Help! Nutrient burn or over watering?

let it get taller and when it gets plenty new ones ,the older crispy ones they will die off any ways , this is my one after getting about 1 - 1 1/2 feet tall , then i can water or feed without hitting leaves and get more air around them

P1090158.JPG
:thumb: P1090158.JPG

This is why you are having problems... you are watering incorrectly. Your lower roots have shut down.
How is the correct way to water? Everywhere I have read is to water with the run off method and majority of the people use plant signs, weight and soil signs. I don’t solely rely on the finger check method if you had read everything I had explained that. I look for drooping leaves and then use the finger to make sure the soil is dry and not drooping from over watering. Is there something I am missing here?

This is why you are having problems... you are watering incorrectly. Your lower roots have shut down.
Also I have read your proper way to water post prior to planting these and that’s the method I have been using. I’m not trying to come off as a an asshole I’m just curious if there was something I was missing

How is the correct way to water? Everywhere I have read is to water with the run off method and majority of the people use plant signs, weight and soil signs. I don’t solely rely on the finger check method if you had read everything I had explained that. I look for drooping leaves and then use the finger to make sure the soil is dry and not drooping from over watering. Is there something I am missing here?
lots...
Hi @ZoomZ06 and welcome to the forum! Watering to runoff is correct. You can not overwater a plant by giving it too much water in one session, extra simply runs off. You are overwatering by watering too often by relying on the finger method. You say you are watering by weight, but I don't think you are going far enough with it. If you can lift up your container and then comparing it to a similar container filled with DRY soil, you should not be able to feel any water weight at all if it is time to water. Your plant should be as dry as the Sahara Desert, and surely you would think you are killing your plant by going so dry. By sticking your finger in the top, you have no idea what is going on at the very bottom of the container, actually the most important place. By watering before the plant dries out all the way down to the bottom feeder roots, you are keeping those roots under water all the time, and they never get oxygen. Your plant thinks it is in a flood, so it has protected itself by shutting down those roots until the flood waters recede, and without their powerful suction, your plant can no longer get the water it needs to stand up strongly and point to the light, and it is having problems getting nutrition.
Please read my article on how to properly water a potted plant for more details. You are mentioned in there... a finger waterer.

lots...
Hi @ZoomZ06 and welcome to the forum! Watering to runoff is correct. You can not overwater a plant by giving it too much water in one session, extra simply runs off. You are overwatering by watering too often by relying on the finger method. You say you are watering by weight, but I don't think you are going far enough with it. If you can lift up your container and then comparing it to a similar container filled with DRY soil, you should not be able to feel any water weight at all if it is time to water. Your plant should be as dry as the Sahara Desert, and surely you would think you are killing your plant by going so dry. By sticking your finger in the top, you have no idea what is going on at the very bottom of the container, actually the most important place. By watering before the plant dries out all the way down to the bottom feeder roots, you are keeping those roots under water all the time, and they never get oxygen. Your plant thinks it is in a flood, so it has protected itself by shutting down those roots until the flood waters recede, and without their powerful suction, your plant can no longer get the water it needs to stand up strongly and point to the light, and it is having problems getting nutrition.
Please read my article on how to properly water a potted plant for more details. You are mentioned in there... a finger waterer.
I had read it weeks ago, last night and read it over again today. I have 2 plants going right now and I watered until run off on one and compared to the plant that hadn’t been watered so I had an idea of wet to dry. My guess is like you said the other plant wasn’t fully dry which gave me a false sense of dryness. I’ll dry these out completely and religiously follow your watering guide. I love how in depth you explained the watering process of working outwards in a spiral, something that I had never read before. Thanks for the more in depth advice

PS although you got a really good answer from Emilya

some of us like my self have a short attention span adhd and possible MS or fibro or both lol, you prob notice i edit my posts as they never ever make sense and its difficult now to think, so ill leave the short and sweet versions for others like me :)

Half nutty half psycho :snowboating:

PS although you got a really good answer from Emilya

some of us like my self have a short attention span adhd and possible MS or fibro or both lol, you prob notice i edit my posts as they never ever make sense and its difficult now to think, so ill leave the short and sweet versions for others like me :)

Half nutty half psycho :snowboating:
I think that was my issue too. Skimmed over Emilya’s thread and didn’t take the time to fully put the thought into it. That is why I grow, self medicate for my adhd ocd

I think that was my issue too. Skimmed over Emilya’s thread and didn’t take the time to fully put the thought into it. That is why I grow, self medicate for my adhd ocd
That is why I bookmark specific topics/replies. The link I provided for watering your plant is one I have bookmarked. Thanks to @Emilya

This thread has been moved to Problems, Pests & Disease Control.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

Hey everyone figured I’d give a little update. I haven’t watered for 5 days now. One of my girls (the one without the problems) is VERY light and I notice a strong smell opening the tent. She’s not drooping leaves yet. I was very tempted to give her a feeding today but going against my current record I’m going to give it another day. The one with the over watering issue is looking healthier, her damaged leaves are crumbling but the new growth is coming in strong. I just want to say thank you again to everyone and thank you for the warm welcomes. This place truly does feel like a family

Attachments

• 5E1367F8-2C7B-4012-9651-E4A31E88E232.jpeg
    5E1367F8-2C7B-4012-9651-E4A31E88E232.jpeg
    861 KB · Views: 32
  • BBB80605-1C6B-43BA-A62F-58D9BAEDA517.jpeg
    BBB80605-1C6B-43BA-A62F-58D9BAEDA517.jpeg
    895 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom