Help pollen sacs week 6 flower

OxRedeye

Hi guys new around here, I really need some help I have a few issues that's really giving me a headache.. help would really be appraicated. So first off I'm growing in a 120/240/200 grow tent , with 2 - 600w hps lamps with shades. 8 gelato 41 plants. 11l Wilma pots. Hand watering twice a day removing runoff with vax. Using Ro water with dutch pro nutrient,, Temps are pretty high 30 most days some days 32-34 humidity 30-45 at the moment. I'm near the end of week 6 flower and I noticed some foxtailing so i was taking some pictures so I could find some help. And I found a few things that looked like seeds at the bottom of the plant, witch now I think are pollen sacs.. I looked all over the plants and 4 of the plants had pollen sacs on them, I took off what I could see witch was about 20. I'm just worrying now I don't no what to do.. I know I only really have 2 options get it done now or hope for the best I'm really not sure my grow has been going really well I feel gutted and depressed please help...thanks

Screenshot_20220805-132609_Gallery.jpg

20220805_115909.jpg

20220805_115837.jpg

20220804_220031.jpg

20220804_182244.jpg

20220804_182056.jpg

Hey good morning.....so yes those appear to be flowers to me as well.... Nice move being diligent and removing them...I and others here would do the same.

So yes you have two options (1) cull the plant remove from space early.....or (2) move them out the tent and pluck flowers as you see them and finish her/him out... From what I read about hermied plants is even tho the bud will be seeded, they also tend to be potent....not sure how it works but tiz wut I read.

But ultimately it comes down to if you have space inside or out to remove them from messing up the others if that hasn't already happened.

Good luck.

Edit* and for the foxtailing that's caused by either genetics or to much light.... Not necessarily a bad thing just going to make deciding when to it a pain to judge when to chop as it'll keep throwing new pistils....so you'll never see all red and crinkled.

So yes you have two options (1) cull the plant remove from space early.....or (2) move them out the tent and pluck flowers as you see them and finish her/him out... From what I read about hermied plants is even tho the bud will be seeded, they also tend to be potent....not sure how it works but tiz wut I read.
There is a third option....do nothing...good chance those nanners are sterile

Thanks guys for all your feed back I really appriacaite all the help.. I'm just sat around feeling sorry for myself , I was really happy with everything intill I noticed this... I'm proberly just going to keep eye on them and keep them going and hope for the best... the pollen sacs was very small looked bit like seeds , the ones I removed I crumbled them up and there was no power inside.. headache

Hey good morning.....so yes those appear to be flowers to me as well.... Nice move being diligent and removing them...I and others here would do the same.

But ultimately it comes down to if you have space inside or out to remove them from messing up the others if that hasn't already happened.

Good luck.

Edit* and for the foxtailing that's caused by either genetics or to much light.... Not necessarily a bad thing just going to make deciding when to it a pain to judge when to chop as it'll keep throwing new pistils....so you'll never see all red and crinkled.

Good luck.

Thanks mate I appreciate it

What would everyone do in this situation ??? I'm at the end of week 6 flower... so close but so far from finish
Since it is part of the natural life cycle of the plant I just continue on. Some plants will do it because they have hermaphroditic traits. Some do it because they are producing male flowers as a survival trait that allows for a new generation. These male flowers tend to show up late in the game.

You can continue to do what you have done so far. Look over each plant real well and cut off or squish any male flower you come across. Squishing is pretty easy using one of those eyebrow tweezers. It kills the little male flower without all the handling that is sometimes needed to reach in with a small scissors and try to cut off parts.

Watch out for the occasional male flower that shows up in a bud later in the game. Sometimes near the bottom of the canopy but do look in the larger buds at the top. That is where those tweezers or long fingernails can come in handy.

I had a plant that started showing male flowers at 3 weeks. Removed them all and by week 6 it was doing it again. Removed all of them and by week 9 they were back. Naturally all the clones did the same. It was not all that much work but since the quality and quantity of buds were the same or less than what I was already growing I finished growing any clones and that was that.

Some growers toss the plant and try again. Is it worth it to go through weeks of work just toss the plant because of 5 or 6 seeds.

There is a third option....do nothing...good chance those nanners are sterile
Then there is this that CelestialNurseries brings up. Yep, it often seems that the male flowers are sterile or very close to it. A couple of seeds is not the end of the world.

Since it is part of the natural life cycle of the plant I just continue on. Some plants will do it because they have hermaphroditic traits. Some do it because they are producing male flowers as a survival trait that allows for a new generation. These male flowers tend to show up late in the game.

You can continue to do what you have done so far. Look over each plant real well and cut off or squish any male flower you come across. Squishing is pretty easy using one of those eyebrow tweezers. It kills the little male flower without all the handling that is sometimes needed to reach in with a small scissors and try to cut off parts.

Watch out for the occasional male flower that shows up in a bud later in the game. Sometimes near the bottom of the canopy but do look in the larger buds at the top. That is where those tweezers or long fingernails can come in handy.

I had a plant that started showing male flowers at 3 weeks. Removed them all and by week 6 it was doing it again. Removed all of them and by week 9 they were back. Naturally all the clones did the same. It was not all that much work but since the quality and quantity of buds were the same or less than what I was already growing I finished growing any clones and that was that.

Some growers toss the plant and try again. Is it worth it to go through weeks of work just toss the plant because of 5 or 6 seeds.

Then there is this that CelestialNurseries brings up. Yep, it often seems that the male flowers are sterile or very close to it. A couple of seeds is not the end of the world.
Thanks for your help. Yeah I'm just going to keep going with it , I can't be pulling them down now or throwing anyway I couldn't bring myself to do that.. maybe early on in flower but not 6 weeks in.. I think It could turn out to be ok hopefully fingers crossed. I'm pulling out the ones I can see with my fingers , pretty hard to find... but I know I'm not going to be able to get all of them proberly not I have 2 layers of scrog netting and the ones at the back are pretty difficult to get to

Back
Top Bottom