strain= sweet seeds cream caramel f1 fast version
no of plants = 5
type= soil (miracle grow)
setup= fan and carbon filter
temp= 24
nutes=none
stage= flower (5th week)
indoor
problem : as you can see from the pics my plants new growth is dying and leaves are turning yellow and stems are purple this is my first grow and my first post on here and this little problem has baffled me . this strain is a fast version and is meant to bud in 7 weeks so does this mean the plants are just wilting because therye coming to and any help is very much appreciated .

Re: HELP ! purple stems dying leaves

That looks like damage from bugs...thrips?

snipped from 420's thread --

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Thrips
Thrips are really tiny, but can be seen by the naked eye. Some may have wings and some may not. Thrips reproduce rapidly, especially in tight places. That is what makes them hard to get rid of when using pesticides. The suck the sap right out of your plant with there piercing mouths, which makes the leaves look like they turned white. You can tell when you have thrips by taking a look at your leaves, the leaves will look as if there chlorophyll have been ripped right off the plant. Plants that are damaged can’t be healed thus making it harder for the plant to absorb light. SO if left untreated the thrips will kill the plants. Damage also can be seen by the greenish black specks of there poop they leave on leaves. Also the plants will show silver patches from scar tissue. Depending on the severity at first, thrip damage might look like spider mite damage until it increases in damage and then thrips case is for sure when you see the greenness replace with big parts of white.

One good way to repel thrips for those growing outside is to use garlic, this is a good way to keep them away before you get them. The color yellow attracts the thrips and should be advised not to have this color around your grow.. If you already have them using neem oil, and or lady bugs can get rid of them. If the infestation is bad then you need to use biological solution like, pyrethrin-like insecticides. Picture 8 shows thrips damage.
Other Products include:
Chemicals
Hot Pepper Wax,Safer Yard & Garden Insecticide (which can be used right to the day of harvest), GNATROL (used in hydro in the water as well as soil), Doc's Neem Pest Soap, Safer Sticky Stakes, TR-11000 Pyrethrum.

Picture 1 is Thrip damage
Picture 2 is Thrip Larvae (Picture Contributed by: Flatt)

I'm not sure that it's trips because I have a filter and my room spotless , I reckon it's because the plants bud stage is only seven weeks and also the miracle grow isn't doing it any favours would a flush be advisable ?

If you check the back of the leaves with a magnifying glass and do not find bugs... the next likely thing is nutrient lock outs. If that is what it is a flush with Epsom salts would be what I would try.

Cheers man I'm gonna do that tonight thanks for taking the time to help a brother out appreciated

Good luck bro. Next, you should let your pot dry out.
I have flushed MG soil before, and it's not that easy. Some types of it have slow release nute balls in it, so you can't ever really flush the medium free of nutrient. That's one reason that many shy away from it. Many will add Perlite and vermiculite, for a more cannabis-friendly structure and increased drainage (and less balls by ratio) ...which will grow your roots like crazy, allow the pot to dry out, and give you some huge buds.

MG is good for the money, but in my experience, you have to ammend the soil, and employ some work arounds, to get the best out of it.

What type of Miracle Gro soil did you use? Does your Miracle Gro soil contain time released nutrients? I have used Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad and Monterey All Natural 3 in 1 Garden Insect Spray to kill spider mites and thrips. I add 3-5 drops per gallon of Ivory Liquid Soap as a surfactant to help the spray stick to leaves and stems better. I spray every 3 days alternating the 2 Monterey products for 2 weeks to kill adults and larvae as they hatch. Sierra Natural Sciences also makes 2 products to kill spider mites and thrips SNS-217C Concentrate and SNS-209 Systemic Insect Control.

https://ozbo.com Monterey Garden Insect Spray

https://ozbo.com All Natural 3 in 1 Garden Insect Spray

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-217c

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-209

Back
Top Bottom