Help needed

hi
7 i was going to leave to get to 7feet with out topping or fim. how many oz on them for a ruff guess?
and the topped one 7 feet aswell would you top it again if it was yours??
thanks
ps would you leave the other 7 untouched if they were yours?

how tall do you grow yours???
what is the difference between top and fim or am i being thick? is topping just to make more main branches. and fim to make the plant bushy and not tall?.
ps so you would top the other 7 plants to make more main branches

thanks

I stay relatively short, because of the style of grow I am currently doing. For Sea of Green, (SOG), 11" to 15" is the norm for this style. Most people when looking at a single plant, choose to flip to flower at 12" - 18". This gives a smaller, more compact plant of 24" to 54" depending on the strain, and genetics. Your light will become an issue

Yes I would top to make more branching.

There is a difference in Topping and when using F.I.M.

Topping is a method that usually only gives 2 branches from each top site.

With FIM, there is the possibility of getting up to 6 from each site, if done correctly, and luck is on your side.

Some growers are now using the "FIM technique" as a way to get more growing shoots per each time you top. The strategy involves cutting off 90% of the growing shoot and leaving 10% intact. From that 10%, up to 8 more branches can emerge. This is useful for those growing SCROG style or those wanting lots of clones from a mother plant.

A shows the tradional method of topping: cutting the whole node off cleanly, to induce the stalk to split into two. But diagram B indicates to make the cut below the center of the node, leaving about 10% intact. This is the key, because the vegetation left behind has cells that are rapidly dividing in many different directions. This can lead to as many as EIGHT tops from a single pruning.

Additional image contributed by: Bubbasix
gf786-2.jpg

gf786-3.jpg

There is another technique that will get you 4 main stalks going up rather than 2 as with the above "Topping" technique
What is the FIM technique?

57386training9.jpg

[video=youtube;u0gr4Bez3Xg]
[/video]

i have done 1 fim at what point would you do the next fim? and i would only fim the new parts from the first fim. thanks for all your help

From last Last FIM, I would do the next ones at node 2, an strip the secondary branching and fan leaves on the first node of each of those stems after the new growth started. Then leave the tops alone for a while and just let them go. Trim, prune, top, FIM, clone from the sides a bit to encourage lateral growth as it gets over 2 feet, and then just let it run keeping it in shape until it starts to flower. You're in the sun if I remember correctly, right?

hi just looked at the plants and the nodes have got white hairs coming from some???? whats that all about
congradulations you are the proud papa of a baby girl:high-five:

hi been away for 4 days just come back and had a look and they all have white hairs so 9 baby girls cool. they needed a good drink when i got back. any easy ways for watering while i am away next time. also when will the buds start to come now the white hairs are there and any thing else i need to do.

thanks

Go to your flower store, and ask for the thing that goes on the bottom of pots. You put water in them and when youre gone the plant soaks it up. You usually use them for indoor plants when you water them so water doesnt go everywhere. They are called drip trays or self watering trays, they are really usefull

hi been away for 4 days just come back and had a look and they all have white hairs so 9 baby girls cool. they needed a good drink when i got back. any easy ways for watering while i am away next time. also when will the buds start to come now the white hairs are there and any thing else i need to do.

thanks

First, congrats on the girls!!

There is an easy way to water while you're away. You could set up a watering system on a timer with drip stakes into your soil, and set it to water 1min every 2 days. You can also mix ups some 1/4 Strength nutes and have it feed EVERY watering.

You'll need a 5gal bucket, a small fountain pump, 1/2" tubing to run out of the bucket and straight down between the plants, 1/4" tubing to run from the 1/4" up to each plant, and drip emitters, one per plant, and some strong wire to crimp off the end of the 1/2" tubing or a 1/2" to 1/4" reducer for the last plant on the line...

hi thanks for the info on watering. when i came back the soil was really dry and the leafs had dropped i have given a good water so hope they will come back ok.
will take some more photos tomorrow.

the 1 i topped has 2 tops coming now

if its only 2 or 3 days' or even a week you should be able to soak the em so they will be fine when you get back. I foregt if you were in soil but if you are they dont mind so much if they go low on h2o as long as they get some when you come back. they should perk right back up and never skip a beat:) any longer then that if your in soil you can get one of those water balls they sell at the garden center. that should give you the back up you need:peace: happy to hear about the new groth:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom