Help With Lighting Please

Mcdoolit

I'm using the "1200" watt light and I'm using it in a 48x24x60 grow tent with three plants.
I know this isn't the best light, so I was considering buying a new light for my next grow.
Would it be a completely dumb idea to just buy the same light again and use them together, or would you suggest upgrading to an entirely different light?
Any advice is appreciated.

It depends on you’re finances I guess...

It’s fine and dandy to buy the best light Erwin can find, but that’s not always an option for some...

Id suggest maybe buying the f1500 version of that model and run the both of them..... maybe?

I'm using the "1200" watt light and I'm using it in a 48x24x60 grow tent with three plants.
I know this isn't the best light, so I was considering buying a new light for my next grow.
Would it be a completely dumb idea to just buy the same light again and use them together, or would you suggest upgrading to an entirely different light?
Any advice is appreciated.
My suggestion is always to check and see what might be available used or from a private party. Then check the reviews for lights. I've gone to LED's and found they all ran cool until I bought a "Real LED Light" from Philzon that uses real 10w led's instead of the 3w everyone else uses. They run a bit hot but damn they put out a lot of light! I paid $60/each for them - 249 or so on Amazon!:goodluck:

Never buy lights off Amazon. No good lights are there. I would look into a Meijiu A8 or if you’re looking for QBs a 288V2 or maybe a Geekbeast light.
I’ve bought both my lights from amazon... a T5 for young seedlings and early veg,(which is all anybody needs) and a LED blurple... the blurple has proven to produce on several occasions....

Not everybody is made of money and can afford the top of the line gear...

I made my own tent, and built everything I could besides the light, the fan and the carbon combo kit.

My suggestion is always to check and see what might be available used or from a private party. Then check the reviews for lights. I've gone to LED's and found they all ran cool until I bought a "Real LED Light" from Philzon that uses real 10w led's instead of the 3w everyone else uses. They run a bit hot but damn they put out a lot of light! I paid $60/each for them - 249 or so on Amazon!:goodluck:
Thanks for the advice! It's a hard decision as to what to do for my 2nd run, so any advice is appreciated.

Never buy lights off Amazon. No good lights are there. I would look into a Meijiu A8 or if you’re looking for QBs a 288V2 or maybe a Geekbeast light.
Yea, that's what I've been reading. These are my girls. I fed them too much, so I'm trying to correct that now but I figured for a cheap light, it isn't too bad. Just sucks to know that if I would have infested another 100, I maybe could've doubled my weight.

20201120_054427.jpg

20201120_054416.jpg

20201120_054352.jpg

20201120_054345.jpg

I’ve bought both my lights from amazon... a T5 for young seedlings and early veg,(which is all anybody needs) and a LED blurple... the blurple has proven to produce on several occasions....

Not everybody is made of money and can afford the top of the line gear...

I made my own tent, and built everything I could besides the light, the fan and the carbon combo kit.
Amazon lights are more expensive than lights from Alibaba but alright.

You could build two, 2x2 lights that fit the tent perfectly.
I built two lights to fit my 2 x 5 space.
You could build the exact lights but make strips about 1/2" closer together to fit a 2x4.
You would never really need to run the lights full blast which is good, if you run them dimmed down most of the time they run cooler, last longer, have plenty of headroom left so as they slowly start to dim after 5 to 10 years you still have plenty of power in reserve.
Plus if you ever went to a larger grow space you could expand the same lights to fit.
These are 325w each and when dimmed down to 250w are cool to the touch.
Cost is about $375 each.

20200930_181300.jpg

You could build two, 2x2 lights that fit the tent perfectly.
I built two lights to fit my 2 x 5 space.
You could build the exact lights but make strips about 1/2" closer together to fit a 2x4.
You would never really need to run the lights full blast which is good, if you run them dimmed down most of the time they run cooler, last longer, have plenty of headroom left so as they slowly start to dim after 5 to 10 years you still have plenty of power in reserve.
Plus if you ever went to a larger grow space you could expand the same lights to fit.
These are 325w each and when dimmed down to 250w are cool to the touch.
Cost is about $375 each.

20200930_181300.jpg
They look sweet! I read online about making them a bit. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom