Help! - What's wrong here?

rhythamystik

So I started a few babies from seed a few weeks back. Everything was going pretty smoothly untill just the other day. But first let's take a step back a few days. I started the germinated seeds in small pots. Unfortunately the other day we had a bad wind storm but I was at work and didn't get home till late. The wind was so strong it looked like they were gunna break so I brought them inside for the night. Now the other day I transplanted the little babies into 5 gallon pales and got some new medium for them to grow in. But just today I started to notice that the leaves were getting brown spots on them and are starting to twist and shrivel a little bit. Just wondering what might be going on. Not sure if it's the medium I used or if it's a deficiency of some kind. I thought maybe a calcium deficiency but I'm no expert. Please if anybody knows something let me know

tapatalk_14491117874181.jpeg
tapatalk_1449111791247.jpeg
tapatalk_1449118545263.jpeg
tapatalk_1449118547001.jpeg
tapatalk_1449118550029.jpeg
tapatalk_1449118552057.jpeg
tapatalk_1449118554161.jpeg
I'll just drop these here. I nabbed these from a guy on here that has won plant of the month so I'm sure he wouldn't be sharing false info.

According to a photo list of dificiencies brown spots with twisted abnormal growth it may be a boron deficiency. Are you using nutrients?

Thanks. But by looking at the pics of boron deficiencies I'm pretty sure it's not that. Only one leaf is twisted. It almost looks like it may have been from heat stress but it hasn't been all that hot. The spots almost came immediately after transplant and are very few. I haven't been using any nutes yet as I haven't had the time yet to go pick some up. The babies are still very new. I'd say only about 4-5 inches tall. So I'm not sure if boron deficiencies develop in the early or late stages of veg. Like I said before we had very strong wind about 20kmh for about three days. I know wind is a good thing but it was pretty strong so I'm not sure if that caused them to do what they did. I got new medium as well but dint have a PH tester to test it. Mind you the medium isn't exactly what you should be using. It consists of top quality peat and humus. Which I heard was ok. No perlite but it does have very small wood chips. By the way....I'm new to these forum things so did my photos work??

a picture says a 1,000 words and one now would help to make the call. Also a bit more specific information would also be of great help, you said you transplanted them into 5 gallon pots in a new medium of top quality peat and humus. Going to take a stab in the dark here, that it was the makers of this medium is where you got that it was top quality? Does this medium have a brand name which I can google and find out what is in it?
Please do not take this the wrong way but you are asking for a diagnosis of something that could be 1/2 dozen different things. I can only compare it with calling doctor and saying, I do not feel very good, diagnosis me please.
The more information you give, the easier it is to get a correct diagnosis, everything from type of medium you use, to nutrients and how much and how often, how you water and how often, from the wind part I am guessing you had these girls outdoors or at least near an open window perhaps. Are you using supplemental lights or just relying on sunlight? What was your logic for up potting directly into a 5 gallon container as opposed to up potting to a 1 gallon pot?

Guess I could of kept this short and sweet and just said "More info please and Pictures"

Dam I am a slow typer, when I started this post no pictures were up

tapatalk_14491117874181.jpeg
tapatalk_1449111791247.jpeg
tapatalk_1449118545263.jpeg
tapatalk_1449118547001.jpeg
tapatalk_1449118550029.jpeg
tapatalk_1449118552057.jpeg
tapatalk_1449118554161.jpeg
I'll just drop these here. I nabbed these from a guy on here that has won plant of the month so I'm sure he wouldn't be sharing false info.

Awsome post Newbie!! how you fix each problem. Too bad you cant click on and get the answer.
Ive got some with Nitro def. and heat stress. I wonderd what made them kinda curl on only a few, it couldent take the heat as much. I thought it was strain of plant. Those seeds took forever to pop. I hope all is well newbie! im going 8" for all, duct, fan, because of my 8" hoods

I see a wet spot around the transplanted plant. Look into correct watering techniques. A transplant needs to be watered in thoroughly.

Back
Top Bottom