Help upgrade my lighting - Advice - LED with HPS hybrid idea

Happyjoy

hey there. im looking to upgrade my rig and was hoping to get some advice.
(i posted this post in marshydro thread, but i realized, in order to get the most balanced opionion, i should post it not connected to marshydro)

im currently running 1 96x3 marshydro reflector.
room size: 2x3 feet. 5 feet height.

the 96x3 just isnt pushing it during flower for my room size. so i must upgrade.
ive got about 200$ to invest
i considered buying another 96x3 (which would actually be the new 96x5), but then noticed, that id much rather, just sell my current 96x3, and instead purchase with all the money together a light for 500$.

whats the best light, for my room size (2x3, by 5' height) for that price range? or assuming i cant sell my 96x3, whats teh best light for 200-300$ budget that i can use together my 96x3?

the draw wattage of my 96x3 is around 180W

LOOKS LIKE MY OPTIONS ARE:
1) buy a 96x5 and run together with my 96x3 (about 63w sq ft together with my 96x3)
2)a mars II 700, and not sell my 96x3, instead run this together with my 96x3 (about 80w sq ft)
3)to sell my 96x3, and buy a PRO 160 epistar (60w sq ft coverage)
4)i can keep my 96x3, and buy a 250w HPS to combine with it
that way i get benifits of both the LED and HPS.

am i better off overall, keeping my 96x3 and running together with a marsII 70, or a 96x5. or is the product outcome quality of the pro epistar series so much better, that its worth selling the 96x3, and buying just a pro 160, and having less sq ft coverage than the other two options but a better quality light?????

I don't really know about the mars pro don't have one and the other mars lights I can't say. But I have a old serie mars 100x3 and Im berry happy with it and would not trade it for what so ever. I also run a digi ballast 150 w hps boosted to 170 watts. And really like this as well and for the money. I would redder buy a hps than a led but when I started I just liked the led lights...

So I would go for buying a 250 watt hps if you could handel the extra heat... And add a cooltube if I is to hot... But the mars lights run pritty hot as well... So its up to you but I like hps mixed with led and if I lose a led I buy a other led and if I lose a hps I buy a other hps I love the mixed spectrum. The fat hps bud with the led taste and density. It just makes better buds

I don't really know about the mars pro don't have one and the other mars lights I can't say. But I have a old serie mars 100x3 and Im berry happy with it and would not trade it for what so ever. I also run a digi ballast 150 w hps boosted to 170 watts. And really like this as well and for the money. I would redder buy a hps than a led but when I started I just liked the led lights...

So I would go for buying a 250 watt hps if you could handel the extra heat... And add a cooltube if I is to hot... But the mars lights run pritty hot as well... So its up to you but I like hps mixed with led and if I lose a led I buy a other led and if I lose a hps I buy a other hps �� I love the mixed spectrum. The fat hps bud with the led taste and density. It just makes better buds ��

thnks.
have you actually grown correctly with the only LEDS,
and also grown with only HPS
and because of that you came to the conclusion of growing mixed together?

perhaps the LED grow didnt go as good for you, if perhaps you didnt have enough watt per ft of the led because of actual draw power?

if i buy another LED panel, and have the proper amount of LED pr sq foot, then that still wont have better results over, led mixed with hps?

Yea your conclusion is good no grow is the same. but i grow for manny years and only post on my micro grow because that is for fun and for my self... And talking about a commercial grow I don't like to do that. No one has to know about that. But I have multiple grows with led and hps. And some smaller commercial grows with only one hps and some with same amount of led. The thing as commercial grower is money and setting a grow with led panels cost more but is cheaper in the long run. But the commercial grows with just hps have higher output and just give me more bang for my buck . But for a personal grow I like to go high Tec and do as much as I can and from experience I have to say mixing spectrum's makes a better tasting bud as long as you can control your temps and have a perfect feeding regimen.

But Its so much and there are so many things that can go wrong.

For instance I have had grows I hated because it was running at 32degreeds... Way to hot for my likings I hated the bud that came off the plants it tasted horrible. But Mann of my friends loved it and were willing to pay for it... So taste can make a difference but if you can handel the heat take a hps. And if you really don't like it sell it and buy a led... It's up to you my friend I just like to mix .

Still thinking about going to use some uvb lights u know the once they use for reptiles and snakes. It suposed to increase the amount of THC present in your buds. But that's just a mythe and I'm just willing to try.

Every experience I get with my micro grow I can than take to my commercial grows to make a better product.

But I spent 10 times more time on my micro grow than I do on the commercial once

Yea your conclusion is good �� no grow is the same. but i grow for manny years and only post on my micro grow because that is for fun and for my self... And talking about a commercial grow I don't like to do that. No one has to know about that. But I have multiple grows with led and hps. And some smaller commercial grows with only one hps and some with same amount of led. The thing as commercial grower is money and setting a grow with led panels cost more but is cheaper in the long run. But the commercial grows with just hps have higher output and just give me more bang for my buck ��. But for a personal grow I like to go high Tec and do as much as I can and from experience I have to say mixing spectrum's makes a better tasting bud as long as you can control your temps and have a perfect feeding regimen.

But Its so much and there are so many things that can go wrong.

For instance I have had grows I hated because it was running at 32degreeds... Way to hot for my likings I hated the bud that came off the plants it tasted horrible. But Mann of my friends loved it and were willing to pay for it... So taste can make a difference but if you can handel the heat take a hps. And if you really don't like it sell it and buy a led... It's up to you my friend I just like to mix .

Still thinking about going to use some uvb lights u know the once they use for reptiles and snakes. It suposed to increase the amount of THC present in your buds. But that's just a mythe and I'm just willing to try.

Every experience I get with my micro grow I can than take to my commercial grows to make a better product.

But I spent 10 times more time on my micro grow than I do on the commercial once ��

Ok. So assuming i went for the route of mixing, how would u best mix a 180w draw LED with hps? Wouldnt it be best to mix that with a 150w hps instead of a 250w hps?
That way the hps wont be stronger than the led?
Ive been contemplating to try and figure out how its done. If u hang the lights side by side, so then dowsnt half thw grow get hps and the other half leds. Do they actually mix or do u see differwnt results for plants under the hps and planta under thw led?

..... You are making this way to hard for yourself.... First what size is your space ??? I have 3.8 square feet and have 100 watts per square foot in my flower space. Putting in more than that will prob burn them.... Or bleaching the buds... But I always aim for 100 watts per square foot in flowering spaces...

So pick up a calculator instead of letting my figure out what you want you know more about your space than I do...

And 180 watt is not verry mutch so adding a 250 would be a lot better than one 150...

Also a hps with high wattage will penetrate deeper into your MJ Forrest....

And if you have the space yo put In two 150 watt hps lights on either side of the led light. Tht will mix nice

Back
Top Bottom