Help w dwc and plant burn

NEWBIE49

OK I HAVE 5 GAL RES With 4 net pods good air stone avg water pump.. using GH nutrients CFL lighting.. the box on a normal day is 85 degrees all the time i need help.. my plants are going from green to brown now why is that???

there are several ways this may happen just thnkn off top .. first thng id startt to chck is the ppms and ph make sure they are consistant and the water temps are room temp plus how much its telling you to add i ause gh products and have great results but cut their dosage first then build up to it if your plant cant handle it shell tell ya. also you need to make sure you change your water every 7 days min 14 days max chck it every day and fill with just your tap water . i dnt see pics so if its clohrine burn let your water set out over nght before using it this lets the clohr. evap

here is a picture
IMG_110714.jpg

do you have any air exchange in the box you dont need the humidity once theyve started to grow 85 is to hot if it dnt kill her you may end up hermying them, hmmmm
do you have a ppm/ tds meter . they look good and green but its got to be your temps if your on spot with your nutes..this isnt clor burn or a diffeciency. you can get a cheap meter for like 30 bucks i recommend this to any new grower

well i just setup an intake fan 95 cfm bringing air from outdoors, and a outage fan on the other end taking air out the box the temp at night is about 67 the lowest and depending on the day the highest it might hit is 82-83, i actually don't have a ppm/tds meter just a ph tester but ill buy one tomorrow thanks please any advice is welcome

i agree with frank , you have a crazy fluctuation in your temps for one it shouldnt get above lets say 70 to be safe .....or try to find a heat mat and brng your water temp up (slightly -no more than ten degrees)at nght when its cooler . but i would really lean towards your enviormental aspect of your grow ...water 68 ,room 70-72,humidity veg-50,flwr 30,than just keep a close eye shell tell ya in a day or two if she likes it .everyone has different methods with the temps but its important they are consistant..

yeah sounds like you've gotten your answer alright! haha. i love this community!

oh yeah btw, you should use some sort of flexible insulant to cover the outsides of your buckets to help maintain a more stable temp. I am doing a DWC, and used a piece of reflective insulation from home depot. it comes in a 3' X25' roll and is about an 1/8" thick, its silver and reflective to, which is great for repelling heat and helping to utilize a little more of that bouncing light.
def post updates, and progress. welcome to the forum!

back i changes the res water got the temp right about 70-75 the temp in my box is about 67-80 depending on the weather or temp outdoors, exhaust fan is in plugged up air exchange is in effect.. the plants are loving the air flow i still have to run out and get the ppm/tds meter i will this wknd ... the leaves are getting really wide now and stems are actually poking out the net pod

yeah i thnk youll be ok the best way to see if shes improving is in the new growth the bottom leaves tend to weak as the dont have the light and if they are clones this is the frst place the plant takes the energy from to support the new growth uptop so youll see the yellowing this is lack of nitrogen thus telling you if they are yellow at the bottom and new growth at the top thats where shes putting it , again if she keeps showing this try cutting you nutes back ..so if your using what they advise then go just half that .. shes small so you should only bo givin her a quarter what the directions say fot the frst week then at water change bump it up each tym till your at the rec . dosage

thanks guys the plant grew almost 2 inches in a few days i would say she is about 10inces tall from the hydration rooks and i also have a baby next to her about 3 inches tall and very wide, when should i start flowering ?

if you started these as seeds ? you want to veg these out as long as you can take clones root them and flwr the clones if she is a she then you can just keep cutting clones from her... my mom plant was a clone and has provided me with bud for awhile they say you can keep moms for years and if they are well takin care of it can happen..anyways if you just want to grow this one out and replace with anew one then let the plant get to 12" and then initiate the flwr phase

i thought about doing that but right now i just want to accomplish my first grow well first grow that i could put to use, the strain is just bag seed until i add any sweeteners.. i just wanna get it down packed.. here is a pic
IMG_122012.jpg

yeah she looks good ., if shes from seed you have six weeks then you should see sex and if not just throw her into darkness for 12/12 this lasts for about 8 -14 wks depending on what strain your flwring your looks more saty so its prob going to be a 10- 12 wk flwr .just keep your temps rght change your water every 7 days min 14 days max and fill you res with fresh ph water in between ..make sure lghts on is when you play when the lghts go out leave them out .

Back
Top Bottom