Help please

You said you are running a TS1000 ? If yes put the light about 18" - 20" above the plant on 50% & then increase the light little by little. That's not a real strong light & you lose a lot of PAR if it's too high. Closer is better.
And a pencil, small stick or something to hold the girl up.
It's pretty tall & lanky so I'd just water less than a 1/4 cup every 3 - 4 days. If you water too much the stem seems to get weak IMO.
So I have it 30 inches away from plants and it's on notch 3, u saying turn it up 50% and move light closer?? will it burn my newborns??

30" is a long way. 24" max at this point. I like to go a little closer to keep my plants shorter.
Here's a pic of how my light are now above my plants. This helps keep them short & bushy.
7-195.JPG

30" is a long way. 24" max at this point. I like to go a little closer to keep my plants shorter.
Here's a pic of how my light are now above my plants. This helps keep them short & bushy.
7-195.JPG
What about turning light up at this stage my babies are literally 2 weeks old. Do I do 50% now or wait?

This thread has been moved to FAQs.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

With the light being that high will it make em grow faster, im crazy ass patient EXCEPT doing this lol
Not Faster. Taller & Skinnier with far apart node spacing. Far apart node spacing means small buds. You want to keep the node spacing close to make big buds. To do that you have to keep you lights low.
This is what I end up with in the end.
6-456 (2).JPG
6-450.JPG
6-447.JPG

Not Faster. Taller & Skinnier with far apart node spacing. Far apart node spacing means small buds. You want to keep the node spacing close to make big buds. To do that you have to keep you lights low.
This is what I end up with in the end.
6-456 (2).JPG
6-450.JPG
6-447.JPG
Omg beautiful And I was talking about temperature being at 50% to start off with. I already brought the light down closer to them but the temperature on the marshydro ts1000 is at the 3rd notch from the lowest setting. So what ya sayin is turn up the light to 50% while they are how they are?? Sorry for so may questions but I'm trying so hard to grow this I'm so tired of making someone else rich with my money lol

Yes, turn it up to 50% with the lights lowered. Once you get about 5 - 6 sets of leaves start turning it up to 75% maybe 1 number at a time every 2 - 3 days. 2 - 3 days will give you enough time to see how the plants react. If the leaves start getting Taco Shaped the light is too bright. If leaves start pointing upwards toward the light you are pretty close to perfect. If the leaves are kind of droopy your lights probably still a little high (unless the plant is over watered). If over watered the leaves will droop also.

Yes, turn it up to 50% with the lights lowered. Once you get about 5 - 6 sets of leaves start turning it up to 75% maybe 1 number at a time every 2 - 3 days. 2 - 3 days will give you enough time to see how the plants react. If the leaves start getting Taco Shaped the light is too bright. If leaves start pointing upwards toward the light you are pretty close to perfect. If the leaves are kind of droopy your lights probably still a little high (unless the plant is over watered). If over watered the leaves will droop also.
Good morning friend I'm turning up now I keep ya posted

Good morning can ya tell me if the look ok please, the amnesia I hat to use a popsicle stick to hold it up imnot sure shes going to make it. Do they look yellow to ya??

Attachments

• 20200730_080950.jpg
    20200730_080950.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • 20200729_154308.jpg
    20200729_154308.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
  • 20200729_154301.jpg
    20200729_154301.jpg
    729.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200729_154254.jpg
    20200729_154254.jpg
    921.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20200729_154223.jpg
    20200729_154223.jpg
    977 KB · Views: 50
Hey @Mizztrish411 , thanks for sharing your gals, they look great! I don't have any novel advice other than what you have already heard from @Buds Buddy and @MrSauga.

I'll start by just saying that what you are feeling are pretty normal first-time-grower anxieties. It is true that there is a lot to learn, but you can rest assured that the gals want to grow and produce just as intensely as you want them to. As such, your role is not so much to do a series of things to them, but with them. This honestly is not mere sentimentality or "hippy-dippy" nonsense; there really is a partnership that develops, and this should put you more at ease knowing that their happiness and productivity isn't actually 100% your responsibility! In other words, we don't have to make them do anything, our job is to let them do what they already want to do (up to a point, that is, but

At this point your gals look pretty happy, and you're definitely facilitating their growth - I would reiterate advice already given that (1) at worst they seem a little "stretchy" for seedlings, and lowering your lights will help keep them a little shorter and under better control and (2) develop a sense of when to water by getting a sense of the weight of the cups (just fill one with dry soil, note its lightness, then water it until you get a little runoff, and note its heft - I know this has been said above, but it really is one of the most important things to internalize).

Will you use the TS-1000 for the whole grow, or will you add more lights? Not a crucial question this instant, but something to think about in the long run.

Really well done so far, and I can't wait to see how they progress!

Hey @Mizztrish411 , thanks for sharing your gals, they look great! I don't have any novel advice other than what you have already heard from @Buds Buddy and @MrSauga.

I'll start by just saying that what you are feeling are pretty normal first-time-grower anxieties. It is true that there is a lot to learn, but you can rest assured that the gals want to grow and produce just as intensely as you want them to. As such, your role is not so much to do a series of things to them, but with them. This honestly is not mere sentimentality or "hippy-dippy" nonsense; there really is a partnership that develops, and this should put you more at ease knowing that their happiness and productivity isn't actually 100% your responsibility! In other words, we don't have to make them do anything, our job is to let them do what they already want to do (up to a point, that is, but

At this point your gals look pretty happy, and you're definitely facilitating their growth - I would reiterate advice already given that (1) at worst they seem a little "stretchy" for seedlings, and lowering your lights will help keep them a little shorter and under better control and (2) develop a sense of when to water by getting a sense of the weight of the cups (just fill one with dry soil, note its lightness, then water it until you get a little runoff, and note its heft - I know this has been said above, but it really is one of the most important things to internalize).

Will you use the TS-1000 for the whole grow, or will you add more lights? Not a crucial question this instant, but something to think about in the long run.

Really well done so far, and I can't wait to see how they progress!
I will use the Ts 1000 for the whole grow. And I was wondering if I need to use perlite in my Fox Farm ocean forrest when I repot to my 5 gallon pots that will be the final pot for the rest of the grow

And thank you
No problem, that's what we're here for!

As for the perlite, I would guess yes for the sake of aeration and water retention, but I don't grow in soil (I grow organically with heavily amended coco), so the other contributors to this thread will probably have a clearer notion.

I know FFOF has a LOT of great nutes and microbial life right out of the bag (it's almost like a "plug-n-play" soil), but I'm sure you'll get good advice as to how to proceed generally.

Back
Top Bottom