Help! Nutrient burn or over watering?

ZoomZ06

Hey guys I started my super silver haze on 1/4 dose nutrients and topped her yesterday. This morning I woke up to crispy dry bottom leaves. New growth seems okay. I’ve never seen this before. I think it’s an over watering issue but still pretty new so I’m unsure. Any help would be appreciated
830A29A7-E39F-45B0-A31F-1712E5AB89F2.png

Attachments

• 7E491656-6931-4919-800E-A5B0BA15DC56.png
    7E491656-6931-4919-800E-A5B0BA15DC56.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
Greetings and while you wait for a solution try these links:
Growing Marijuana
How to ask for help
@Emilya created this Watering your plants.
How often are you watering?
What nutes are you using?
I have been searching on google and all forums, nothing really looks similar to the issue I’m having. It looks like a mix of nutrient burn and overwatering but since this is my second grow I’m not 100%.
I water according to weight/look of soil. I dip my finger in and if it’s dry up to the 2nd knuckle and light I will water. I tend to go a little longer between watering, just as leaves droop a little. Sometimes it’s 2 days, sometime 3-4. I’m using the Remo supercharged kit and following which nutrients to put in but like I said went at 1/4 dosage to start. No I am not using bloom nutrients during veg lol I have heard that one before

Did those older leaves grow under a light that was less powerful then the top new leaves.Did you upgrade the light power?
Light power has stayed the same. I’m using 2 of the vipraspectra 450w which True wattage is 200w per light. So I have a total of 400 true wattage. The only change has been the nutrients and topping

Welcome Zoom, I'm not that good at diagnosing something like this. Since it happened over night and the new growth looks good, keep watching and hoping the new growth keeps going good. Weird things happen. Do you ph?
Thanks for the welcome. I’m not overly worried, the fact the new growth looks good and healthy I think the plant will be okay, just going to keep my eyes on it more frequently now. I’d just like to know what happened so I know for future grows. I do Ph. I don’t have a pen though. I take a sample add in some chemical and shake the sample and compare to a chart. I have a pen on order through amazon so I can get more accurate readings. I try to get around 6.0-6.5

Welcome to the forum @ZoomZ06 :welcome:

Good advice you're getting :thumb: ...I'd like to know what soil you're in? And, do you spray her...with water, nutrients, anything?
I’m using pro-mix HP with mycorrhizae. I’m not doing any foliage spray, I feel she might be too young for that still, plus with the fresh topping wound I wouldn’t want to get anything in there and cause infection

Thanks for the welcome. I’m not overly worried, the fact the new growth looks good and healthy I think the plant will be okay, just going to keep my eyes on it more frequently now. I’d just like to know what happened so I know for future grows. I do Ph. I don’t have a pen though. I take a sample add in some chemical and shake the sample and compare to a chart. I have a pen on order through amazon so I can get more accurate readings. I try to get around 6.0-6.5
It should straighten out. Let's see.

I’m using pro-mix HP with mycorrhizae. I’m not doing any foliage spray, I feel she might be too young for that still, plus with the fresh topping wound I wouldn’t want to get anything in there and cause infection
Okay, well she definitely wants some cal-mag, and maybe a lite feeding, since the pro-mix has no nutrient value...and I never spray my girls, unless they're sprouts or in the process of cloning (growing roots) ...but that's me...

In my personal experience and observations, the plant will try to suck stored up nutrients out of the bigger, lower fan leaves, not only to feed the buds that will grow in flower, but, also to supplement nutrients the new growth is not receiving in vegetation...good luck and keep 'em green :morenutes:

Okay, well she definitely wants some cal-mag, and maybe a lite feeding, since the pro-mix has no nutrient value...and I never spray my girls, unless they're sprouts or in the process of cloning (growing roots) ...but that's me...

In my personal experience and observations, the plant will try to suck stored up nutrients out of the bigger, lower fan leaves, not only to feed the buds that will grow in flower, but, also to supplement nutrients the new growth is not receiving in vegetation...good luck and keep 'em green :morenutes:
I add In a Cali mag and velokelp into my veg nutrients. Maybe I will increase the Cali mag to full dose and keep the others at 1/4-1/2 dose for now. I did feed it yesterday, by lite feeding, are you saying to do another feeding? Yesterday I watered With nutes until about 20% runoff, so the medium is still pretty damp and the pot is still heavy.

Back
Top Bottom