Help: Plant been sick for over a month

My eyes aren't great, but it doesn't look like mold to me. Sometimes there is an obvious smell if mold is present, but don't do any deep sniffing of it - if it were/is mold it could go into your lungs. If you are unsure, just isolate it and/or toss it.
Yeah im not too sure. I saw the same thing on another nug. Its 2AM, I just inspected the plant for a couple of hours and everything else seems fine. I removed both nugs, and the potential mold from the nugs. I also shaved around the area where the mold was, and im going to dry these nugs in an isolated environment and see if they dry fine.

Edit: I did some research and I feel like it was bud rot. I wish I didn't throw out the nugs and inspected under the microscope. Ugh... Im hoping the spores didn't spread

I was going to harvest shortly, would you recommend waiting for lights to go back on to harvest (early morning for plant)? Or can I do it right now, as it's middle of the night for the plant? It is day for me, and I can darken my apartment as much as possible, but it won't be as dark as the grow tent itself. Would 30 minutes of this environment stress the plant?

It is also a cloudy/rainy day, so not a lot of sun - just natural brightness.

You're doing a partial harvest right? I think one time in the off-hours light will not be an issue. Make sure to adjust the height of the plant, or the light, after you harvest :) Enjoy your harvest!

You're doing a partial harvest right? I think one time in the off-hours light will not be an issue. Make sure to adjust the height of the plant, or the light, after you harvest :) Enjoy your harvest!
Yes, partial harvest. I read there are certain times that are better than others. Nothing conclusive on whether middle of night to early morning makes a huge difference, but definitely not ideal to do it in the middle of the day (for the plant).

So I just want to do what's best, and in my mind, if the plant is used to specific schedule, than the plant will know when the morning time comes - and thus it will prepare itself for the day that is coming up ahead. This is why I would like to do it before the morning time, more like the middle of the night when the plant is not expecting daylight. Maybe not the smartest logic... but hey, I'm trying!

Yes, partial harvest. I read there are certain times that are better than others. Nothing conclusive on whether middle of night to early morning makes a huge difference, but definitely not ideal to do it in the middle of the day (for the plant).

So I just want to do what's best, and in my mind, if the plant is used to specific schedule, than the plant will know when the morning time comes - and thus it will prepare itself for the day that is coming up ahead. This is why I would like to do it before the morning time, more like the middle of the night when the plant is not expecting daylight. Maybe not the smartest logic... but hey, I'm trying!
You are trying, and it's adorable:green_heart:. I'm guilty of this almost always, so I can recognize it in you. You are just overthinking it, the plants will be fine whichever way you decide to do it. :goodjob:

Some pictures from the harvest.

Put some nugs in water and covered with a bag. Let's see if we notice any differences

20210523_182007.jpg

20210523_181759.jpg

20210523_182956.jpg

20210523_224355.jpg

20210523_224401.jpg

16218392898067209000119773711744.jpg

Training them again and I bent the stems down so much that they ripped down the middle. There is a myth that this additional stress can also be desired, but after chopping all those colas... who knows. I guess we'll see how she reacts.

16218391601268087046322018457935.jpg

16218391768973168647624136623408.jpg

16218392500944553607572707561284.jpg

Looks Great!
These plants are so ridiculously good at recovering from stuff like that. My first grow, the main stalk of one plant split in two because the flowers were heavy and I didn't have any support for them. I'm talking a 4 foot split, right up the middle. All I did (yes I was terrible) was stand the two bits back up together and leaned them on the wall. That plant continued growing for 6 more weeks and ended up with the best flowers (and the darkest for some reason, seeds) out of the bunch. I don't know if it could do that right at the end, but I *think* it will be fine.

I cut the nug off, just in case... Im not sure if its mold or not.

it doesn't look like it's too far inside. you kind of have to split the bud in two to really look at it. if bad it will look slightly greyish-brownish in the middle.

stuff is hard to beat back. it occurs naturally everywhere and doesn't need a pile to take hold. it's super hard to bring an outdoor grow in here because of both mold and late season temps. one gets you if the other doesn't half the time.

My eyes aren't great, but it doesn't look like mold to me. Sometimes there is an obvious smell if mold is present, but don't do any deep sniffing of it - if it were/is mold it could go into your lungs. If you are unsure, just isolate it and/or toss it.

agree. i know folk that'd press it or make oil, but i've never been comfortable with that myself.
i'm curious if anyone knows what the exposure danger is using it that way.

