Help needed on 1st time scrog

OzBuddy

Hey guys
I have posted a couple of times here for help with my first grow and all the help I have gotten is invaluable.
My babies are now on day 11 of flower and growing great but I have a couple of questions.
Firstly when should I stop tucking and folding them under the screen?
And also when should I start defol as they are extremely bushy?
20150926_213101.jpg

20150926_213115.jpg

20150926_213127.jpg

20150926_213202.jpg

20150926_213213.jpg

they are unkown bag seed in a 2.4x1.2 tent with 2x 600w hps. They are being grown in coco and clay balls
any help or advice would be great

Looks good. On your first question,, depends, you say day eleven.. So about halfway done with stretching, strain dependant. With those lights and space you say,, I might leave them alone.

Have no idea how your growing medium changes anything if all, keep that in mind.

Too much fiddle in SCROG, with bagseed,, might not be good. Just my thoughts on that one.

I defoil about midway, day 30-40. Right before they get the last little nitrogen,, then, defoil,, flower nutes from there on out... When I use nutes.

I'll start stripping any remaining fan leaves and light blockers as necessary and clean out two weeks, ten days before harvest.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks medman
I was also thinking of letting them run there own race now as I have not noticed what I would call massive stretch since the turn. so in your opinion they look ok and not to bushy for the stage that they are at ?
thanks again for your input

It's up to you. Me? I would do some major thinning of the herd,,, I've seen to many headaches trying to pack it in. Plenty of people do, I just don't like the issues that can/do arise when it's too crowded.

I'm a big non 420 gardener so I look at it this way. In a six foot span I can get three tomato plants in,, it's doable. But, come August it's tight. So, I've learned to put two plants in that same space which results in better yield overall, easier crop management. And, I end up with the same pounds overall from two, as I did with three...

If I were you since this is bagseed and basically a learning session,, is let it go. See how things progress and next run make changes. Just get comfortable with the whole process..

Good luck, I'll keep an eye out, I subscribed....

Just a thought... Keep tucking 1 and let the other go? Defoliate 1 and let the other go? Play around, have fun, learn something, and share some knowledge. Looks great!

Edit to add...
We often get hung up on weights, watts, when, and where to do all these techniques. There is great value in qualitative information. You don't need a control group, clones, dividers, etc... To learn something. Trust what your gut tells you and listen to what your eyes see. Again, wow! A couple of monsters!!

Well put, Spitz. I agree, totally. You're playing with house money at this point,,, learn, do, get better....

Back
Top Bottom