HELP please

bigguywv

ive never grown before and i was gonna start growing on my birth day 7/24 well tommorow i live in the shitty usa (eastcoast i dont know if that matters ) . and ive read damn near every web site out there on growing and they all contradict each other i have no clue what to buy help im doing a indoor set up and i wanted something simple i have 10 seeds that im gonna be germing starting tonight please help me out i need to know pretty much every thing-----> soil pots fertilizer everything lol... i have 100$ i hoping thats enough i wanna try to get everything from walmart cause thats the cheapest place in my town to buy stuff once again please help me..
:hmmmm:

Need a little more info, so your gonna have to make some decsions before anyone could help you. . . What kind of space do you have for the grow? Is a grow box included in the $100 cost? How many plants do you want?
You realize of course your gonna get out of this grow, exactly what you put into it. . . I think you might want to save up some more money, before you germinate those seeds. I'll try to give you an idea of Some of the things that'll be part of your "$100". . .

-High quality power strip with surge protector. . (need to protect yourself, can't afford to be cheap here. . .) $30 - $80. . .
-I gonna guess your going to use CFL's. . . I don't know what wally world carries, but home depot has n-vision brand tat are good and reasonably priced. $6-$7 each. . . sometimes get a good deal on a multi pack.. .
- how are you going to mount the lights? you could buy adapters so they could plug right into a power strip. . that way you could get 3 bulbs per strip. . .
-which means you need more power strips. . you don't have to go as high quality here, you would have this all pug into the main better one anyhow, but I would at least make sure there is a rest switch on the strip.
- Are you going to vent this grow? Is heat going to be an issue?

Of course there are many grows where some one stuck a seed in miricle grow and placed a couple of clamp lamps with cfl's around it. . . In the corner of a room or something. . . But as I said before, your gonna get out of it, what you put in it. . . When you answer some of these questions, we can give more advice. . . Good Luck man!! :bongrip:

Bagz :peace:

i was just gonna use my closet it sounds stupid but for my first time im probally gonna start all 10 seed and just kinda see where it goes from there i really didnt know that much on the whole lighting aspect of the closet i was thinking about honestly i have no clue lol.. i am a firm beliver in the philosophy "you pay for what you get" but i didnt want to sink alot of money into it for my first time i was just kinda trying to scrape by with the cheapest way for now and if growing is something i enjoy then i was gonna update later.

oh yeah heat shouldnt be an issuse im up in the mt of west va so i dont think that would be a problem year round my place stay at about 70 degrees during the day and about 60 at night

Even with CFL's your gonna have a little heat. . . combined with a plant or 2 and humidity starts to pick up a bit. . venilation is important. . . and is overlooked by a lot of new growers. . .even if you have to use an oscilating fan with the door cracked. . .not optimal, but better than none at all. . . Oh and I am assuming this closet is empty, I have seen grwers try to grow under their hanging clothes. . . they will smell funky. . . and eventually, during the later stages, will smell like pot. . . speaking of odor, thats something your gonna have to think about down the line too. . . The odor will leak out of your closet. . . I'll give you an example of how strong 1 plant can smell. . . When I first built my box, I used old CPU fans and old adapters I had laying around for ventilation. One day I hadn't realized that my exhaust fan burned out, and in a period of 2 days, the smell from the 6th week of flowering bagseed filled my basement, and crept upto the 1st floor of my house. . . This was 1, bagseed plant. . . no special strains. . .

Anyway, just some things to muddle through while your planning your grow. . . keep us updated, and anymore questions or help that you need, feel free to ask or PM me. . .Good luck man. .

Bagz :peace:

Hey there Big Guy, loved the tune , and loved the 420 banner. I hope our grow gurus can walk you through your first grow so that it is a success. I would hate for you to not set up right (ie spending money for the right lights, etc.) and be turned off growing cos it bummed you out. Bagz and Mago man are two of our grow gurus so you have great support to start with.
All the best matey!

Starting with CFL's is a good way to get into the hobby. Just don't expect huge crops to start and you won't be disappointed. Just work on your technique for a couple crops and not focus on production just yet.

We're here to teach and learn.

Keep after it!
Akorn

Starting with CFL's is a good way to get into the hobby. Just don't expect huge crops to start and you won't be disappointed. Just work on your technique for a couple crops and not focus on production just yet.

We're here to teach and learn.

Keep after it!
Akorn

I fully agree. Go small to try it out. This way you will learn how to feed and care for your plant. Don't worry about growing 10 plants and having a massive harvest, because that won't happen in a crowded closet with CFLs anyway. Once you get the basics down you can move up from there.

Back
Top Bottom