Also, I wanted to give 48hrs darkness before chopping them, but since I'm staggering my harvest I can't.

i usually mono-crop, meaning i don't stagger harvest at all if i can avoid it. tough to do with different strains / phenos.

i don't do a planned dark period. at harvest i strip the fans, and while they are still standing, toss them back in the grow space with the light off til i'm done stripping them. usually takes a day or two as i'm slow. while standing i leave them watered on just water and cal-mag, sometimes not even the cal mag.

i chop and hang after the last of them are done getting stripped. the final bunch don't get a full 48hrs. doing it this way allows me to stretch the harvest out a bit without having to do marathon chop and strip days.

it doesn't look like it's too far inside. you kind of have to split the bud in two to really look at it. if bad it will look slightly greyish-brownish in the middle.

I honestly can't tell what it is. Found a couple more nugs that had this.

Put it under the microscope but I dont see anything that stands out to me.

Hard to tell in this picture, but it really stands out from the rest of the nug. The nug looks green and this looks brown beside it.

2021_05_24_14_26_04_142.jpg

2021_05_24_14_22_49_779.jpg

2021_05_24_14_20_34_175.jpg

2021_05_24_14_20_54_519.jpg

2021_05_24_14_26_20_484.jpg

16218987821881806164351905427763.jpg

Are the first pics all closeups of the last? I don't see anything odd in those first pics. The last pic only looks more brown because some of the leaves appear to have died/dried up before you harvested. What the actual reason for that tho, I am not clear on. But I don't think it's mold, as you would see some evidence of that on those closeups.

Are the first pics all closeups of the last? I don't see anything odd in those first pics. The last pic only looks more brown because some of the leaves appear to have died/dried up before you harvested. What the actual reason for that tho, I am not clear on. But I don't think it's mold, as you would see some evidence of that on those closeups.
Yes, those are the closeups of the last nug. It is a part of a larger cola that had a similar look to the one in this post Help: Plant been sick for over a month.

I couldn't quite tell if it was mold or rotting, but it definitely looked off. And it was in the middle of the cola, random spot. I didn't notice any foul smell, and I don't see it spreading on the nugs I removed it from (currently drying in a separate place from the rest of the harvest)
Do you have any idea what this could be @Emilya ?

Yes, those are the closeups of the last nug. It is a part of a larger cola that had a similar look to the one in this post Help: Plant been sick for over a month.

I couldn't quite tell if it was mold or rotting, but it definitely looked off. And it was in the middle of the cola, random spot. I didn't notice any foul smell, and I don't see it spreading on the nugs I removed it from (currently drying in a separate place from the rest of the harvest)
Do you have any idea what this could be @Emilya ?
It looks bleached out, like it was too close to the light... easy to do with today's high power lights.

It looks bleached out, like it was too close to the light... easy to do with today's high power lights.
Interesting. How come the trichomes look so white? Not many ambered. Do you know what the effect on the quality of the bud would be?

I maybe have 0.2g of bud like this, but I am curious lol. My guess.... taste, smell and look? But would still produce the desired outcome.

I have a UV light in my aquarium water flow that zaps bacteria, algae and such going past it... it doesn't kill them, but it wrecks their dna so the cells cant divide correctly. A very bright grow light is going to do the same to a bud... it just won't be able to do what it should do, and the bud will remain immature and not totally formed, and usually white and bleached out. They say that over 80k lumens is lethal to the bud... your bud is an example of what can happen.

I have a UV light in my aquarium water flow that zaps bacteria, algae and such going past it... it doesn't kill them, but it wrecks their dna so the cells cant divide correctly. A very bright grow light is going to do the same to a bud... it just won't be able to do what it should do, and the bud will remain immature and not totally formed, and usually white and bleached out. They say that over 80k lumens is lethal to the bud... your bud is an example of what can happen.
Thanks Emilya. Interesting that very few spots experienced this issue, but I'm glad it was just a few. it also happened on nugs that are furthest away from the exhaust fan cylinder.
Nice honking stalk there, what did you use Stihl chain saw or DeWalt sawzall?

You gotta smoke a fattie sampler and yell Timber....
Actually thinking of making a pipe out of it :Namaste: :ganjamon::bong:

Anyone remember how they felt after their first harvest? Yeah, feels gooood! lol.

everything looks choice here unless i see another pic that looks otherwise.
could cook a while more but still looks good.

Back
Top Bottom