Help please with determining sex

MrPeab

Hi there, this is actually my first grow. I chose to use seeds instead of clones because I was told that the yield would be better and really I have a bunch of seeds I wanted to use and save from buying clones. Anyhow good decision or bad one theses are the cards I have been dealt so I need to watch for females or males in my plants.

I was hoping I could take some pictures and get good enough photos that someone would be able to tell me if they were male or female.

Plant 1:
11634.jpg

Plant 2:
2c5.jpg

Plant 3:
3c1.jpg

Plant 4:
4a7.jpg

Plant 5:
5c1.jpg

Plant 6:
6b3.jpg

Plant 7:
7c.jpg

Plant 8:
8a2.jpg

Plant 9:
9a.jpg

Plant 10:
10b.jpg

Plant 11:
11b.jpg

Re: Help please with determining sex.

They have been in the ground I think since the end of May. I have other photos I am trying to locate with date on them from around the time I put them in the ground. I will take more pics today and see if I can get a better view. Hopefully tonight I will post a new album of photos.

If they have been in the ground Since may, they should already have tiny pre-flowers on them... Might have a bunch of males... Just give it time, put them into 12/12 lighting hours to sex them.

I am in Central California, and yes by in the ground I do mean outdoors. I say this is my first grow. It is my first of this many plants and with my prescription and support of the local authorities. I grew 3 plants a few years ago same way with seed and they are acting the same way and looking the same. I had all females that year and from what I see they are looking the same way. I just want to be accurate and on top of it. Back than I didnt have such experts and kind people available to help me out.

Thanks so far for your input.

It is August 4 and my plants are growing bigger and looking good. I noticed that 2 plants are showing what appear to me to be seed type pods. Is this the look of what would be a male plant? Is it still too soon to for them to start showing sex or have I got myself a couple of male plants that need to be pulled up right away?

I appreciate all of your input and help.

Thank You.

Sex_8_4a.png

Sex_8_4c.png

Sex_8_4b.png

Sorry mate.. I have to say the same, got a bunch of nuts there!! BLOKES ONLY..LOL. Pricks when that happens..
I dont know if ive just been extremely lucky or what but in my 16 yrs i have only got one male?? And most my grows have been bag seed..Not feminized. My lotto numbers dont come up tho!!

Yes this is my first males. So I need to yank those 2 plants right away? what is the possibility that the others will be female? I put 16 plants in the ground just in case I had to yank some males. All of the plants wont become male will they?

Yes, yank the males unless you want to make seeds. The chance of a seed being female is 50/50. That being said I have had times I've planted 10 seeds and 9 were male, so you never know. With 16 plants you are bound to get some females.
Good luck!

Yep.. I must be a luck bugger?? One male out of 16 yrs growing, non feminized seeds, mostly bag seed..

I appreciate all of your expert help. You all are amazing, and it is great how you take the time to help people out.

Here is a new set of photos taken today. There are 14 plants (one I am sure is male) I was hoping that if you have time you could look at each photo and give me your expert opinion. If possible, could you provide me with your opinion in the following format?

(M) (F) (Unk) (To Early) (Need better photo)

Plant 1
Aug5_0101.jpg

Plant 2
Aug5_021.jpg

Plant 3
Aug5_031.jpg

Plant 4
Aug5_041.jpg

Plant 5
Aug5_051.jpg

Plant 6
Aug5_061.jpg

Plant 7
Aug5_071.jpg

Plant 8
Aug5_081.jpg

Plant 9
Aug5_091.jpg

Plant 10
Aug5_0102.jpg

Plant 11.
Aug5_0111.jpg

Plant 12
Aug5_0121.jpg

Plant 13
Aug5_0131.jpg

Plant 14
Aug5_0141.jpg

Thank you very much

2 and 3 are males...couldn't see anything for sure on the others. The good news is that males usually show first, so there is hope! Good luck. :peace:

Well I thought that 2 and 3 were also males. In fact it was obvious about 2 and it is already garbage. 3 is coming out in just a few minutes. I better take a closer look at 11 and watch them real closely each day now as it appears they can change on a dime.

Thank you all so very much. I will continue to keep you all updated.

OK experts. You guys sure have educated me on plant sex. In the last group of photos there was a suggestion to take a closer look at plant 11. Well it was a good thing, based on these photos I am assuming this one is a male also. Here is a link for the photos to plant 11.

Photobucket | The safer way to store your photos

I have another question. How far along does the male have to be before he can pollinate my other plants?

I think that there are some real good photos here and could be used in a section on the forum for showing what to look at in determining the sex of a plant. If anyone knows who would be responsible for that, they can tell them that it is ok to take the pictures.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom