Help needed

1 gallon but repotted to 3 gallon

Since your using distilled water itll be all nute solution instead of adding in for what tap water has in it..distilled water is going to get costly once you start having to water alot and like we said earlier makesure your adding cal-mag

Modern is correct insofar as buying water will get costly after a while. I mix about 10 gallons a week.

I disagree about the precise water temp. In nature rain doesn’t fall from the sky at a specific temp. While a certain range is necessary to avoid shocking the plant...too hot or too cold an exact temp isn’t necessary and will eventually drive you mental.

Too cold and you will shock the plant causing stem discoloration and poor health. Too hot and you cook the roots. To avoid shock I try to get the water to approximately the temp of the grow space.

Some truth in what was said about temperature having an impact however at 68 degrees the plant will slow or stop developing. However, that is the overall temp of the plants surroundings..air, soil and water. At 64 degrees the plant cannot accept magnesium but I’m not sure if that is only water temp or if the soil temp will accommodate.

Personally I don’t focus on only one aspect of my environment because with every action there is a reaction. You change one thing and it will affect something else and so on. Find a balance that works. It takes time.

My tent stays in the low 70’s with a RH in the 20’s which is low but my plants don’t seem to mind.

When all is said and done you will learn what works. That comes through reading and research but not blindly following without knowing the how’s and whys.

You know the saying about opinions?

Modern is correct insofar as buying water will get costly after a while. I mix about 10 gallons a week.

I disagree about the precise water temp. In nature rain doesn’t fall from the sky at a specific temp. While a certain range is necessary to avoid shocking the plant...too hot or too cold an exact temp isn’t necessary and will eventually drive you mental.

Too cold and you will shock the plant causing stem discoloration and poor health. Too hot and you cook the roots. To avoid shock I try to get the water to approximately the temp of the grow space.

Some truth in what was said about temperature having an impact however at 68 degrees the plant will slow or stop developing. However, that is the overall temp of the plants surroundings..air, soil and water. At 64 degrees the plant cannot accept magnesium but I’m not sure if that is only water temp or if the soil temp will accommodate.

Personally I don’t focus on only one aspect of my environment because with every action there is a reaction. You change one thing and it will affect something else and so on. Find a balance that works. It takes time.

My tent stays in the low 70’s with a RH in the 20’s which is low but my plants don’t seem to mind.

When all is said and done you will learn what works. That comes through reading and research but not blindly following without knowing the how’s and whys.

You know the saying about opinions?
Good advice. This is my first grow in this basement and it gets quite cold. I battled the low temps for awhile untill i got a better heater so it wasnt helping especially with the more muture foliage. That and i went alittle light on the nute mix as i am trying remo for the first time. Prob resulted in some nitrogen and mag defs. Just repotted to 3 gallon and waiting for first feed. Will keep posted.

New pics. Just watered with alittle more nitrogen. Thanks @moderngroroom. They are looking pretty healthy. Want do you think about alittle pruning? Going to put into flower in around a week. Any suggestions from here? They are week 6 of veg. Using two mars2 700w.

Attachments

• 20190205_213456.jpg
    20190205_213456.jpg
    719.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190205_213438.jpg
    20190205_213438.jpg
    627.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190205_213431.jpg
    20190205_213431.jpg
    768.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190205_213417.jpg
    20190205_213417.jpg
    749.1 KB · Views: 27
New pics. Just watered with alittle more nitrogen. Thanks @moderngroroom. They are looking pretty healthy. Want do you think about alittle pruning? Going to put into flower in around a week. Any suggestions from here? They are week 6 of veg. Using two mars2 700w.

I wouldnt do anything till you get that droop fixed not inless you took pic before lights on or off..
thats severe droop there un happy buddy..
id agree with 420is

I wouldnt do anything till you get that droop fixed not inless you took pic before lights on or off..
thats severe droop there un happy buddy..
id agree with 420is
Took pic right before watering and just after lights on. Will take more pics tonight. Any common reason for droop? I thought it was a result of flucuating temps but have that under control now.

A common reason is too much water. Gotta leave them be for a while.

Your posts show you watered today and yesterday...too much. And you potted up to a 3 gal Saturday...I assume you watered when up potting. That would be 3 waterings in 5 days.

Personally, and I’ve been growing in 3 gal pots also and in veg I water about 2 liters every 5-7 days. Only about the middle of flower will I have to water about every 3-5 days until finish.

It’s not the safest way to calculate but I allowed the pot to dry just until the plant began to droop...it will look like yours but for the opposite reason, too little water. Then I water and note how long it takes to dry to that point again and begin checking the weight of the pot then.

Thanks guys will dial it down. Do you usually water with nutes every feeding?

Depends on what soil you used if it has nutes in it.
Yeah you have watered 3 times in 5 days thats way way to much water. You are killing the roots that are sitting in water the droop is possibly going to not recover specially since being drowned in water that long.. you can use the hydrogen peroxide method like i did with one of my plants thats the only thing that saved her from dieing but youll have to wait till the soil drys out a lil bit.
I wouldnt flip the time till you get this under control. You should be waiting atleast 3/4 days to water maybe even 5 since you repotted..

Thanks guys will dial it down. Do you usually water with nutes every feeding?
In a soilless medium you want to give nutes every time. In soil, it is customary to water with nutes one time, and then give at least one and maybe two waterings with just pH adjusted water. The reason is that on the first pass, the plant typically cant use all of the nutes that you apply... the second and third passes allow you to pick up those nutes and actually use them, helping to eliminate buildups in the container.

In a soilless medium you want to give nutes every time. In soil, it is customary to water with nutes one time, and then give at least one and maybe two waterings with just pH adjusted water. The reason is that on the first pass, the plant typically cant use all of the nutes that you apply... the second and third passes allow you to pick up those nutes and actually use them, helping to eliminate buildups in the container.
Thanks:Namaste: for all the advice this community is great and i am happy i joined. Hopefully they will be ok.

With
A common reason is too much water. Gotta leave them be for a while.

Your posts show you watered today and yesterday...too much. And you potted up to a 3 gal Saturday...I assume you watered when up potting. That would be 3 waterings in 5 days.

Personally, and I’ve been growing in 3 gal pots also and in veg I water about 2 liters every 5-7 days. Only about the middle of flower will I have to water about every 3-5 days until finish.

It’s not the safest way to calculate but I allowed the pot to dry just until the plant began to droop...it will look like yours but for the opposite reason, too little water. Then I water and note how long it takes to dry to that point again and begin checking the weight of the pot then.
With 2 liters of water i guess you dont get any runoff? I read that 10-20% runoff is what you are looking for?

Got home tonight, droop pretty much gone. Looking much nicer and im feeling alot more relaxed lol

Attachments

• 20190206_200907.jpg
    20190206_200907.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190206_200859.jpg
    20190206_200859.jpg
    884.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190206_200838.jpg
    20190206_200838.jpg
    835.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190206_200832.jpg
    20190206_200832.jpg
    756.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20190206_200825.jpg
    20190206_200825.jpg
    822.9 KB · Views: 13
Got home tonight, droop pretty much gone. Looking much nicer and im feeling alot more relaxed lol

Thats what i thought!!! No droop now.. you were taking the pictures either before lights off or just when they came on thats typical for them to droop during those times nobody really knows why they do that mine droop the whole time during lights out .. thats why i always ask are you taking pics after the lights come on or before they go off.. instead mostly everybody assumes overwatering but you have gave them 3 waterings in 5 days but with only a quart of water.. when you water you should be using 3/4 of a gallon for 3 gallon pots..
its hard to say without being there and knowing how heavy your pot is after watering and before watering.. you are just going to have to figure this out but its not hard at all and your still in veg so you will be ok with doing the dry in wet cycles but i don’t recommend it during flowering.
Itll be like picking up a wet towel vs a dry towel if that makes any sense

Back
Top Bottom