Help needed: what's wrong with these plants?

vivianna

What's wrong with these plants? They are 8 weeks of age. So they are now in their 4th week of flowering. 4-5 more weeks to go before they are ready for harvest. But I am afraid they won't survive that long.

Celcius: 28.1-31.5c
Humidity: 62-74%
- I have a machine dehumidifier in the room and 2 salt dehumidifiers in the tent but the humidity is still high.
- Outdoor humidity is around 80-96. If it lowers down to 55-60% I should open the windows and let the air change.

Grows in water/hydro/Wilma system

EC: 1.5-1.6
PH: 6.0-6.2

I check the EC/PH every 2 days and I water them.
My EC goes up to 2.0 and 2.1 and I have corrected it to 1.5 each time. Could that 2.0/2.1 EC be creating some of these symptoms?

11.jpeg

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

9.jpeg

1.jpeg

Hate to advise you of bad news ma’am but you’ve got crotch critters, the hard part is going to be spraying leaf undersides with trellis net in place. The light colored spots are known as honeydew which is residue from pests, aphids perhaps.

It helps to nuke the crap out of plants with pest control in the weeks before entering flower cycle. Suspect ph and watering issues as well.

welcome aboard Vivianna, hang tight and we will get you sorted

Thank you for your fast reply. I hope this is still salvable?

----

I use liquid silicon + Terra Aquatica pH- to control my PH. I keep my PH at 6.0-6.2

I use Terra Aquatica Tripart Boom (0-5-4) + Terra Aquatica Tripart Micro (5-0-1) + water to control my EC at 1.5-1.6

The amounts depend on my current EC & PH values. I look at the numbers and then I use these fertilizers to get my numbers back to 1.5-1.6 and 6.0-6.2.
- I use about 10ml silicon per 10l of water
- I use 5ml ph down per 10l of water to keep it stable. More if I need to lower it. Less if I need to increase my ph.
- I use 20ml flora bloom and 10ml flora micro per 10l to keep EC stable and more if I need to increase it. And less if I need to lower my EC. I have a machine that tracks how much EC & PH is in my water and I use that number to adjust how much I use fertilizers.

I check these numbers + correct these numbers 3 times a week (every 2 days roughly). Should I do this more often? Like every day now that they are under attack?
---
I am currently spraying all my leaves with pest control once a week as they suggested for me to do in the flower shop.
but I haven't been spraying under the leaves. I will be doing that now too. Should I keep doing this once a week or should I do this more often then once a week?

I use SMC spider mite control spray for spraying for pests.
---
The plants are already in the flowering stage. with 8 weeks of total age. and from that 8 weeks 4 weeks in the flowering stage.

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 17.49.38.png

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 17.54.07.png

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 17.56.15.png

Also not a hydro grower here, and Idk your nutrients, but the name tripart makes me think there should be a third bottle in your mix.
I had not noticed that earlier. Yes the 'TriPart' in the name and then the "3 Part Nutrient" on the label. There should be one more nutrient bottle needed.

The Terra Aquatica brand is the new name for the General Hydroponics line of fertilizers that are sold in the European market. Their website has the feeding rates and frequency schedule but that is as far as I went since I was just making sure the info was easy to find.

Thank you for your assistance. Appreciate it and need it.

1. 100% sure I have some pests. I seen few small yellow pests now and there is holes in few of my leaves.
I will be spraying the plants once a week with the (SMC) spider mite control spray that should work. I will spray it under the leaves too. Not just top of the leaves. Should I spray the body of the plant too? Probably not so I will skip that.

2. PH seems to be stable and I will be keeping it at 5.9-6.0 for now instead of 6.2. For this set up and in the flowering stage the PH should be around 6.0 and later in the flowering stage 6.2.... 5.8 was for the veg phase.

3. But EC goes up daily. I think this has been affecting the plants too. So I will be looking at the numbers daily for now and correcting the numbers if it fluctuates.

4. Also you men are right. It's a 3 part nutrient but I have been managing it with only these 2 parts without problems. I don't think that is causing me any problems here so for now I will keep it this way. I might need to take look at the third one and experiment with it next time. but I don't think it has anything to do with my current problems or to be a solution for them.

1. 100% sure I have some pests. I seen few small yellow pests now and there is holes in few of my leaves.
I will be spraying the plants once a week with the (SMC) spider mite control spray that should work. I will spray it under the leaves too. Not just top of the leaves. Should I spray the body of the plant too? Probably not so I will skip that.

2. PH seems to be stable and I will be keeping it at 5.9-6.0 for now instead of 6.2. For this set up and in the flowering stage the PH should be around 6.0 and later in the flowering stage 6.2.... 5.8 was for the veg phase.

3. But EC goes up daily. I think this has been affecting the plants too. So I will be looking at the numbers daily for now and correcting the numbers if it fluctuates.

4. Also you men are right. It's a 3 part nutrient but I have been managing it with only these 2 parts without problems. I don't think that is causing me any problems here so for now I will keep it this way. I might need to take look at the third one and experiment with it next time. but I don't think it has anything to do with my current problems or to be a solution for them.
Clearly NOT 'without problem' friend, you are here asking what is wrong.

What do u mean Sueet?

Yes. Something is wrong and I am asking for help figuring it out and I am getting it. Thank you

013 talking about crotch critters and aphids was useful and something i took action on.

For lowering PH to 5.8 and using the third fertilization i disagree. It has worked well the way i am doing in the past. Now is my first time w problems. So i dont want to change what has worked in the past that fast. I might experiment with those settings later on to get better end results but i dont think that is the big threat to the survival right now. I currently think pests and high EC is the problem and should focus on those. And thanks to 013 about crotch critters i can educate myself about this new subject and defend myself.

Here is what terra aquatica says about ph:
- Our advice is to stay on the lower side of the general range pH 5.5 to 6.2, and to check EC and pH daily. Small fluctuations are normal, large / rapid changes are not.

As the plants grow and get closer to harvest i increase my ph slowly up to 6.2 so i think having it around 6.0 when they are 8 weeks old is pretty solid.

Terra page says ec for flowering 1.4 - 2.2.

I am more worried about big daily EC fluctuation and i think pests are causing it. So i need to fight against pests and keep my ec and ph levels steady

Hate to advise you of bad news ma’am but you’ve got crotch critters, the hard part is going to be spraying leaf undersides with trellis net in place. The light colored spots are known as honeydew which is residue from pests, aphids perhaps.

It helps to nuke the crap out of plants with pest control in the weeks before entering flower cycle. Suspect ph and watering issues as well.

welcome aboard Vivianna, hang tight and we will get you sorted
Crotch critters 😂😂😂

You may need that 3rd during flower she gets hungry then

What do u mean Sueet?

Yes. Something is wrong and I am asking for help figuring it out and I am getting it. Thank you
You stated "It's a 3 part nutrient but I have been managing it with only these 2 parts without problems" - I was disagreeing with your assessment. A three-part nutrient system is meant to be used a certain way, you are not doing that, so it isn't a big surprise you've got troubles. The plant needs those other nutrients in the third bottle. The plant stressing over not having those nutrients could even be the reason you have bugs now.

I have been thinking that i dont need the third supplement but what is the downside of using it? Nothing? So i will start using it too.

Here is two new photos. I think thats from the light burning em so i have pulled the light higher. If i remember right these should stop growing up at around 4th week of flowering.

B8985A19-4DF7-4BE4-AD2D-29F56FDB3474.jpeg

6D41C200-F2E1-4A4B-9CA8-605085C4FEFF.jpeg

I have been thinking that i dont need the third supplement but what is the downside of using it? Nothing? So i will start using it too.

Here is two new photos. I think thats from the light burning em so i have pulled the light higher. If i remember right these should stop growing up at around 4th week of flowering.

B8985A19-4DF7-4BE4-AD2D-29F56FDB3474.jpeg

6D41C200-F2E1-4A4B-9CA8-605085C4FEFF.jpeg
It doesn't look like light burn.may have a defecancy

Which defeancy?

Here is a question.

- When the EC is high. I give water. I dont put any bloom or micro nutrients into it.

If EC is for example 1.7
And PH 6.0
i put 10L water with 10ml silicon and 5ml pH down to keep ph at 6.0 and to drop EC 1.5
But doing this i havent used tripart for a while because EC is high all the time.

Should I still put little bit but not much so the EC comes down?

The scientists that created your nutes seem to think that you need the 3rd part of their trio, so I am glad you have decided to use it.
As much stock as you put into the EC reading, I am surprised that you are not wanting to consider moving your pH down into the traditional hydro range, with the middle of that range being 5.8 pH. Since that is where your nutes are designed to work at, I still think that you will be able to get rid of your Potassium deficiency, simply by adjusting your pH. You came here with questions, so that you could get this little jewel of wisdom from us, but you don't seem to want to take the advice. Your symptoms are not likely to change without you first making a change to something you are doing... so I would like to suggest that you follow this advice for a week to see what happens. As you said above, what is the downside of trying this suggestion? The upside would be dramatically healthier plants.

Back
Top Bottom