that container... it is not time to water yet.

If she was over watered would the leaves be dry and crispy though? As I have her in a bigger pot now. Just reported as she outlived her old pot. The soil inside was dry. Literally bone dry. She came out in 2 tap of the pot and I seen no soggy muddy media. Just dry with roots wrapped around in shape of the pot.

Lol no I live in England. Temp right now is 11degrees. Very cold. And it feels like 9 degrees in my loft. It is really cold. But the plastic on the pot feels like it just came out of the freezer
Is that the temp under the light or in the attic in general? I use 600w hps @ 1 light per m2 and this raises my temps by about 15c putting me in the 25-30c window.
couple of bits to add,
Make sure your plant is raised of the floor, you can also insulate your pots. As for heating i like tubular "caravan" heaters but as someone suggested earlier seedling heat mats work well (these will also help dry the bottom of your pots if that is a issue).

If she was over watered would the leaves be dry and crispy though? As I have her in a smaller pot now. Just reported as she outlived her old pot. The soil inside was dry. Literally bone dry. She came out in 2 tap of the pot and I seen no soggy muddy media. Just dry with roots wrapped around in shape of the pot.
Being overwatered, your lower roots have attempted to survive the flood waters and they have put a protective coating around themselves until the flood waters recede. Until oxygen is able to be pulled down to those roots, they will continue to be shut down and if not corrected soon, the plant will die. The leaves on the other hand are trying as hard as they can to evaporate off that extra water so instead of being dry and crispy they are puffy and swollen, trying to grab as much air as they can.
It does sound like you uppotted at the right time, but you wouldnt necessarily see all the water that was still trapped in the core of that rootball. Let the soil dry out all the way to the bottom every time. Let the plant even wilt just a little before giving her more water. Weeds do not like to be coddled. Give a weed a little bit of adversity and it will thrive... treat it like a tomato, and it will get very lazy.

Being overwatered, your lower roots have attempted to survive the flood waters and they have put a protective coating around themselves until the flood waters recede. Until oxygen is able to be pulled down to those roots, they will continue to be shut down and if not corrected soon, the plant will die. The leaves on the other hand are trying as hard as they can to evaporate off that extra water so instead of being dry and crispy they are puffy and swollen, trying to grab as much air as they can.
It does sound like you uppotted at the right time, but you wouldnt necessarily see all the water that was still trapped in the core of that rootball. Let the soil dry out all the way to the bottom every time. Let the plant even wilt just a little before giving her more water. Weeds do not like to be coddled. Give a weed a little bit of adversity and it will thrive... treat it like a tomato, and it will get very lazy.

How do I fix my current over water issue though. How long should j leave it before watering now. As I use a spray bottle to water. Do I leave it a week or few days. Alxo her leaves are very dry and crispy Thanks

Wondering
20191024_193622.jpg
if anyone knows the cause.

Seed=female Red Dragon
Light= 400w HPS
media= garden soil fine.
Nutes= no nutes

Leaves are dry and crispy and curling under most stems look straight with drooping leaves. Other stems are pointing up with same curling under leaves

Comment retracted.

How do I fix my current over water issue though. How long should j leave it before watering now. As I use a spray bottle to water. Do I leave it a week or few days. Thanks
you simply wait until the entire container is actually dry before watering the next time... and the next time after that... indeed every time. Stop with the spray bottle.. this is not a seedling. When you water, saturate the soil to the point of runoff. You can not overwater by giving too much in one session... any excess simply runs out of the bottom. But, you MUST wait until the plant has used all of that water before watering again. I call it a wet/dry cycle.. The wet dry cycle will change every time, depending on the strength of the roots, and eventually the plant will be able to drain all of its water in one day. When your wet/dry cycle reaches this point, it is time to uppot again.

you simply wait until the entire container is actually dry before watering the next time... and the next time after that... indeed every time. Stop with the spray bottle.. this is not a seedling. When you water, saturate the soil to the point of runoff. You can not overwater by giving too much in one session... any excess simply runs out of the bottom. But, you MUST wait until the plant has used all of that water before watering again. I call it a wet/dry cycle.. The wet dry cycle will change every time, depending on the strength of the roots, and eventually the plant will be able to drain all of its water in one day. When your wet/dry cycle reaches this point, it is time to uppot again.

