Help please: no smell or taste

Frankster1803

420 Member
Really need some help my buds have been drying 7 days and lost smell we took one and smoked (thought they were ready ) no taste at all very little hi feeling sad Thyre still drying pics attached any advice welcom

2BC22BD2-0C47-4037-8BB0-A6A7FCCAD8F0.jpeg

CE93A41C-8E4C-47D3-836B-41083BE66A76.jpeg

You were advised by a so called experienced grower that those were ready to chop? You should place that user(users) on ignore. The calyxes (seed pods) haven't even begun to swell and all those hairs are pretty lively.
Nothing is going to change no mater how long you dry/cure.
The calyxes on a ripe bud swell up like popped popcorn and appear to engulf ALL the pistils as they ALL turn color and die back. Better luck and better advice next time.
176B3F5E-B22A-41A6-A2F0-24751A72CE28.jpeg

@Frankster1803 I apologize for who ever told you to harvest.

Even thou the images are not the best; it is easy to tell that you have way to many white pistil. They need to be brown not white before you want to check your trichomes.

The only thing I can tell you, is take it as a lesson learned.

Not all growers are at the level to give any kind of advise.
If new growers would read a couple of journals in the style they want to grow; they would learn a lot more than taking the advise of another grower that is still trying to learn to grow their self.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Some hopefully better pics for future reference how much longer should these have been left to flower ?? Should I call it a day and bin or would u advice continue to dry and cure ??

456AAD76-E3B4-4D9B-ADDD-C257AEA2C6CA.jpeg

098B1D68-F8F1-48D5-B191-AB54C5038FBF.jpeg

46D6DB0B-5202-4FEE-89FD-87988796A109.jpeg

18C50B0F-7D23-4C33-82D0-80E0BD1245FD.jpeg
You are looking for answers you want to hear. That’s why your bud got chopper so early. If you asked on here, I have a hard time believing that everyone who responded told you it was ready. You probably got a single response that it was ready and multiple responses to wait. Learn what a ripe bud looks like. I already told you how much longer it needed on post #2.
Next grow—when it looks like those pictures—consider yourself ½ way there.
If that’s really 9 weeks of 12 12 you need better lighting. Those hybrids should finish up in about 9.5–10 weeks of 12 12

Check my feeds I got a couple responses 1/2 week ready that’s what I done you live and learn most puzzling this came from a cutting followed their growers lead on everything grew under x2 600 hps 11 plants perfect conditions , not looking for anything other than advice so next time I do better , could over crowding have effected ?

Check my feeds I got a couple responses 1/2 week ready that’s what I done you live and learn most puzzling this came from a cutting followed their growers lead on everything grew under x2 600 hps 11 plants perfect conditions , not looking for anything other than advice so next time I do better , could over crowding have effected ?
No mate - I've done 9 plants in 30" sq tent/3L pots with no problems

I’m not going to go dig up any feeds😎 Lights sound good. Maybe a lil too much nitrogen in flower. They look super leafy—Buds should be more developed at 9 weeks into flower.
Truth be told, you did a pretty good job for your first grow—it just pisses me off that people on here with little more experience than you is giving awful advice. A few more weeks and you would of had some decent smoke for yourself and friends.
Your next grow is going to be MUCH better.

:welcome: to the forum @Frankster1803 :passitleft:...haven't been on here in a while :hmmmm: so I'm probably coming in near the middle, but...get yourself a loupe so you can see the trichomes turn from clear to cloudy to milky to amber...I like mine about 10-15% amber :thumb:

And if you still want to guess at it, wait till most to all pistils are reddish brown and curling down...and she'll stop drinking so much and feed off of her leaves, so they will turn yellow and die off...don't start your "flowering count" until you see little puffs of pistils forming, I call it buttons, and that is start time :thumb:

:welcome: to the forum @Frankster1803 :passitleft:...haven't been on here in a while :hmmmm: so I'm probably coming in near the middle, but...get yourself a loupe so you can see the trichomes turn from clear to cloudy to milky to amber...I like mine about 10-15% amber :thumb:

And if you still want to guess at it, wait till most to all pistils are reddish brown and curling down...and she'll stop drinking so much and feed off of her leaves, so they will turn yellow and die off...don't start your "flowering count" until you see little puffs of pistils forming, I call it buttons, and that is start time :thumb:
Makes sense now then puffs of pistils arrived about 2 week ago 🙈🙈🙈 arggggggg what a shame but we go again 😂😂😂

I’m not going to go dig up any feeds😎 Lights sound good. Maybe a lil too much nitrogen in flower. They look super leafy—Buds should be more developed at 9 weeks into flower.
Truth be told, you did a pretty good job for your first grow—it just pisses me off that people on here with little more experience than you is giving awful advice. A few more weeks and you would of had some decent smoke for yourself and friends.
Your next grow is going to be MUCH better.
Think it pisses us all off when bum advice is dished out but it can often be put down to people either misinterpreting a question that was not specific enough or writing a reply that is also not clear and specific
A common problem on blogs; the transition from colloquial language to written text something is lost in translation
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom