Help with different size plants

newbee1234

hi everyone, this is my first time posing and growing (look at me popping 2 cherry's at once lol).

im running a 1.2x1.2 tent with 600w HiD, euro reflector and magnetic ballast. 150mm rhino L1 with 150mm rhino filter run of a rhino RC-1 controller and a 2000kW thermally controlled oil filled rad currently in soil 11 "round pots (just about to change to 18" smart pots with coca) with duchpro nutes.

i have 5 plants in there just in there 3rd week of vegging and 4 of them are a nice size but one of the is quite small in comparison with much smaller denser leaves. Ive tried moving them about into different positions but to no avail. am i doing anything wrong???

Also like ive mentioned im gonna put them in bigger pots 18l square smart pots with coca my question is once i re-pot them how long should i leave the lights on before i go 12/12

DSC_071713.JPG
DSC_071612.JPG
DSC_071512.JPG
DSC_07146.JPG

thanks rifleman ill put her on a little box or something. what would you recommend as to the the re-potting and flipping 12/12? any ideas.
thanks

Flipping depends on how much head room you have. Raise your light to max, give a few inchs clearance for heat protection, and see how far down it is to your plant. That's your head room. A plant will stretch two to three times the size at the time of the flip depending on the strain.

Bigger pot, bigger roots, longer veg, all equal bigger yield. It's a balancing game we all play. :)

It's hard to tell how tall those plants are now, but I'm guessing about 12 inches? They're doing great for three weeks of vegging.
If it was me I would transplant now. You will start to run out of room during flowering if you leave them too long because they are going to stretch a bunch. I usually wait at least a week or so for the roots to establish before I flip to 12/12, though I have sometimes flipped them right after transplanting and they did fine. The situation would benefit from some LST- tying some of the branches down and spreading and arranging the limbs to make a more even canopy, as well as raising up the short plant as mentioned.

thanks for the advice ill update after i flip. also thanks for the comments Weaselcracker like i said there 17 days into vegging now and the biggest is touching 16 inches i was a bit unsure cos like i said this is my first grow and i wanna get it right as i have plans for a big wilma style set up next for my first step into hydroponics and this is a great learning curve.

I used to grow that size. I would flip when they were 14-16" high. I grew in 3 gallon pots. Would fit about 9 plants in a 3-1/2' X 4' space. They would stretch to about 30" on average.

Evening everyone ive re-potted into 17 ltr smart buckets with coco now so i thought id give a quick update. the re-potting went easier then hoped and i was very surprised at the root balls i had hiding under my little baby's. ive also started using silicon in the feeds as i was told it would help lower the chances of anything going wrong as it helps boost the plants toughness and ability to fight off fungus and stuff which is always a Brucey bonus. ive also orders a bag of exhale CO2 which works by the mycelial mass inside the bag. This mycelial mass cultivates CO2 and the one-way breather patch releases CO2 for up to six months and is ideal for 6 plants. the idea is to hang it just above the foliage and leave it alone to do its thing. it can increase CO2 upto 1500 ppm so il set it up and leave it a few days and them test the tent with a meter and let you know how it comes on

till then peace out people
DSC_072112.JPG
DSC_07229.JPG
DSC_072413.JPG
DSC_072516.JPG

oh yeah forgot to add when i originally got the cutting i had 6 but one followed the wrong light (lol) during transport and died but the fella i got them of had found out and replaced it with one from the same crop that's ready to go 12/12 as soon as it settles in its new pot for ***FREE*** now that's a bloody Bruciey so that's how there is now 6 in the photos (its in photo 3 bottom left) :thumb:

Good evening everyone, hope all is well.

so in two days into flowering and two days since i put in this exhale co2 bag in and well its looking amazing.

DSC_079910.JPG
DSC_08008.JPG

just waiting on my new meter to come and ill let yous know what level the co2 is in the tent claims to raise it to 1500ppm, here is what it look like in the tent

DSC_08018.JPG

so yeah im gonna let them expand for about a week and ill update again
till then peace out people.

easy people hope everyone is doing well.

its been a full week of 12/12 now so i though id update this thread with how my baby are looking. I also ended up getting 2 exhale bags as there was a slight mix up with my order :slide: not that im complaining like lol. in my (not so expert) opinion the bags do seem to be doing there job the foliage has more than doubled in its first week flowering and the co2 levels are floating around the 1500-1600 range so fingers crossed it carry's on :goodluck::yummy:.

ive also just ordered some Potsil Potassium Silicate which is a massive 34% Potassium based Silicate so basically it will mix 2500 LITRES yes 2500 LITRES of silicon packed feed for less than £9 and it doubles up as a ph up as well so its a double bonus.

DSC_09115.JPG

DSC_09128.JPG
DSC_09133.JPG

hello everyone hope you all good.

im a few days late doing my little weekly update, but i have a genuine reason..... ive been cloning :slide:

basically i went in on Monday with the intent of lollipopping my baby's, id spent the best part of the weekend viewing various videos about which was the best way to go about it with the aim of increasing my yeald, and super sharp scissors in one hand and iPad in the other i entered the grow room, and bottled it ...... i just couldn't do it it felt so wrong chopping them up like that but i did give the a little trim and discovered how easy it was to clone your beauties. so i got ten clones off on Monday from the first row but ran out of time to do the second so i did them on Tuesday and got another 10 here they are back row is Mondays and front row is Tuesdays

DSC_09329.JPG

so anyways i went into see my babys today (wed) and wow i mean bud fucking city sprung up overnight i was so happy i took individual photos of them and here they are

DSC_09357.JPG

now this one is the reason i started this tread in the first place its always been smaller than the rest

DSC_09429.JPG

and this one was also a tad smaller but shes now keeping up with the rest

DSC_09419.JPG

DSC_09406.JPG

DSC_09395.JPG

DSC_09362.JPG

here is a close up of one of the kolas

DSC_09386.JPG

DSC_09378.JPG

less then 6 weeks to go now im sooo looking forward to it

peace out people

howdy cowboy and cowgirls, how is everyone.

now 3 weeks into flowering and the girls are looking good. plenty of nice big kolas and really frosting up. the potsil looks like it doing a good job was a bit unsure at first cos it is so highly concentrated i didnt want my girls getting nute burns, but not once has it so far so good. just gave them there first dose of Hamerhead by advance nutes (its on there secret menu) and have a bottle of overdrive ready for weeks 5 and six and ive ordered a bottle of flawless finish for week 7 before its a total detox in week 8 .
so ill catch up on here in about a week and see how its going
till then peace out people

DSC_097014.JPG
DSC_097212.JPG
DSC_097311.JPG

Back
Top Bottom