Help: Plant been sick for over a month

Thats frosty and looks tasty as ever, you’ve done a remarkable job. Homegrown used to be a dirty word on the streets - now we all know it’s premium grade herb
Do you know why this is? I remember growing up and always thinking homegrown is synonym to trash, and I also remember getting older and thinking homegrown is premium shit. I have no idea where my thoughts/perceptions made the transition along the line...

Same here, I guess we all tried a buddies homegrown that wasn’t grown well and they had no clue how to cure it so it tasted like a combo of fresh hay and dog shit! Not too appealing huh? But now you (we all) know what premium bud tastes like
Hoping I can nail my curing. So far the drying is going well. The temperature in my cabinet is an average of 21C, peaking at 23C in the afternoon. Humidity is usually around 50-55% - never above 60%.

I'm storing my mushrooms in the same cabinet, so the lower temperature messes with their colonization, but I have to pick the lesser evil for now. Once drying is done ill figure a way to heat up that cabinet a few degrees, to about 28C.

This leads me to the question... is there an ideal temperature to store the curing jars in? They will be in the dark, but im curious as to whether 21C vs 28C would be better for curing. I'll have to make space elsewhere to cure if the higher temps are undesirable.

MJ not looking good. I lowered lights for both plants but left MJs slightly higher than CB. For some reason, MJ is displaying this while CB is not as much. Guesss i should harvest those before I lose them for good?

20210528_083904.jpg

20210528_083713.jpg

20210528_083707.jpg

MJ not looking good. I lowered lights for both plants but left MJs slightly higher than CB. For some reason, MJ is displaying this while CB is not as much. Guesss i should harvest those before I lose them for good?

20210528_083904.jpg

20210528_083713.jpg

20210528_083707.jpg
Am I seeing mold on one of the buds? The first pic and the bud with the scrog net passing next to it

Time to dry trim. My scale is really inaccurate, so I'll be off by some grams for sure - but we can get an idea. Will update after i trim it.

Smoked some of my bud that cured for a week only (just a tester/sample), and oh man.... im feeling it

16224830833945651074802305575835.jpg

16224830969376343707022579139174.jpg

16224831314505507129769810615788.jpg

16224847212507913034130526076211.jpg

Humidity is awful low... I have the boveda packs but I read that it ruins the aromas of the cannabis if used for curing, instead of long term storage. Any tips on how I can raise the RH without them? I guess putting fresh fan leaves inside?

16225529670696087844205783182907.jpg

Damn Parra that sure looks like dank ganja to me!!!

Yes a chuck of stem can raise rh, but also don’t trust those cheapie hygrometers just yet, put all of them in the same jar for an hour along with some bud to see if they all give same reading. I’ve got what appears to be the very same kind but this shit we buy is cheap assed merch from the orient

Damn Parra that sure looks like dank ganja to me!!!

Yes a chuck of stem can raise rh, but also don’t trust those cheapie hygrometers just yet, put all of them in the same jar for an hour along with some bud to see if they all give same reading. I’ve got what appears to be the very same kind but this shit we buy is cheap assed merch from the orient
Thank you my man! Thats what happens when we cheap out

I'll conduct that test and also look into adding some stems or leaves in my jar

Long story short but I bought a hygrometers at my local hydro store and found it was 9 degrees off on temp reading. I returned it for an exchange and went thru a dozen brand new in the box tent hygrometers to find one that gave decent readings.... of course I carried 4 of my hygrometers to compare against.

some use fresh lemon or lime peels...

Long story short but I bought a hygrometers at my local hydro store and found it was 9 degrees off on temp reading. I returned it for an exchange and went thru a dozen brand new in the box tent hygrometers to find one that gave decent readings.... of course I carried 4 of my hygrometers to compare against.

some use fresh lemon or lime peels...
This is my current situation right now...... one thing is for sure, the small hygrometers are shit. They all have 46 or 47% reading, regardless of the environment. At least my other 2 (although they don't match) vary un humidity and temperature based on the location i place them in.

16225668637257148769501798502545.jpg

Yes, seems to be standard fare and how many folks are relying on 1 inaccurate device?
So..... turns out they just needed some time to adjust. They are accurate... so the jars are low humidity. Oh jeez...

I'm not sure if I should use the boveda now or try the lemon peel/stems and hope for the best...

I've never noticed any taste from the Boveda. But that said, I also don't think adding moisture back in at this point is especially helpful if the buds have dried below 58% completely. It's my understanding that curing is a function of microbes working - which they stop doing when the moisture is too low. I guess it is still useful to add moisture enough to make them burn more slowly/steadily.
Also, maybe I am completely wrong and someone will explain it to me now :D

toss up on that one, I recall I think someone saying that bovedas might impart a funky taste but idk. Either option should be fine
Not having a good day at all today mate... I spent so much time and effort into this grow.... only to get to the curing part and not be able to do it. I followed all advice on the internet, to dry the bud until the stem snaps, not breaks. Did that, and now I'm stuck with bud too dry to cure. I'm so upset right now I'm controlling myself from using profanity every other word right now.

@Emilya, what do you think is the lesser evil? I'm stuck between leaving them as they are, and not burping them, or increasing their RH via Boveda or lemon peels or fan leaves. Im reading online that its too late to cure, even if I raise RH...

I was going to continue drying some buds from the staggered harvest, but instead im going to start curing them now and just burp more often.

Back
Top Bottom