But surly if it can't uptake the water it won't go dry by itself will it. Should I out it back under my 400w hps to help the drying process

Yeah Emylia is correct. I've seen the signs so many times. The cold is not helping the water evaporate oror plant drink either. Over water and your leaves are plump and curling. Under water and your leaves Will go limp and papery thin.I'd wait until they are limp before watering again. When that happens and only then,
If you are able too you could dunk the pot into a bucket of water until the bubbles stop and the soil is fully saturated. Then pull the pot out the water and try get a fast drain out. This will suck oxygen into the roots to replace the water. Then leave until your see them wilt again...
For now get them warm and just wait for the wilt before doing anything. Send some pics of you're not sure.

Yeah Emylia is correct. I've seen the signs so many times. The cold is not helping the water evaporate oror plant drink either. Over water and your leaves are plump and curling. Under water and your leaves Will go limp and papery thin.I'd wait until they are limp before watering again. When that happens and only then,
If you are able too you could dunk the pot into a bucket of water until the bubbles stop and the soil is fully saturated. Then pull the pot out the water and try get a fast drain out. This will suck oxygen into the roots to replace the water. Then leave until your see them wilt again...
For now get them warm and just wait for the wilt before doing anything. Send some pics of you're not sure.

Thanks for the advice. Is the plant worth keeping or start again as I o ly have 1 more red dragon seed left. Also my leaves are dry and crispy like paper already. And how will I know when it has wilted as it looks like it is already wilted lmao.

And also I don't care if the bottom foliage starts to die because I will be using mainline technique on her. So all botton leaves and growth will be removed at some point. I have made a blend of 50/50 soil and compost which she is in now. Which seems to be more airy than plain soil. Hoping the root ball will venture into the new mix and will thrive there and it has plenty of air inside it. Also I have watered the new mix but only lightly. Should I put it back under my 400w HPS to aid in the drying process without a fan blowing between them ? I need this sorted fast because I'm trying to harvest before xmas.

I've out her back under the 400w hps now. I've put her close so that I can feel the heat on my hand nicely and no fan. I'm hoping to dry the pot out completely. I will post photos in coming days of her progress. Thanks everyone for advice. Much appreciated.

I've out her back under the 400w hps now. I've put her close so that I can feel the heat on my hand nicely and no fan. I'm hoping to dry the pot out completely. I will post photos in coming days of her progress. Thanks everyone for advice. Much appreciated.
This is not the right strategy and I hope you do not fry your poor struggling plant with all that heat. Most of the water that leaves the soil does so because the plant uses it... it does not just dry out due to evaporation or heat ... only a small percentage leaves that way.
Patience is the key... patience above all else. If you can not sit on your hands long enough to let the plant do what it needs to do, your plant is going to suffer. I look forward to seeing your pictures in a few days. Please back that light back out so you can not feel heat at the canopy.

This is not the right strategy and I hope you do not fry your poor struggling plant with all that heat. Most of the water that leaves the soil does so because the plant uses it... it does not just dry out due to evaporation or heat ... only a small percentage leaves that way.
Patience is the key... patience above all else. If you can not sit on your hands long enough to let the plant do what it needs to do, your plant is going to suffer. I look forward to seeing your pictures in a few days. Please back that light back out so you can not feel heat at the canopy.
You can feel very minimal heat where I've placed her. I had my hand under it for ages and was just warm on my hand. She wont burn under it that I can guarantee. I want her to dry out a bit faster as in restricted on time frame for harvest. I will check on her later on and tomorrow. Once I see that she is starting to wilt due to needing water I'll do hourly checks once she is 40% wilted I'll eater again and wait until she starts to wilt again before next water.

Back
Top Bottom